Any Hpals for 2.1k 3s Destro/FireM/Hpal?

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 14 Next
Brian King Joseph! He doesn't do any covers of gaming songs that I've seen but WOW, the talent is mind blowing. His smile is really infectious too, you can tell he absolutely lives for playing music. His passion for it shows immensely. If you like her, you should give him a watch. :)
10/25/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Countchocula
I'm fairly certain that when people were asking about EDM they were not thinking "oh a really good electric violinist who dances horribly!" But I guess that is how things are interpreted at Blizz lol

I was talking about Kristian Nairn.
I've generally been a fan of the acts Blizzard's gotten for Blizzcon concerts outside of that one band that called Alliance players a bunch of homophobic slurs. That was a low point for Blizzcon.

Lindsey Stirling is as much a visual performance artist as she is a violinist. Not something I go out of my way to just listen to, but she's amazing to watch perform. Just being able to play the violin while dancing around without it sounding like two cats fighting each other is an impressive feat.

Kristian Nairn is also a pretty solid DJ.

lmao @ Train though. A band so milquetoast they make Maroon 5 and Nickelback look like Death Metal bands by comparison.
10/25/2018 02:28 PMPosted by Ythisens
10/25/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Countchocula
I'm fairly certain that when people were asking about EDM they were not thinking "oh a really good electric violinist who dances horribly!" But I guess that is how things are interpreted at Blizz lol

I was talking about Kristian Nairn.

I loved getting him as a follower back in WoD. He was probably the first one I recruited from the inn and obviously I recognized the name.

I believe he's a big fan of WoW and has been at Blizzcons in the past.

2005 - The Offspring
2013 - Blink 182
2014 - Metallica
2015 - Linkin Park

How did Blizzard manage to get some many amazing bands to play in the past and this year they settled for Lindsay Stirling? #oof

Seeing a lot of "not amazing, but a joke" on that list. Train is in line with the mediocre history.
People are defending a literal Youtube celebrity and comparing her favorably to Ozzy Osbourne.

What has happened to the world?
10/25/2018 02:28 PMPosted by Hawkseye
Brian King Joseph! He doesn't do any covers of gaming songs that I've seen but WOW, the talent is mind blowing. His smile is really infectious too, you can tell he absolutely lives for playing music. His passion for it shows immensely. If you like her, you should give him a watch. :)

I was way ahead of you back a page or two lol. I also agree. Forgot his name though.

10/25/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Blitzkareeg
10/25/2018 06:54 AMPosted by Demonpowers
Lindsey Stirling is great. You shut your mouth.
I just wish they paired her with Pentatonix.

Train is such a curve ball tho, and I have no idea what Hodor sounds like as a DJ. Guess I'll have to look into it.

Her and that kid from Americas got Talent that was a finalist this year would be epic. Why the hate for such a good artist? Im a 52yr old 80's to present metal head, and i think she is very good, and cant wait to see her performance after its FREE, after Blizzcon.
What bothers me is that all 3 guests are on different stages staggered about 15 minutes apart from each other on different stages. WTF??? Why wouldnt u have them all on one stage to perform and show to other stages via video?? That way we could see all of the performances. Another poorly planned event. All of there panels are staggered and spread out so bad we might get to see one or two total for the day because they all over the damn place.
10/25/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Alvidius
People are defending a literal Youtube celebrity and comparing her favorably to Ozzy Osbourne.

I'm not a fan of his music at all, but Justin Bieber started out on Youtube and became one of the biggest pop acts in history.

The lines between "Youtube celebrity" and "real celebrity" are very blurred the past few years.
10/25/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Iskandi
You know there is so much beautiful music in the world that you should experience. Its a shame people lock themselves into a certain genre. Music is the soundtrack to life and should always be celebrated.

This, just this. <3
10/25/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Vaeronia
10/25/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Alvidius

I'm not a fan of his music at all, but Justin Bieber started out on Youtube and became one of the biggest pop acts in history.

The lines between "Youtube celebrity" and "real celebrity" are very blurred the past few years.

Like I said in an earlier post I bought her CD from a record store back in 2013 or so, which was the first time I'd seen a musician that I knew from YouTube making that jump to a professional recording artist with a distribution deal.

She hasn't been strictly a YouTube celebrity since then.
You're just flat-out wrong if you think Lindsey Stirling somehow don't have the cred to make her a big draw, especially for an Internet-attuned crowd like Blizzcon where she's guaranteed to have a big fan following. She is awesome.
10/25/2018 07:15 AMPosted by Flashòck
Just pulling a few from YouTube subscribers. Obviously this is not a great way to judge but Lindsey has done well for herself. I'm not a fan and wouldn't be interested in her set at blizzcon but she is popular.

Lindsey - 11mil
Linkin Park - 12mil
Offspring - 700k
Foofighters - 2 mil
Blink 182 - 1.6m
The muse - 2 mil

I actually have nothing against Lindsey Sterling but everyone does understand how stupid this comparison is right? These bands all became popular before YouTube even existed, with none or very little aid by the internet at all... Yeah she's done well for herself but acting like Offspring for example only has 700k fans is nonsense lol

Smash (offspring) sold 11 million copies alone. Enema of the state (blink) 15 mil. And every single one of those digits adding up to all those millions actually cost a decent amount of money, not at all equivalent to millions of FREE YouTube subs. So yeah, Lindseys great and all but this attempt at proving it can just go right in the trash
I saw sterling at one of the video games live that happened in my city before she got really big and I almost cried, she's really good and maybe not as big or well know as the other years but I think it will still be a really good show.
Lindsey Stirling is excellent.

Maybe she isn't your cup of tea but that doesn't make her a bad choice.

I'd love to see her.
I'm not going until they get Maria Callas to perform.

(puts out a lovely tray of cookies for all to enjoy)
10/25/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Frühauf
10/25/2018 07:15 AMPosted by Flashòck
Just pulling a few from YouTube subscribers. Obviously this is not a great way to judge but Lindsey has done well for herself. I'm not a fan and wouldn't be interested in her set at blizzcon but she is popular.

Lindsey - 11mil
Linkin Park - 12mil
Offspring - 700k
Foofighters - 2 mil
Blink 182 - 1.6m
The muse - 2 mil

I actually have nothing against Lindsey Sterling but everyone does understand how stupid this comparison is right? These bands all became popular before YouTube even existed, with none or very little aid by the internet at all... Yeah she's done well for herself but acting like Offspring for example only has 700k fans is nonsense lol

Smash (offspring) sold 11 million copies alone. Enema of the state (blink) 15 mil. And every single one of those digits adding up to all those millions actually cost a decent amount of money, not at all equivalent to millions of FREE YouTube subs. So yeah, Lindseys great and all but this attempt at proving it can just go right in the trash

It's a pointless argument anyway, because she's not a traditional recording artist to begin with. She's fine as a guest, I'm just laughing at the nonsense over it all.
Alestorm would have been better.

*micdrop*
10/25/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Grumbles
I'm not going until they get Maria Callas to perform.

(puts out a lovely tray of cookies for all to enjoy)

That would be...impressive. And creepy.
Look not a huge fan of Train so I think the main act is garbage, but there will be people that want to see them and that is cool. I am looking forward to going to see Lindsey Sterling.

Also I love how people keep calling "Muse" "The Muse" haha. I'm not sure if people are playing off an old youtube clip of James Hetfield calling them that or not. Still funny either way.