Block Add Ons for Classic WoW!

Classic Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I propose that all add ons be blocked when Classic WoW is played.

While there were add ons back then, they were not really part of gameplay for most players. Certainly not to the extent it is today.

I therefore do hereby propose that all add ons to WoW be blocked in the classic version of gameplay.

Thank you for your consideration.

Best Regards,
Rastlin
Seconded
No
Then don't use them.
There's a toggle to disable all your addons. No reason you can't use it.
10/24/2018 08:57 AMPosted by Osirus
Then don't use them.

Classic wow should be set exactly as it was back then.

And add ons were not much of a thing back then. Certainly not like today.
10/24/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Rastlin
Then don't use them.

Then don't use them.
"They weren't much of a thing" =/= "They didn't exist at all"

I used addons in vanilla. They most certainly were a thing and they were extremely prominent by 2006.
Just because you didn't find them useful or prominent doesn't mean people didn't use them.

Many add-ons existed back then which are still in use today.

If you don't want addons, don't use them. Don't stop the rest of us from using stuff that was absolutely a part of the classic experience.
Then don't use them.

rofl, get out of here dude. you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. i'm guessing you were 12 years old back during retail vanilla and didn't even know about addons.
Then don't use them.

There were addons in vanilla buddy. This is another uninformed thread. OP has no clue what he’s talking about. I used a ton of addons back in vanilla.
Yeah, you know those non-existent addons: decursive, luna, atlas, ktm (edit because autocorrect made it ‘let’s’) bigwigs, questie,etc.
Then don't use them.

As someone who wrote a lot of them during vanilla and raided I can say that Curse.com came about *because* of the add-ons that you're saying didn't exist in vanilla and I can also say that in my raiding guild I was one of the people who ran light with 4 add-ons and there were people who ran with 10+ add-ons.
Addons were what set WoW apart from other games. They were a part of vanilla. Get used to them.
Most raid guilds had addon REQUIREMENTS. My guild certainly did.

Pretty much everyone I knew in Vanilla used addons.

Let’s not forget, raid alerts, one bag, custom action bars, unit frames, etc... some of the most commonly used.

Blocking addons basically is not Classic/Vanilla, particularly for raiders....
10/24/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Nefarious
Most raid guilds had addon REQUIREMENTS. My guild certainly did.

Pretty much everyone I knew in Vanilla used addons.

Let’s not forget, raid alerts, one bag, custom action bars, unit frames, etc... some of the most commonly used.

Blocking addons basically is not Classic/Vanilla, particularly for raiders....

I always thought if certain addons were deemed necessary then their functionality should be added to the base UI
with out addons there will be no raids you never played wow vanilla if your saying you don't want addons

and yes there where addons for wow vanilla
cowkiller was my main vanilla wow and yes i have full tier 1 pally gear took just 1.4 years of raiding MC with 40 people buffinga 5 min buff non group 1250 times in 1 4 hr mc raid yes you need addons
How about no.
As I recall Blizzard was against add-ons in Vanilla. After every patch the add-ons would be broken and the add-on makers would have to release new versions. They didnt want players "cheating" the content with boss ability timers. At some point I think they updated their interface to include some of the more popular add-ons in Vanilla to discourage users from using the add-ons. Am I remembering this incorrectly?