Mythic IO has ruined WoW

General Discussion
1 2 3 12 Next
I remember when I first read about mythic+ I thought it was the coolest feature to come along in a long time. It was the deciding factor why I came back at the time.

Then the toxicity set in.

Last week I kept track of how much miserable, god-awful time I spent in mythic+ dungeons. I only tracked the time from the moment the key was inserted to the moment the group disbanded. I didn't even count the time you spend spamming join requests hoping to get an invite because you started running mythic+'s late this expac and you have a 200 rating and can only get invites to groups that fail 99% of the time.

26 hours. NOT A SINGLE SUCCESSFUL GROUP. Running +4s and +5s.

Not a single successful run. Not a single usable piece of gear. Not even close. Not even a few gold pieces to show for it. Oh gee, he's another smidgeon of azerite... awesome. Oh golly gee, my neck is almost level 30 and another +10 stam.

Been playing this game since vanilla. Already 8/8H and 3/8M in uldir on my main. Know nearly every class in this game inside and out. Now some simpleton is choosing not to pick me because some website is telling them I have a 200 rating, for whatever that means? A website outside the control of Blizzard. REALLY?

To make matters worse, people are running around with weeks old data. The mythic+ addon is so simplistic it can't even keep itself updated. So even if I somehow managed to get my rating up it still wouldn't matter because most people aren't updating their addon every week.

I'm about done. I can honestly say I think I am finally done with this game. I've come and gone many times but somehow this time it feels different. I've never been so categorically disappointed in a content release in my life and then for blizzard to blindly allow tools like this is just mind-boggling. I've never been hanging on my a thread and so fed up with a content push, especially so soon after release, as I am right now with BFA.

All so some kid can put together a cake walk group with people 20 ilvls higher than the gear that drops from the instances.

My days are numbered. If blizz continues to allow tools like this that breed hostility, elitism and unpleasurable, toxic behavior, I'm done for good. I play this for for FUN. Lately is just hasn't been fun.

I had an entire weekend without my wife and had planned on getting my mythic+ rating up. By 11am on Saturday I couldn't tolerate it anymore. 3 absolute fail groups in a row.

The really sad thing is half these groups that fell apart wasn't even because people were dying or not doing mechanics. It was because 2 immature kids got into a pissing match and someone rage quits because they have zero capacity to handle stress or adversity.

/discouraging
Well there's your problem! You're only lvl 90. You have to be 120 to do Mythic+ content!
Oh my god, why do people feel the need to keep making posts about raider io? It's not Blizz's fault that people use it a certain way that you disagree with. Get over yourself and either suck it up or unsub.
10/29/2018 05:47 AMPosted by Nerfmagnet
Well there's your problem! You're only lvl 90. You have to be 120 to do Mythic+ content!

"Already 8/8H and 3/8M in uldir on my main. "

What part of this did you not understand?
10/29/2018 05:48 AMPosted by Rëçiproçity

If you are 8/8 h and 3/8 m, why isn't your guild not helping you to do m+ ?? Why are you relying on pugs ??

Crazy how the mythic raid achievements are accountwide, isn’t it
10/29/2018 05:53 AMPosted by Ferroudin

Actually It's a great feature. Why do you think it's crazy? Why are you whining about that?
10/29/2018 05:48 AMPosted by Nixis
Oh my god, why do people feel the need to keep making posts about raider io? It's not Blizz's fault that people use it a certain way that you disagree with. Get over yourself and either suck it up or unsub.
actually its completely blizzards fault for allowing websites and addons like these to dominate their game.
they created success based off being the most casual MMORPG ever. obviously when you add a massive element of non casual elitism to the mix, its going to be received negatively.

I wouldnt mind things like raider.io so much if JP and VP would make a return for queued content. Im not great at the game. im old and ive accepted that.
previously, I could get into groups and succeed anyway via the groupfinder option.

now with the mythic+, I just dont feel it at all.
I run them once a week, SOMETIMES, to get my chest and thats it because I hate them. like I said, im not great, but im not garbage. I perform at a level appropriate for my gearscore, yet because I am not willing to push keys and boost this imaginary raider/io score, I cant be picky with who I run groups with and I dont get invited to the good groups either, because like the OP said, there are plenty of fish in the sea who run these ten and twenty times a day just to fill their last item slot who dont even need the rest of the gear.

that isnt the casual MMO I signed up to play and thats why im done as well.
10/29/2018 05:55 AMPosted by Rëçiproçity

Actually It's a great feature. Why do you think it's crazy? Why are you whining about that?

“I’m 3/8 mythic, no I don’t have the achievements” - you
LOL, so much drama when the answer is so obvious: make your own groups.

Ummm I have 3 account you simpleton. You serisouly couldn't ponder that possible scenario? Not much in the way of critical thinking skills huh?

my main account is banned from the forums because I flame intolerable, obnoxious narcissists like you who think anyone who has a different opinion than they do is wrong.

Grow up kid. You're not the center of the universe despite what mommy tells you.

Sounds like my thread hit home with you.

Lol

What you're insinuating would be true.. If there wasn't that option under social.
10/29/2018 05:55 AMPosted by Fuze
10/29/2018 05:48 AMPosted by Nixis
actually its completely blizzards fault for allowing websites and addons like these to dominate their game.
they created success based off being the most casual MMORPG ever. obviously when you add a massive element of non casual elitism to the mix, its going to be received negatively.

I wouldnt mind things like raider.io so much if JP and VP would make a return for queued content. Im not great at the game. im old and ive accepted that.
previously, I could get into groups and succeed anyway via the groupfinder option.

now with the mythic+, I just dont feel it at all.
I run them once a week, SOMETIMES, to get my chest and thats it because I hate them. like I said, im not great, but im not garbage. I perform at a level appropriate for my gearscore, yet because I am not willing to push keys and boost this imaginary raider/io score, I cant be picky with who I run groups with and I dont get invited to the good groups either, because like the OP said, there are plenty of fish in the sea who run these ten and twenty times a day just to fill their last item slot who dont even need the rest of the gear.

that isnt the casual MMO I signed up to play and thats why im done as well.

I'm going to assume that you and OP don't understand how raider.io works. It's scores come from the server m+ leaderboards from the WoW site. The only way that Blizz can stop that is to take down the leaderboards.

Let's say they do that. Then, someone will come up with an addon that tracks your keys, doing the same thing. So now let's say Blizz bans that addon.

Now, you will never see pugs for high keys. Ever. I would never pug my +10 keys without raider.io. And people that did, and went off ilvl, would almost never beat the timer once they got to +7 and higher.

If you don't like it, don't try to do high keys.
10/29/2018 06:01 AMPosted by Ferroudin

Ummm I have 3 account you simpleton. You serisouly couldn't ponder that possible scenario? Not much in the way of critical thinking skills huh?

my main account is banned from the forums because I flame intolerable, obnoxious narcissists like you who think anyone who has a different opinion than they do is wrong.

Grow up kid. You're not the center of the universe despite what mommy tells you.

Lol

Exactly the response I expected. Right on queue.
Pugs are bad sometimes. I make it crystal clear when I start a group please no bickering or name calling. If I join a group and they seems the slightest bit hostile.... I leave. Dozens of other groups to join.

But I don’t know how it’s even conceivably possible to try for that long and not have a successful run? I’d say about 80% I complete maybe 20% of those done in time. The ones I don’t finish someone usually leaves because they have a raid or the occasional temper tantrum which is unfortunate but just the way it goes.

I’d suggest “chill” groups or ones that ask for discord. Seems I’ve had best luck with those.

It’s this type of attitude/tone that makes pugs break up.
10/29/2018 05:55 AMPosted by Fuze

They do provide the data and the api access.....so in a way Blizz are at fault lol.

I believe the last thing blizzard or raider.io fanboys wants is for players to unsub due to it . It will cause repercussions.
10/29/2018 05:59 AMPosted by Rëçiproçity

Damnit! I was going to say that! My main is 7/8M but it's totally on a different account, and that's why you can't see it.

OP beat me to it. I'm also gold capped on all my toons on the other account... and uhmmmm... I have a corrupted ashbringer from original 40 naxx and all my toons have full set of T3
I agree that io and toxicity and other dumb !@#$ are bad, but seriously just make your own group. I have a way better time when I make my own. Yea sure it's just cherry picking the best ilvls but that's way better than failing dungeons.