War Mode = Horde Mode

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Do you agree with this statement?

Also consider:

War mode=Horde welfare mode
War mode=10% buff for horde
War mode=living nightmare for alliance
More of you could just turn on the thing for that not to be the case?
10/19/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Gelato

70% of pvp'ers are on horde right now.

https://www.arenamate.net/

That's why alliance arent turning it on, cause for every 1 alliance that does, theres 2 horde that also do.
It's not the Horde's fault that Alliance don't want to turn their warmode on
No. Horde cannot force Alliance to turn on Warmode. Blame your own faction for the imbalance.
I blame chicken!@#$ Alliance players who don't help each other when attacked or respond to calls for help. You want to be a Bitter Betty about WM? Look to your fellow players and ask them why they'd rather watch you die than lend a hand.
I called War Mode "Horde Mode" a while back, though it's no ones fault but our own. I was sick and tired of getting ganged up on by packs of roaming Horde, there's only so long you can deal with that mentally.

The only way it's currently tolerable for Alliance is if you're playing a Rogue or Druid, but only because you can stealth to get around. I'm really not sure how to convince Alliance players to turn it back on, I really can't blame them for turning it off in the first place.
I kind of wish the warmode +reward % buff was higher if your faction was outnumbered more, the more outnumbered the higher the reward buff.
10/19/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Kalorea

Also consider:

I'm going to indulge you wit a well thought response. I think Warmode was poorly implemented to a problem that became worse. There was already a faction imbalance and now Warmode has made that balance worse.

I think they should spend the Hardware to make their priemer wPvP server a perma PvP server and become separate from rest of the sharding. Emerald Dream was easily the go-to WPvP server in this game.

They need to anchor wPvP to that concept instead of trying to create other servers as equals, because they simply did not have the appropriate balance and culture.

I would also prefer they re impliment faction locks on a single server.
10/19/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Dose
10/19/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Gelato

70% of pvp'ers are on horde right now.

https://www.arenamate.net/

That's why alliance arent turning it on, cause for every 1 alliance that does, theres 2 horde that also do.

Stats for rated pvp don’t reflect if people want to engage in world pvp/casual pvp.
An Alliance player right now turning wm on does not cause 2 Horde players to also do so.
There was plenty of Alliance in wm at the beginning of the expansion, it’s no one’s fault if you all want to turn it off
No I don't, leveled up my lock and a hunter killed her. The next day a rogue killed my lock. A week later saw a bunch of 120 alliance players killing 100-110 players.
10/19/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Ravendream
I kind of wish the warmode +reward % buff was higher if your faction was outnumbered more, the more outnumbered the higher the reward buff.

If they did this I would no longer be complaining.
I only have Warmode on for one or two of my characters. The rest I have no interest in PvP'ing with outside of actual BGs. My server was originally a PvE server, yet you still get people running around trash talking anyone that doesn't have Warmode on. If I wanted to do open-world PvP content 24/7 I would have been on a PvP server to start with.
10/19/2018 06:35 PMPosted by Yayayayayaya
No. Horde cannot force Alliance to turn on Warmode. Blame your own faction for the imbalance.

No. I'm blaming Blizzard for not seeing an obvious mistake by giving PvE bonuses for this PvP switch, knowing full well that one faction would have it over the other.

They should just suck up their pride and remove the bonus. Right now you're playing in welfare mode if you have Warmode on and you're Horde.
I don't need to have warmode on to find those flagged alliance and wipe them out even better when they forget where they are and I can yank them into a base and watch them get stomped all over the ground.

Reminds me of the AFK 111 mage I saw today he died nicely. did I feel pity? NOT at all. All I hear is the sound of salty tears from players who can't deal with getting over run but yet they have no issue doing it to others.

You keep blaming the Horde but it's not our fault you r faction REFUSED to step up but turned and ran away.

My server was originally a PvE server, yet you still get people running around trash talking anyone that doesn't have Warmode on.

this is the reason I don't care about Warmode I do fine with out it and many others do as well.

The Alliance has a problem with Warmode and it's not the game or the other faction that is the problem once again it's the Alliance players.

10/19/2018 06:49 PMPosted by Airc
They should just suck up their pride and remove the bonus. Right now you're playing in welfare mode if you have Warmode on and you're Horde.

I should have known it would be you screaming Horde Bias like you do in every thread. If you so mad roll Horde and come get your bonus Oh wait you stated you never would play Horde.

Guess I should flag my dk and get my free welfare.

10/19/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Ravendream

I like your thinking.

10/19/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Kalorea

Also consider:

No I do not agree with that.

but I do Agree with War mode=living nightmare for alliance only cause the faction refuses to engage in warmode that is not the other half of the player bases issue.

No. I'm blaming Blizzard for not seeing an obvious mistake by giving PvE bonuses for this PvP switch, knowing full well that one faction would have it over the other.

If everyone Alli who sits around crying about how unfair warmode is actually turned it on and fought back maybe you wouldn't have this problem. Stop blaming others, the ball really is in your court.
Removing the bonus is not the answer, figuring out a way to entice more Alliance players to participate is.

What makes you so sure it was a mistake? Horde just won war mode, and are now getting the benefit.
Why not remove all the 10% bonuses, so only people who want to world PvP do it. A lot less complaints would happen since it's be an optional thing with no benefit.

I don't like the "but lost time getting ganked" argument for the buffs. They didn't exist in PvP servers. If you choose warmode it's on your time and you can turn it off if you want to grind lvls or farm
Just an FYI, these threads should always be only regarding to that persons opinion. I, along with several other people I WPvP with, have loved and enjoyed it very much so.

I hope if they continue to do something right in this xpac, it would be to continue to expand on this and add objectives that could further fuel the WPvP scene.