Add Windows 98, and ME support. #NoChanges

Classic Discussion
Hello, as a prominent member of the #NoChanges movement, I believe that legacy hardware should also be supported. There's probably 100+ using these operating systems, who wish to play WoW.
0/10
10/27/2018 01:08 AMPosted by Khalamete
0/10

I'm completely serious.

Many of the early 2000 MMO's still support 98.

Anarchy Online, and worlds.com (which can currently support 95), are two examples. Both of these games are still alive today. There's no reason as to why Classic couldn't.
vista4lyfe!

edit - sorry, cant keep... straight face
Hello, as a prominent member of the Forum Trolling movement, I believe that you should take me seriously and should also be supporting me by your replies. There's probably 100+ reading these forums, who I wish to bait.

Fixed.
my computer still runs windows 7 because its the best.
oh memories, when a 98lite windows install booted up fast on a mechanical drive and only consumed around 100mb of disk space, how far and bloated we having come where the windows folder alone is 25000mb
changing it to support those versions of windows would be changes and im against changes so no....
The problem is that they are building the classic client on the new client base (Legion/BFA) and just inserting classic components while removing Legion/BFA UI elements. The base doesn’t support 32bit operating systems.

Have you noticed in the screenshots that it’s the newer semi-transparent context menus, not the old tan ones? Yeah... that’s a result of utilizing the new client base software.
100+ people ain't very many people
XP is more arguable, though
it would be preferable that those OSes are supported, but, oh well
10/27/2018 04:22 AMPosted by Vhok
my computer still runs windows 7 because its the best.

Running Windows 7 until Is have absolutely no choice but to upgrade. Just like XP all over again.

Which like likely means in 2-4 years, when the time comes to build another PC.
10/27/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Biophage
changing it to support those versions of windows would be changes and im against changes so no....

Yes they could, WoW supported 98 before BC, and it supported ME for a while. (They only dropped support for it in Cataclysm.)

Keep in mind, it should also support Windows XP, since that's what the majority of the playerbase was using way back when.

Considering many old MMORPG's still support it, and classic could on retail, there is little excuse not to do this.
you mean non 32 bit support? I would agree normally, but this is a company thats still intrested in drawing players. The graphics and support systems operate better on 64 bit.
Sorry.
Well, seeing how the client only supports 64 bit now, seeing Win98 and Me support is not likely.
I honesty didn't see this type of troll coming. I should of thought of it first. 6/10.
10/27/2018 04:30 AMPosted by Elack
oh memories, when a 98lite windows install booted up fast on a mechanical drive and only consumed around 100mb of disk space, how far and bloated we having come where the windows folder alone is 25000mb

How else can the NSA and advertisers bypass our protections? Sheesh it's like you want terrorism.
If you dont support windows 98 you support terrorism. You heard it here first folks!
10/27/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Nelthene
10/27/2018 04:30 AMPosted by Elack

How else can the NSA and advertisers bypass our protections? Sheesh it's like you want terrorism.

I mean, Windows 10 sends data containing a screenshot of your current desktop to Windows, every minute. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgs9g-Q-Zm8

This isn't something that's commonly known, you may be saying this as a joke, but Windows 10 is the least secure, and least private OS windows has released up to this date.
I can see it now. Rocking my win98. I got 99 gold! Just one more gold and I can buy my mount!. ....and there it is....100 golll ....wait...what.?!?! ....0 gold????? I forgot to install the y2k patch!!!