Mythic IO has ruined WoW

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 12 Next
10/29/2018 07:55 AMPosted by Anacrussys
There is a massive problem with Raider.IO. I have three characters in the 368-370 range so my dungeon experience and scores are spread out. The raider.io has a box in settings to link an alt to your main. This feature absolutely does not work. It’s supposed to provide a link to your main on your alts profile but there is none.

If the feature did work, they would be able to see your main if you were on your alt, but they would not be able to see alts if your on your main. I have three mains so this wouldn’t help if I was on my main, but the feature doesn’t work anyways.

In sum, I am being PUNiSHED for having three 368+ characters, which I’m sure very few have yet. If raider.io was able to link all your 350+ chars so everyone could see them and add up the scores it wouldn’t be as bad.

Thats my only issue with it is when your an altaholic.
10/29/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Khankis
It’s this type of attitude/tone that makes pugs break up.

I'm trying to figure out what being 3/8 mythic has to do with anything.

We had a famed slayer of G'huun in one of our freeholds that should've been an easy +1 to an 11 and the guy didn't know to drink the booze and we wasted a minute and a half on him running back up to get the debuff and back down and failed by 30 seconds.

Being a mythic raider is completely irrelevant to mythic+.

They work exactly nothing alike.

And in that experience you can be one hell of a raider and absolutely clueless on dungeon mechanics.
Heh, find it hard to believe someone that's 3/8M yet you can't complete even +6's. Raider.io was created because Blizzard forced the WF/TF system onto us and people quickly realized you can get high ilvl without having the slightest idea of what you're actually doing. Don't like it? Don't PUG, if you're actually 3/8M surely you have guildies that you can run with?

Don't have guildies to run with? Start your own and push your own key, you'll quickly come to realize how people want such high requirements when trying to push their keys.

10/29/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Mårtrück
io is a terrible addon and should be removed, i'm 371 ilvl and have done +9 several times, but can't get into a group for even a +7 because my IO score is too low.

Removing it won't do a damn bit of good as something will pop up in its place. The issue isn't really the tool used, its the reason such a tool is even needed.
See, if OP or the complainers really didn't just want to be carried like the bad players they are, what they would actually be doing is asking for Blizzard to make tracking of Mythic+ statistics better and easier for addons and players.

Because you see, that's always what they default to. That the addons is bad or inaccurate and so it should be removed.
Because that's really the only slight flaw with the addons that they can latch on to.

But they won't ever suggest that Blizzard makes it easier to examine players for the info that raiderio gives.
To make it easier to get accurate info.

Because the truth is that they just don't want other players to see how bad they are at the game. They need those carries.
10/29/2018 06:00 AMPosted by Jostlen
LOL, so much drama when the answer is so obvious: make your own groups.

He's apparently in a Mythic raiding guild so I'm not sure why he would have to pug M+. Do your guildies hate you, OP?
10/29/2018 08:01 AMPosted by Kreider
10/29/2018 06:00 AMPosted by Jostlen
LOL, so much drama when the answer is so obvious: make your own groups.

He's apparently in a Mythic raiding guild so I'm not sure why he would have to pug M+. Do your guildies hate you, OP?

From the way he responds to people... I'm thinking that's a fairly obvious answer...
10/29/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Rëçiproçity
10/29/2018 07:18 AMPosted by Bryce
...No one is stopping you from making your own groups in this picture.

No one is stopping blizzard from fixing this toxicity inducing tool either.

Theres nothing toxic about wanting to bring experienced players to your key.

There is a massive problem with Raider.IO. I have three characters in the 368-370 range so my dungeon experience and scores are spread out. The raider.io has a box in settings to link an alt to your main. This feature absolutely does not work. It’s supposed to provide a link to your main on your alts profile but there is none.

If the feature did work, they would be able to see your main if you were on your alt, but they would not be able to see alts if your on your main. I have three mains so this wouldn’t help if I was on my main, but the feature doesn’t work anyways.

In sum, I am being PUNiSHED for having three 368+ characters, which I’m sure very few have yet. If raider.io was able to link all your 350+ chars so everyone could see them and add up the scores it wouldn’t be as bad.

Yep, and I consider all three of my characters mains cause I like them all and they are all about the same level, 368-370.

As an example, if you had a 385 character and we’re running +10’s and mythic Uldir every week since August. You can’t get groups on your 350 alt because the website everyone uses can’t see your main 385 char. This is a BS crappy system everyone is using. More and more people are gearing alts and raider.io can’t see their mains.
10/29/2018 07:58 AMPosted by Wuhjikô
10/29/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Khankis
It’s this type of attitude/tone that makes pugs break up.

I'm trying to figure out what being 3/8 mythic has to do with anything.

We had a famed slayer of G'huun in one of our freeholds that should've been an easy +1 to an 11 and the guy didn't know to drink the booze and we wasted a minute and a half on him running back up to get the debuff and back down and failed by 30 seconds.

Being a mythic raider is completely irrelevant to mythic+.

They work exactly nothing alike.

And in that experience you can be one hell of a raider and absolutely clueless on dungeon mechanics.

And vice versa great mythic+ dungeoneer but crappy raider. Mythic+ does not equal Mythic Raiding, however their difficulty levels at a +10 or higher are comparable but separate.
I haven't had these sorts of problems often. But, I do tank, so I'm in a lot more control over the runs.

Still, it makes sense to learn the IO system, since that's the best the userbase has to deal with the realities of mythic+. People are punished for failing to beat the timer, so if it's not raider IO, it would be some other method to try to weed out the bad players.

The userbase has no choice but to do this. Nobody wants to have their +4 and up keys downgraded.

So, learn what makes a good IO score. The key here is that you need to do all 10 dungeons, and beat the timers on them, at as high a key as possible. But beating a +5 underrot on timer is generally more valuable than failing a +7 underrot. The focus on time is (correctly) valued in raider IO.

I do see some of this on my alts; I have a 357 alliance tank that gets rejected from +7 runs, when those are inside of my comfort level. I don't think it's worth trying to convince the group that it's an alt and I know what I'm doing, so I just find another group. Luckily tanks are in demand.

And when my main gets rejected becuase they want 375+ for like a +4, I just laugh. That group is toxic through-and-through and only wants to cheese content anyway. I snicker they are gonna get some LFR raider who doesn't know mythic+ nearly as well as I do. (I don't raid, never will, so my gear will always suffer).

Well, best of luck, but getting rid of IO isn't gonna happen - but you can learn to adapt to it.
Due to titanforging everyone, no matter how casual they are, has an ilvl of 370+. I need to rely on raider.io in order to keep the bad players out of my runs.

I love raider.io and I shall keep using it for the rest of the expansion.
Yikes... I did like 30x + ~5 keys on the first week of Mythic+ successfully.

Honestly don't know what to yell you op... You're group is just garbage.....

Raider.IO works just fine. I've pugged multiple +10 keys successfully by utilizing a tool that allowed me to easily check if a player has completed the key I wanted to run at that level.

Everyone has the opportunity to join M+ communities or make some friends and start gradually running higher and higher keys, getting your score up so you can have a better chance at pugging more random high key groups.

Being 3/8M is honestly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. I have plenty of 6/8M raiding players in my guild that I just REFUSE to run M+ with, because they just kind of... suck at it. They don't take the time to learn the proper way to run a dungeon and often make mistakes that can cost you the key and an item at the end of the run.

The exception is when those players need to just get their +10 done for the week. I'll gladly help them in that case.

Any toxic attitude comes from PLAYERS. And we all know "scumbags and !@#$%^-s" come in all shapes and forms in all games.

Yep, and I consider all three of my characters mains cause I like them all and they are all about the same level, 368-370

Same thing, my mage, paladin, rogue, and dk are all in that 360+ threshold. In the note though I put my main characters name in the description saying compare their IO or check alt/mains before rendering acceptance.

Though pro tip, Tol Draga dungeons for mythic+ will always take a rogue if they don't have one for unlocking doors and getting the mini raid buffs from the cells.
There is a massive problem with Raider.IO. I have three characters in the 368-370 range so my dungeon experience and scores are spread out. The raider.io has a box to check in settings to link an alt to your main. This feature absolutely does not work. It’s supposed to provide a link to your main on your alts profile but there is no link.

In sum, I am being PUNiSHED for having three 368+ characters, which is an accomplishment Very few people have. If raider.io was able to link all your 350+ chars so everyone could see ALL of them, and add up the scores it wouldn’t be as bad.

The feature doesn’t work at all, and if it did you would only be able to see a main if you were on alt, and not visa versa or any other alts.

Or people just don’t want to take your 3rd alt through their 10 key. I like that alt checkbox specifically so I can avoid them.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yep, and I consider all three of my characters mains cause I like them all and they are all about the same level, 368-370

Same thing, my mage, paladin, rogue, and dk are all in that 360+ threshold. In the note though I put my main characters name in the description saying compare their IO or check alt/mains before rendering acceptance.

Though pro tip, Tol Draga dungeons for mythic+ will always take a rogue if they don't have one for unlocking doors and getting the mini raid buffs from the cells.

Well, even if you put in a note they won’t bother to check your other characters. That would require them to type in a search to try and find your other char and sometimes searches don’t work or they might type your name wrong. How would they even know the characters name you put in the notes is really you?

Everyone has the add on that lets them immediately see your score in game and gives them a link to your profile. They won’t bother trying to manually find alts.
10/29/2018 05:50 AMPosted by Wariya
10/29/2018 05:48 AMPosted by Rëçiproçity

"Already 8/8H and 3/8M in uldir on my main. "

What part of this did you not understand?

If you are 8/8 h and 3/8 m, why isn't your guild not helping you to do m+ ?? Why are you relying on pugs ??

I'm 8/8 heroic and 1/8M and i have trouble doing runs with my guild. Usually its a time thing the tanks aren't on when I'm on. They are also like 2-3 hours behind me so i cant stay up till midnight every night. My guilds all adults so add in work hours and i just gotta get it done when i can. My guild tanks are good though, usually getting in everyone at least 1 10 for the weekly. So i can't exactly run 10s all day. Pugs blow too. I've tried 3 separate times this week to do a 10 and none have made it past the first boss. All demanding High IO's. I get it and usually am the one taking out the explosives because i'm proactive. Yet, here we are. 2 failed 10s and a 9.

i think my IO is like 850 now, i don't need loot from all dungeons, im 370-373. People see the 850 and assume i'll suck !@#. Yet i know a lot about the trash pulls and the things to hex/interrupt and stun. *shrug* flawed addon is flawed.
10/29/2018 05:41 AMPosted by Rëçiproçity
26 hours. NOT A SINGLE SUCCESSFUL GROUP. Running +4s and +5s.
Yes and the problem was never you I bet.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

“I’m 3/8 mythic, no I don’t have the achievements” - you

Ummm I have 3 account you simpleton. You serisouly couldn't ponder that possible scenario? Not much in the way of critical thinking skills huh?

my main account is banned from the forums because I flame intolerable, obnoxious narcissists like you who think anyone who has a different opinion than they do is wrong.

Grow up kid. You're not the center of the universe despite what mommy tells you.

Sounds like my thread hit home with you.

Hmm, i could believe that based on this post.

Raider.io is a huge problem but guys like you rage posting doesn't help. It makes everyone view the people who have a problem with it as 1.unskilled 2.Children and 3. lacking knowledge of the game.

I suggest if you want people to take you seriously, relax a bit and try and approach it from a calmer perspective. Even if you don't think they are being respectful.
You can pug 3/8 M Uldir pretty easily, at least on my server Illidan. Even so, it doesnt matter how good you are at the game if you dont have mythic dungeon experience. Apart of being good at raiding is knowing all the encounters, knowing what to do, etc.

Mythic+ is exactly the same way. I cant count how many times my group has wiped because of simple mechanics. People dont interrupt, they dont know how the bosses work, dont know how the affixes work, etc. Usually because they only bother running a couple mythics every week, then come back expecting to be invited to any pug they want, even though they have minimal experience with the dungeons. If your group has experience running that dungeon with the affixes, you will do a lot better.

The real problem is that so many people have little to no mythic+ dungeon experience, yet they want to pug higher keys such as +8 or +9 without knowing wtf they're doing. They invest way less time in learning the dungeons and as a result they usually perform badly.
In sum, I am being PUNiSHED for having three 368+ characters, which is an accomplishment Very few people have

And the rest of us are PUNiSHED for having lives.