Bm hunter is the new elemental shaman

Shaman
#1 just as easy rotation 4 or 5 buttons.
#2 best on the move caster in the game nothing has a cast time...its so much fun compared to how elemental is.
#3 lust in the form of primal rage with the ferocity pet.
#4 better self heals and utility.
#5 permanent pets instead of an elemental.
#6 far more dps then elemental.

if you want melee you got suv hunter which is as good if not better then enhancement.the only thing i miss that the bm doesnt have is thunderstorm its still fun to knock people off.

if your holding out hope blizzard will fix ele i tell you try bm hunter you may not go back to ele at all.
I have a lvl 102 hunter and every other class as well but the reason I stick through with maining my Shaman is because of the class fantasy.
Am I whipping balls of lava and striking my foes down with lightning?
That’s the real question.
10/28/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Kelgar
#2 best on the move caster in the game nothing has a cast time...its so much fun compared to how elemental is.

Hunter's been that way since vanilla.

if your holding out hope blizzard will fix ele i tell you try bm hunter you may not go back to ele at all.

How does any of your post have anything to do with Ele shaman?
10/28/2018 02:39 PMPosted by Goraxe

Hunter's been that way since vanilla.

How does any of your post have anything to do with Ele shaman?

trying to let people know if they want the same kind of style of game play but be better try a bm hunter,
BM plays nothing like Elemental other than being ranged. Elemental plays more like the less mobile caster classes like Destruction or Shadow maybe. BM is probably the least like elemental of all the range specs.
10/28/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Squidey
BM plays nothing like Elemental other than being ranged. Elemental plays more like the less mobile caster classes like Destruction or Shadow maybe. BM is probably the least like elemental of all the range specs.

Tbh, BM plays exactly like a melee spec but sitting at a distance instead of up close.
10/28/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Kelgar

trying to let people know if they want the same kind of style of game play but be better try a bm hunter,

Not sure how you can identify bm hunter as 'same kind of style of game play but be better'. Ele is nowhere as brain-dead as bm.
10/29/2018 01:50 AMPosted by Diorigg

Not sure how you can identify bm hunter as 'same kind of style of game play but be better'. Ele is nowhere as brain-dead as bm.

Lol at BM being braindead. Have a look at the data:
http://simulationcraft.org/reports/T21_Raid.html
Ele Sham has exact same APM as BM Hunter except Ele Shammie is spending 80% of the time pressing the same 3 buttons on a 5 button rotation. It's FAR more braindead than BM.
BM isnt a caster. It's a ranged melee. It's nothing like ele shaman.

Actually if you took all fights except for Mythic Mother ele shamans from 10th percentile to 75th percentile dps difference is around 3k-6k dps difference.

BM difference from 10th to 75th is around 4kish on average...

Basically they are both brain dead...

The difference between a window licker and a 75th parser is very minor.

Now take a hard spec like feral the difference there tends to be much greater from a 10 parser and a 75 parser.

In ele shamans defense most specs spreads are around 5k.

So the stigma where BM is easiest in the game doesnt quite hold true anymore.

@Nixis

You are the most accurate, BM is really a ranged melee.
I've been having a blast leveling my hunter. You get Bloodlust from your pet, and good old Gust of Wind is back via Disengage!

yes it is flame shock lava burst and lightning bolt or chain lightning same kind of brain dead rotation that is stationary.
Why does the OP keep trolling the shammie forums? Did a shammie touch you on your naughty bits?
10/31/2018 05:13 PMPosted by Boinkerz
Why does the OP keep trolling the shammie forums? Did a shammie touch you on your naughty bits?

OP has a shaman he claimed was his main for years. He doesn't know how to play shaman, so I guess it makes sense he doesn't see how BM plays nothing like ele.
BM plays nothing like ele, as everyone else has said. i have a BM hunter alt too. BM also isn't as brain dead as people make it out to be. it's a middle of the road difficulty spec the way ele is. though they play nothing alike.

if you want brain dead play affliction, even with all the active talents. -.- being able to move that way as a caster takes a lot of the fun, and the skill, away.

though i wouldn't complain if they upped caster mobility all around. level the playing field. that i could get behind.
10/29/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Moonuredps
So the stigma where BM is easiest in the game doesnt quite hold true anymore.

Yes it still does because a) they can do everything on the move and b) their damage is mostly in the form of a pet.

BM has such a safety net for being stupid, the spec will never not be braindead.
10/31/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Akston
10/31/2018 05:13 PMPosted by Boinkerz

OP has a shaman he claimed was his main for years. He doesn't know how to play shaman, so I guess it makes sense he doesn't see how BM plays nothing like ele.

thats right i have a shaman as my main or alt now with ilvl 385 titanforged legs and 395 titanforged gloves front the warfronts and 370 wrists from the world boss along with a 370 chest from the warfront boss.oh my 1hd 350 warforged mace was from the only mythic i did because it was a world quest.

im ilvl 354 with ZERO effort in m+....yay rng.
What.
10/31/2018 08:07 PMPosted by Thanen
10/31/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Akston

thats right i have a shaman as my main or alt now with ilvl 385 titanforged legs and 395 titanforged gloves front the warfronts and 370 wrists from the world boss along with a 370 chest from the warfront boss.oh my 1hd 350 warforged mace was from the only mythic i did because it was a world quest.

im ilvl 354 with ZERO effort in m+....yay rng.

No one is impressed with 354 ilvl, though.