Just did Warfront on alt...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
10/26/2018 10:59 PMPosted by Randalfrag
Waaaah someone that I don't know and don't play with got an item of gear that helps them enjoy the game while not effecting me at all.

Dude, it's fine. Just afk in a Warfront and you'll get there. Ezpz.
10/26/2018 11:02 PMPosted by Yzzami
You're level 56, not 120. PHONY!

Dude don' tell anyone!

It really did happen though lol. I didn't think you could get weapons from the Warfront quest...
Not sure why people are doubting this guy. I've gotten those 370 weapons as well.

10/26/2018 10:33 PMPosted by Divium
10/26/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Blastlaugh
No different than Timeless Isle or any other expacs catch up gear mechanic...

Timeless isle took effort and gave rewards appropriate to the challenge. The raid bosses in the center required you to form a raid to kill them. Warfronts currently are a mockery of what could have been good content for guilds.

Challenge? Lol. Are we really trying this hard now with the "back in the day I earned muh gear" thing? I loved Timeless Isle but it no more of a challenge than any world boss or anything else zerged down as a group. ( Like um, oh I don't know....the end boss of the warfront.)
Oh wow you’re going to down mythic G’huun in no time! And clear mythic 20s in time! They really need to stop the titanforging and free gear. It’s letting people down the hard content way too easily!
I mean forget about killing H Ghuun for an ideal stat'd weapon, Warfront just got me covered lol!
10/26/2018 11:13 PMPosted by Pillów
Oh wow you’re going to down mythic G’huun in no time! And clear mythic 20s in time! They really need to stop the titanforging and free gear. It’s letting people down the hard content way too easily!

Where do I get this "free gear"?
10/26/2018 10:15 PMPosted by Dubknight
Turned in the quest and got a 370 weapon for my 320 ilvl fresh 120 alt.

Lolololololol so broken! Unreal.

i believe it, i've gotten a warforged 375 2-handed axe from that weekly quest
10/26/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Kaxsh
10/26/2018 10:15 PMPosted by Dubknight
Turned in the quest and got a 370 weapon for my 320 ilvl fresh 120 alt.

Lolololololol so broken! Unreal.

See! Didn't even have to gear up for heroic or get into a group!

I was telling the truth lol. I'm blown away a heroic weapon was just handed to me for riding around exploring in a Warfront lol
10/26/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Dubknight
10/26/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Kaxsh

I was telling the truth lol. I'm blown away a heroic weapon was just handed to me for riding around exploring in a Warfront lol

Did you never get a free Legion legendary for doing something similarly as casual though?
I replaced it with some 355 shoulders because the 370 shoulder traits were total balls
10/26/2018 11:23 PMPosted by Esardrel
10/26/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Dubknight

Did you never get a free Legion legendary for doing something similarly as casual though?

Like, for not even dismounting? No lol.
Feels like they over shot the rewards from some activities.

A number of things, like Warfronts, Doomhowl, and the run 4 M dungeons weekly, give rewards slightly ahead of what they should probably be offering.
Fair enough. Guess it's a new record for an easy piece of gear OP. Emissaries and world boss would be runners up perhaps. Have had some alts get wq gear for simply landing in the area at the right time.
Welcome to the game since like... BC?
10/26/2018 10:31 PMPosted by Esardrel
More 370 gears quests in 8.1 too. Pretty much every xpac had the get your alt raiding ready catchup gears.
think the worst I would do for catchup to next raid ilvl would be bump up heroic dungeon loot but they had to run them again.What we got now is diablo drop loot all over.
10/26/2018 11:33 PMPosted by Xukon

Yes, I too remember being handed high-raid quality gear for mounting and running around in BC.
10/26/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Hypheria
10/26/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Blastlaugh
No different than Timeless Isle or any other expacs catchup gear mechanic...

Don't most players have around 360-370 ilvl right now?

In Timeless Ise the gear was definately below current content. I think that's the main complaint. That warfronts essentially award you with gear that trivializes raid gear and pvp gear and more importantly....allows everyone to have the same ilvl.

Which is boring. You can't feel powerful playing an mmorpg if everyone is powerful.

This bullsh1t Communist "equality of outcome" garbage is sucking the joy out of this game. Let people grind for their stuff.

I don't even ...
10/26/2018 11:44 PMPosted by Dubknight
10/26/2018 11:33 PMPosted by Xukon

Yes, I too remember being handed high-raid quality gear for mounting and running around in BC.

Ah you got welfare pvp gear that was better than raid gear.
How is it broken if that's how it's supposed to work? Like your first 370 isn't even RNG you're guaranteed it just for doing the quest. This has been KNOWN since Warfronts were released. Why are you trollolololing?
But you actually did something. You did content. Unlike before, where you got a mission table mission, clicked a button and waited half a day(or more), got a quest to kill a raid boss, killed raid boss on LFR, turned in quest.

I'd say Warfronts are a step in the right direction.