Alterac Humans?

Story Forum
Are we ever going to see these guys? Anyone have any thoughts?
eh, aside from the syndicate, most of them are either dead or integrated into another kingdom, so probably not
10/22/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Withpuppys
eh, aside from the syndicate, most of them are either dead or integrated into another kingdom

Do the syndicate have any history with anyone besides themselves? I recall the Alterac humans were "allies" with the Orcs. But I think that was more for just protection right?
Put them on the Horde. Or at least tell us what happened to General Hath and all his guys who decided to not play friendly with the Horde in WC2.
10/22/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Menard
10/22/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Withpuppys
eh, aside from the syndicate, most of them are either dead or integrated into another kingdom

Do the syndicate have any history with anyone besides themselves? I recall the Alterac humans were "allies" with the Orcs. But I think that was more for just protection right?
the syndicate had a rivalry with ravenholdt assassins a while back. other than that i think they are not big fans of stromgarde

the only time i can think of alterac siding with the orcs, is when they allowed them to move through their kingdom to attack lordaeron in exchange for not being crushed
I love Alterac, but I doubt we'll ever see it or it's non-Syndicate people ever again.

The Syndicate fought against Stromgarde and contributed to it's fall, and there was a quest in Vanilla (I think) that implied they were unwittingly working with the Burning Legion, but that's it.

And yes, Perenolde secretly allied with the Horde during the Second War because he was afraid the Alliance was going to lose. I don't think they had any further interaction post-Second War. And the Syndicate is hostile to everyone.
I always assumed many of them were dug up and made into Forsaken.

Hell, Aiden Perenholde would make for an interesting plotline.
Literally the entire Kingdom joined a gang.

Which is just so... soul-crushingly boring. Imagine if Alterac were left as an actual Kingdom, but an openly hostile one. Something like the human version of the Blackrock mountain horde.
Forsaken should've raised what was left of Alterac long ago.
10/22/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Tilgath
And yes, Perenolde secretly allied with the Horde during the Second War because he was afraid the Alliance was going to lose. I don't think they had any further interaction post-Second War. And the Syndicate is hostile to everyone

Perenolde gave the Horde of Draenor the Book of Medivh in return for the Horde destroying the armies of Lordaeron and Stromgarde stationed in Alterac lands.

10/22/2018 02:00 PMPosted by Skytotem
Forsaken should've raised what was left of Alterac long ago.

Well, apparently the Horde have taken control of Alterac City and are turning it into their regional capital after they loss Undercity.

Only on the war table though, not reflected in game.
10/22/2018 02:12 PMPosted by Ximothy
regional capital after they loss Undercity.

Only on the war table though, not reflected in game.

I hope that gets reflected in game, that's too cool to pass up.
We know Aiden, presumably, died in prison. His son, Aliden, was leader of the syndicate and he’s also presumed dead in-canon.

However, Aiden’s nephew Isiden, was last known to be taking refuge in Gilneas around the time of the Second War. We don’t know if he’s still hiding out in Gilneas somewhere or if he’s even still alive, but until we see his corpse, he is presumed to still be living and is the sole heir to the throne of Alterac. Maybe Genn will know something.....
Perenolde gave the Horde of Draenor the Book of Medivh in return for the Horde destroying the armies of Lordaeron and Stromgarde stationed in Alterac lands.

In my head I consider Beyond the Dark Portal to be part of the Second War, so I probably should've been more clear. After that though, especially by the time of Day of the Dragon, I don't think Alterac had any further contact with the Horde.

I remember back during WoD I had hoped that the non-corrupted Shadowmoon orcs would join the Alliance, and in return some surviving Alteraci humans could join the Horde. I thought it could've been an interesting switch up.
Alterac humans for the Horde kinda "lived and died" by the High Elves. If Blizzard had given the High Elves to the Alliance, it would have removed any rationale that the Horde shouldn't be able to get Alliance races, like Alterac humans. Conversely, Blizzard rejecting the High Elves pretty much guarantees no Alterac Horde.
10/22/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Tilgath
In my head I consider Beyond the Dark Portal to be part of the Second War, so I probably should've been more clear

Ah I see. Generally, they are treated as two seperate wars.

Two years inbetween the First and Second Wars, then two years inbetween the Second War and the Invasion of Draenor, if I recall right.

Never got why the First and Second wars are treated as seperate, though, since the Horde never stopped fighting. After Stormwind fell the Horde went on to conquer Khaz Modan and fought the Gurubashi. Really the entire thing should be one, long war.
In my head I consider Beyond the Dark Portal to be part of the Second War, so I probably should've been more clear

Two years inbetween the First and Second Wars, then two years inbetween the Second War and the Invasion of Draenor, if I recall right.

Never got why the First and Second wars are treated as seperate, though, since the Horde never stopped fighting. After Stormwind fell the Horde went on to conquer Khaz Modan and fought the Gurubashi. Really the entire thing should be one, long war.

I remember back during WoD I had hoped that the non-corrupted Shadowmoon orcs would join the Alliance, and in return some surviving Alteraci humans could join the Horde. I thought it could've been an interesting switch up

Well, that can't really happen now. Shadowmoon joining the Mag'har, and thus the Horde, and all.

Wonder what happened to Rulkan.

10/22/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Tannaril
Alterac humans for the Horde kinda "lived and died" by the High Elves. If Blizzard had given the High Elves to the Alliance, it would have removed any rationale that the Horde shouldn't be able to get Alliance races, like Alterac humans. Conversely, Blizzard rejecting the High Elves pretty much guarantees no Alterac Horde

I don't like the idea of Horde humans, or Alliance orcs.

These are the two key members of each faction, the identity is built around them. Just feels wrong to allow them on the other faction.

I honestly hope we never find out. Going by the Mag'har intro, she was probably killed horribly by the Lightbound for refusing to join them.
she is still in my garrison all these years

It would be intriguing to see Horde and Alliance historians arguing at some neutral site sometime.

It's like trying to place the fall of the roman empire.
10/22/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Grandblade
I always assumed many of them were dug up and made into Forsaken.

Hell, Aiden Perenholde would make for an interesting plotline.

I imagine the processing at Deathknell went like this.

Corpse wagon rolls into Deathknell.

Caretaker: Wow that's a lot of bodies, big battle?
Corpse driver: Huh? No, we found this whole graveyard in the middle of the mountains, barely anyone touched it, was weird.
Caretaker: ...Which mountains?
Corpse driver: ...The Alterac?
Caretaker: ...BURN IT! BURN ALL OF IT, BURN THEM BEFORE THEY LAY EGGS!
Corpse driver: ....Wha...?
Caretaker: WAS ONE GODFREY NOT ENOUGH? WHY WOULD WE WANT A NATION OF THEM? TORCH IT!