"You paid $50 for a time-limited demo"

Classic Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I didn't even buy the virtual ticket. But people who are laughing at those who did because the game will be heavily time-restricted are being dishonest haters.

We were told that we would be able to play the Classic Demo for about a week at the beginning of November. We then buy a $50 ticket and later learn that we will only be able to play, say, half the time during that week because Blizz doesn't want to supply enough server power for the demo. That is, honestly, pretty fraudulent. It's like buying/paying for a 16 oz steak and the waiter brings out an 8 oz steak. "Well it's your fault you bought a limited-size steak lolol" is not a satisfactory answer to the buyer who now, rightfully so, feels cheated.
you paid 50 dollars to be allowed to virtually attend a conference, which comes with the demo
its still a scummy thing to bundle it with blizzcon, but, regardless, people are taking it out of proportion or however

how much does blizzcon normally cost to virtually attend, by the way? I don't remember
Not to sound like a fanboy, which most will probably scream it after this statement, but, you paid for a chance to play the demo. You are still getting what you paid for. A chance to play it.

There's a lot of angry people just because they can't no life level 15-19 on a demo and it's honestly just sad at this point.
I still defend my decision to purchase. Poor people need not apply. I don't think Obama is going to subsidize this for you.
True, you also paid to virtually attend all of Blizzcon. So i guess it's more like you buy a wine and steak bundle and the wine was one glass as advertised. But that doesn't mean you haven't been cheated for the value you still expected to derive from the half-sized steak.
Previous years it has been $40
10/22/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Tarregor
you paid 50 dollars to be allowed to virtually attend a conference, which comes with the demo
its still a scummy thing to bundle it with blizzcon, but, regardless, people are taking it out of proportion or however

how much does blizzcon normally cost to virtually attend, by the way? I don't remember

10/22/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Thermiss
The ONLY thing you could not get for free immediately following the con beyond a couple in-game worthless pixels was the demo. Pretending that a not remotely small number of people didn't purchase VTs solely for said demo is dishonest as hell.
you know they sell these virtual tickets for about the same price every year with no demo?
10/22/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Kiereco
Not to sound like a fanboy, which most will probably scream it after this statement, but, you paid for a chance to play the demo. You are still getting what you paid for. A chance to play it.

There's a lot of angry people just because they can't no life level 15-19 on a demo and it's honestly just sad at this point.

They never said "buy the virtual ticket and maybe you'll get a chance to play it" LOL you're clearly biased af and don't like classic.
10/22/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Zionfist
you know they sell these virtual tickets for about the same price every year with no demo?

How many people would not have purchased it this year, but for the inclusion of the demo? THAT is the issue.
My thought about this may seem conspiracy theory, but i think they do this time limit because sold much more access than they can keep on servers.
You know they raised the price by $10 this year?
The 50$ is for the blizzcon ticket, the demo is free

So if a restaurant has a sale on steak dinner, then it's justified to bring out a half-sized steak because it's a better deal than usual?
10/22/2018 12:17 PMPosted by Biophage

How is it free if you're paying 50 bucks?
10/22/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Thermiss

How many people would not have purchased it this year, but for the inclusion of the demo? THAT is the issue.

lots of people buy it every year regardless. how much did you people expect from a demo anyway? most game demos have an hour or two of content and then you move on

40$ is the standard virtual ticket price, an extra 10 for the demo isnt bad

to put it another way, no one should have paid 50$ just for a freaking demo, hell overwatch in its entirety only cost 40
10/22/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Vegetables

So if a restaurant has a sale on steak dinner, then it's justified to bring out a half-sized steak because it's a better deal than usual?

missing the point. you are buying a virtual blizzcon ticket, with the demo added on

if the ticket isnt worth anything to you, then you should not have bought it. the ticket itself is 40$ normally
10/22/2018 12:17 PMPosted by Biophage

Each purchaser will put different values on each component within the package. Some players may put the bulk of the $50 towards the demo and would notmhave purchased the ticket if it didn’t include that.

I understand the reason why they will initially do a time limitation but I agree that it is scummy of Blizzard to not be clear about that when they included the details of the package.
10/22/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Mahnko
I still defend my decision to purchase. Poor people need not apply. I don't think Obama is going to subsidize this for you.

LOL.

10/22/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Tarregor

10/22/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Kiereco

Put these two points together and got it spot on.

I do agree with you too OP.

Also edit: I'd like to clarify I don't claim the demo to be free. Like Charax said people put different percentage amounts. If I go for it which still undecided it'd primarily be for the demo. But I can't argue that in general you are buying the ticket. The demo is incentive for buying the ticket. It may be your sole reason for buying the ticket but it isn't all that you are buying.
The Virtual Ticket is so that you can watch everything and anything going on at the BlizzCon stages. The added in-game perks and bonuses that are free with the Virtual Ticket are ancillary.

The announcement was very, very clear that the Classic demo was going to be very, very limited in scope. The few people that paid $50 just for access to the demo knew this going in.