Revert To MoP

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
10/23/2018 06:42 AMPosted by Starsite
Mists of Pandaria was the epitome of WoW class design in a lot of ways and the people know it. The people want this.

Some may not agree here. MoP was also fun because a lot of classes felt overpowered. It was probably the only time that I had so much diversity in what I played. I don't think anyone wanted tanks to be gutted so much this expansion. Perhaps a small group of healers except now those healers all want blood dk because the retained the most self sustain besides utility. Go figure.

I missed my disc priest back then. I missed fist weaving on my monk it was literally a blast. It gave MW a reason to help dps. I missed how my brewmaster played. I missed how my lock played. Were they overpowered? Sure but that is what also makes the game fun. Maybe there is a middle ground but I think there are to many posts about how boring classes have become. Between the dull gameplay, new extreme levels of rng, azerite, islands, warfronts a lot of people have been completely turned off by this expansion.

Personally I rather have glyphs come back like before. Azerite is just RNG glyphs at the current time (pre m+ vendor) and give more meaning to the neck which is the center of this expansion. I need nearly 40k azerite to unlock my next level currently and that gives me.. two item level and unlocks no traits on gear. Ya I'll just logout for the next month I think so I can do it in a fraction of the time then. That is how the game feels right now. Pointless.
Signed.
10/23/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Ffsjake
Balance Druid was amazing to play in MoP and hasn’t been as good since.

I’m convinced people who post about the eclips bar are blizzard empoyees in disguise.

Haha I’m no Blizzard employee. Like I said, we all have differing opinions on what we like. My post above was not meant to say your liking of the eclipse bar is wrong.

They can’t possibly think that astral power generator spender is better than MoP boomy.

Well they must have or there would still be an eclipse bar in game.

When I tried boomy in WoD and in Legion it’s like what’s even the point to applying dots anymore? They do nothing but a little bit of damage.

I think that’s kind of a global problem in that fillers feel unrewarding to cast. I tend to gravitate my play to specs that have a lot of ability interaction. At least that way the fillers have more meaning.

10/23/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Faraya
I see where you're coming from but in my experience, the overall class design for every spec during MoP was way better than what we have now.

In general I agree. I just don’t think it’s the case for every spec. I don’t hold it against anyone who feels differently. Everyone likes different things in the game. For me I wasn’t a fan of Balance druids, any priest spec, and a couple others. I loved my DK and my warlock (who didn’t like MoP locks) and liked shaman design a lot more too.

The feedback we've been giving for class design has largely gone ignored since Legion. I'd prefer MoP class design over what we have now because I've completely lost interest in Legion and BfA cause of the direction they've been going with class design.

RevertToMoP forever.

Well I can definitely see a disinterest in BfA. I see a skeleton population online most of the time. I certainly wish the dev team would be more accepting of player ideas. I see so many posted and think that that idea would be cool like my recent interest in the rework of Shadow priest insanity to a heat mechanic where capping insanity is bad). Anyways I’m already riding the edge of staying or canceling. 8.1 will probably tip me to one side or the other.
WOTLK instead please, but yes revert.
Signed
signed, get us out of this !@#$ hole
10/23/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Ffsjake
10/23/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Sybille
MoP wasn’t the end all be all for every spec for every person. For example I hated the eclipse bar mechanic for Balance Druid. In general a lot of specs had better design, but it’s not universal.

Balance Druid was amazing to play in MoP and hasn’t been as good since.

I’m convinced people who post about the eclips bar are blizzard empoyees in disguise.

They can’t possibly think that astral power generator spender is better than MoP boomy.

When I tried boomy in WoD and in Legion it’s like what’s even the point to applying dots anymore? They do nothing but a little bit of damage.

That feeling in MoP when you would dot up their whole rbg then root solar beam a healer with ursol vortex and machine gun instant cast star surges at people was so fun and boomy hasn’t been nearly as fun since.

Anybody who says otherwise is A an employee trying to cover up their tracks or B a robot. Lmfao

i'm more partial to wotlk boomkin. what i miss most though is 40 yd radius starfall everything
YES YES YES PLEASE I MISS MY SECOND WIND!!
I want my spells and abilities back ..
Yes please
As someone who has played every class since Wrath, yes, MoP had, by far, the best design, other than talent trees, which were better in wrath.

Back then, classes were still classes, not specs.
I miss having access to a ton of the, currently, spec-locked skills, talents, and PvP talents that used to be baseline, not to mention the removed spells.

It hurts particularly hard on my mage, which was my main from BC to WoD. Losing class-wide spells (Arcane Explosion, Scorch, Flamestrike, Blizzard, Fireball - with the DoT!) was a huge bummer, and one of the main reasons I dropped the mage for a DH main (the other being the ability to solo things MUCH easier, since mage is the worst class to solo with due to being physically weak and lacking self heals).

Not to mention the removed spells and their old effects (Deep Freeze - with the HUGE damage burst on stun immune targets, Frostfire Bolt, Flame Orb). I still get sad when thinking about the lost potential of a Frostfire spec using a Temperature mechanic - getting targets hot with fire spells, then "thermal shocking" them with frost spells.
It's quite funny that MoP is regarded as the pinnacle of class design; yet, it was probably when the classes were the homogenized, every class had a stun, silence, interupt, ect.

It goes to show you that specs don't need to have these niches or be so 'class fantasy' driven like the current team wants, when all we want is the class to be fun, even if it means the specs play similar, but with just a different flavor
Agree

Signed
10/23/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Alanta
It's quite funny that MoP is regarded as the pinnacle of class design; yet, it was probably when the classes were the homogenized, every class had a stun, silence, interupt, ect.

It goes to show you that specs don't need to have these niches or be so 'class fantasy' driven like the current team wants, when all we want is the class to be fun, even if it means the specs play similar, but with just a different flavor

Classes weren't unique in toolset per say, but they were unique in application. This meant that every class provided gameplay that felt unique and fun.

Pruning only worsened homogenization. Action bars can be set up like a template from class to class.

Builder on 1

Spender on 2

Proc button on 3

DoT on 4 (If you're a "dot class" you might even have 2 dots)

AoE / Cleave button on 5

Defensive on G

Cooldown F

Heal ability on X if you're feeling spicy...

Ect.

Classes still have many of the same tools. This remains true even as they try to force uniqueness by artificially restricting certain tools from certain classes (Like the ability to deal with movement in any capacity).

It's a null argument. Homogenization has always existed. We pruned to try to get rid of it, but that proved to be an unsustainable goal. This, however, did not disuade the devs from trying, and now we have most of our previous toolkit either removed or sitting in talent trees.
Signed with blood.
The reason for the prune was becasuse it would be easy to balance with less spells/abilities, just changin numbers in the template would fix it.
Yet we can see the typical class op (for decades), and the other ones in the bottom.
AGREED PLEASE!! i would pay US$30 each month if you revert all to MoP

Why change what it used to work!! what it was fun!!
Can we revert Ret to WoD? That was the best iteration of Ret I have ever played
The current dev teams vision is flawed.

You wont change this game until you change out the current dev team. Until then its shoveling out their vision each xpac and slowly walking back as little as possible so they do not have to admit failure.

Better to just move on and hope someone at Blizz wises up and cleans house.
Signed.
10/23/2018 07:39 AMPosted by Omnipotentjc
Slap 5 to 10 new abilities in each spellbook even if they aren’t useful in every situation, bringing in fun abilities make the game better and doing nothing but taking stuff away makes it terrible.

Make Enh great again. Give Spirit Walker to melee again.