Utilizing Iron Horde Assets

Story Forum
All I'm asking for is frickin gronn with frickin cannons on their frickin backs
I'm all for it.

For one, the Iron Horde motif is metal as hell (pun intended). So go ahead and build that train with 5000 extra blades and spikes in its design and run it from Orgrimmar to the Crossroads. Update old palisade-and-hut outposts to an Iron Horde look.

For another, I feel reasonably sure that a lot of potential Alliance tech toys are held back because the Horde doesn't have anything comparable (e.g. the Vindicaar or most of the Lightforged and Draenei tech.) Let's have cannon-wielding gronn face off against warframes.
10/26/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Eldrethana
Does that mean we can use the Vindicaar to annihilate horde strongholds yet?

Or at least to blow holes in doors! Take that, doors!
I like the Mag'har using Iron Horde tech, but it needs slight modifications to look more thematically "Horde."

Like having more dark red hues, instead of greys/browns. And of course flying our banner or incorporating our symbol.
I like it. Makes them thematically different from Original flavour orcs. Also adds a new technological layer to the Horde other than mainstream goblin tech. Hopefully they continue to make them thematically distinct
10/26/2018 06:13 PMPosted by Grandblade
Both their technical and biomechanical assets excite me. Utilizing goren to combat Dark Irons is very creative.
Weaponizing goren is ingenious, especially when you take into account the Alliance's penchant for building immense stone strongholds.

Imagine launching Iron Stars filled with goren over castle ramparts. Watch as they spread and burrow into the walls and very foundations, collapsing barricades and creating vulnerable openings.

All of the Breakers would make excellent siege weaponry. Ogron with massive sledgehammers at the gates. Gronn with back-mounted cannons bombarding the defenses.

Unleash the children of Grond!
10/26/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Grandblade
10/26/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Kharinak
...Blizzard literally stated in an interview that they didn't use the Vindicaar because it didn't fit the story they wanted to write.
Which is infuriating... why give us a spaceship if you're not gonna let us play with the damn thing? :-(

I mean to be honest Grandblade, you run into the Blight conundrum at some point. I l know y'all feel like Blight shows up too often, cause it's everywhere, but frankly my brain just goes why not use it more?

At this point there's several facets to blight. Satchel like, uncontainable, explosives that can be attached anywhere and there's basically no safe way to disarm. There's the throwing and spewing kind which immediately liquefies whatever it comes into on the spot, weaker variations with lower lethality but also are easier to cleanup, and it can even be used to tip your weapons. Because not only can it get in by air, but it'll erode you from the inside out via your wounds and skin contact.

Oh also it's at least partially shadow magic, so you now have the physical embodiment of entropy in your lungs and wounds.

This !@#$ is so utterly lethal that it's byproducts cause rapid cellular degeneration into a mindless husk filled with nothing but a seething hatred for all life and it's mass producible.

Why not just dump that %^-* EVERYWHERE and wait a hundred years for the cooldown to kick in?
I'm also a huge fan of this concept. The horde gets some technological buff while still keeping that more rugged rough feel. Yeah goblin tech exists but that's more of a niche, at least as far as blizzard is treating it. But I also just love the idea of using the Goren as a counter to the stronger Alliance fortresses/strongholds and mechanicals (Golems)

Not only does this allow the Horde to get some beefier weapons and structures but it also would allow the Alliance to use some of their stronger weapons (Looking at lightforged tech). Blizzard is insistent on keeping the feeling of faction balance, if Horde can't use A, Alliance can't use B. Horde gets to use A, Alliance get's to use B. Both sides get to use cool stuff against the other side's cool stuff. Win win.
Given that we had to be beaten silly with the villain bat and having to have the Orc lore retconed. I think it great that we finally get a payoff for it.

I always love the Goren and now botani found thier way here. The breakers and the primals were one unique aspect to Dreanor that I love to see played out more.
10/26/2018 11:06 PMPosted by Darethy
l know y'all feel like Blight shows up too often, cause it's everywhere, but frankly my brain just goes why not use it more?
I'd like for the usage of blight to be toned down so that we can see other Forsaken tactics. There should be several creative ambush settings possible that make use of their state of undeath.

For instance, I'd love to have an Alliance platoon marching through the brutal remains of a battlefield, only to suddenly find themselves surrounded by the Forsaken company that was hiding among all the corpses.

I want Alliance soldiers to fear marching in Lordaeron. I want them to avoid bodies of water, having seen Forsaken troops waiting to drown men in the murky depths since they do not draw breath. I want them to avoid paths with shallow graves or hanged men, having experienced Forsaken abruptly bursting from the ground and dropping down from nooses. I want their sentries on edge, the camp unable to sleep knowing that the Forsaken do not require rest and could attack at any hour.

That kind of stuff.
10/26/2018 11:49 PMPosted by Rordren
10/26/2018 11:06 PMPosted by Darethy
l know y'all feel like Blight shows up too often, cause it's everywhere, but frankly my brain just goes why not use it more?
I'd like for the usage of blight to be toned down so that we can see other Forsaken tactics. There should be several creative ambush settings possible that make use of their state of undeath.

For instance, I'd love to have an Alliance platoon marching through the brutal remains of a battlefield, only to suddenly find themselves surrounded by the Forsaken company that was hiding among all the corpses.

I want Alliance soldiers to fear marching in Lordaeron. I want them to avoid bodies of water, having seen Forsaken troops waiting to drown men in the murky depths since they do not draw breath. I want them to avoid paths with shallow graves or hanged men, having experienced Forsaken abruptly bursting from the ground and dropping down from nooses. I want their sentries on edge, the camp unable to sleep knowing that the Forsaken do not require rest and could attack at any hour.

That kind of stuff.

I don't disagree with you in the slightest. In fact that scenario with the corpses is a tactic brought up as favored by the Dreadguard in the RPG, and hiding in water was a thing in Wrath.

Blight definitely limits creativity as an 'I win' button.
I want to see Lightforged Warframes, Dark Iron Golems, and Kalimdor Ancients going toe-to-toe with armored Ogron, Zandalari Guardians, and Wargronn.

I want dire troll linebreakers clashing with Drust hulks.

I want loa-empowered dinosaurs weathering dwarven cannon fire and squaring off with gnomish warmechs.

I'm so sick of the way this faction war has been portrayed, but if they're going to have it, GIVE US these Cool Vs Awesome moments.
10/26/2018 06:16 PMPosted by Yersynia
The character limit cannot contain the extent to which I would repeat ‘Yes’. More please. All of it please. Everywhere, please. Trains. Battleships. Cannons. Iron Stars. Goren.

Bring all those sexy Iron Horde assets to Kalimdor and turn Durotar into Gorgrond. Run a train to Thunder Bluff and Tanaris (using crossroads as the crossroads!)

Yes. Yes. Yes

This would be amazing!
I’m surprised we didn’t begin mass producing Blackfuse tech the second we took care of Garrosh.
Just because it was ultilized by a @#!@%*#* doesn’t mean we can’t use it.
Zandi ships are big, but kinda useless. The Horde needs to start producing the Iron Horde aircraft carriers. We have the technology!
10/29/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Hahahahahaha
Zandi ships are big, but kinda useless. The Horde needs to start producing the Iron Horde aircraft carriers. We have the technology!

On that note, I'd like to actually see what the zandalari ships are supposed to be capable of. I mean, we've seen that they can do a ballista-mortar barrage kinda thing, but we never get to see them in pitched naval combat. No boarding actions, no firing lines, no ramming.
It's neat.

But we'll run into the situation with "How does the Alliance even exist, really?", when the Horde has dark steam-punk heavy weaponry, high end elven magic, freakin' dinosaurs with lasers, and generally bigger, stronger, and more resilient?

"We have a spaceship Blizz won't use" is kinda a hilariously pathetic defense.
10/29/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Zamari
It's neat.

But we'll run into the situation with "How does the Alliance even exist, really?", when the Horde has dark steam-punk heavy weaponry, high end elven magic, freakin' dinosaurs with lasers, and generally bigger, stronger, and more resilient?

Yes, because the marrying of Void Elf shadowmagic with Dark Iron metalwork and Night Elven Druidism can’t give us EVAs, nope wouldn’t work at all :P
It's neat.

The same way the Horde has existed as long as it has despite the Alliance's numerous technological and magical advantages.

"We have Iron Horde war machines Blizz won't use"
10/29/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Saiphas
It's neat.

Yes, because the marrying of Void Elf shadowmagic with Dark Iron metalwork and Night Elven Druidism can’t give us EVAs, nope wouldn’t work at all :P

Get back to me when that's actually a thing. XD

Look, my point is this. You get too much unstoppable mega weapon, you run into the airship problem. It is a two faction game, so you're not going to flatten them, obviously. So they WILL stop your mega toy. And it will be increasingly ridiculous, the greater the disparity.

I don't want my laser-dinos blown up by gnomes with slingshots with special anti-dino ammo.

...now a battle of Hoth bit with mechano striders would be acceptable... but you get the idea.