Horde racials nerfed

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 Next
10/30/2018 11:22 PMPosted by Akston
What will the Alliance blame now?

years of having a 1% edge and drawing all the endgame raiders to one side will still be a valid point to make. its been a problem for years and its to a point that only offering free faction change/server transfers will fix. One only needs to look at the current leader boards for mythic uldir clears to see the effect this problem has had on the community.
10/30/2018 11:15 PMPosted by Jaszunn
Latest batch of PTR notes came out. Two subtle changes were made.

Arcane Torrent is going from a 1.5 min CD to 2 min CD.

Berserking is providing 12% haste for 12 seconds instead of 15% haste for 10 seconds.

Time to hear alliance trolls say the changes aren't severe enough, time for the horde trolls to claim Alliance bias / Blizzard pandering to whiny Alliance players.

Edit: Troll change was updated on website. (It was originally 10% haste, but WoWhead edited it to 12% now)
Do any of your racials also trigger a cd on similar items? no? ok lol
Berserking Increases your haste by 15% for 10 10% for 12 sec. Troll Racial. Troll Racial. Instant. 3 min cooldown.

well in fact is 10% for 12 sec , is even more nerf now lmao.
10/31/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Bohannõn

Blizzard doesn't Nerf based off of a player or a factions tears, it nerfs off of raw numbers and data.

Try again.
oh is that why horde get a choice to stay with the dumb queen? yea you blind.
10/30/2018 11:15 PMPosted by Jaszunn
12% haste for 12 seconds instead of 15% haste for 10 seconds.
is this actually a nerf? or does the extra 2 seconds balance out the 3% less haste?
Inb4 alliance whiners claim bliiz never listens. Lol.
10/31/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Viviornitier
10/30/2018 11:30 PMPosted by Grobzol
I mean, the damage has already been done.

^ This
Really.

Lets say Blizz made all racials equivalent.
Many players who already switched to horde won't go back to alliance unless alliance gets some kind of an advantage, which won't happen.

So yeah, damage is already done. Blizz won't be able to fix the faction imbalance.

Blizz could, but the Horde wouldn't like it.

When you're used to being privileged, equality feels like oppression.

The horde has been "winning" since at least MoP, but realistically it actually goes back to TBC. They've gotten used to "winning".

The action required to balance the factions now is nothing less than the active punishment of everyone playing horde. The only thing that will get people to swap is incentives, and only in such a way that once taken advantage of you cannot go back.
10/31/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Ollin
The action required to balance the factions now is nothing less than the active punishment of everyone playing horde

This is the kind of thing that discourages real discussion.

There are no actual facts presented, no independent evidence just plain old fashion unwarranted anger lashing out as much as possible to the 'source' of a problem that exists and has always existed not in a "Biased" blizzard with deliberate intentions of tipping the scales in favour of one faction or another, or the mythical 'faction imbalance' or any of the boiler plate scapegoats that get trotted out to slaughter

I for one am willing to discover if Blizzard does in fact have this 'bias' but dealing with people who are simply irrational means that discovering that possible truth becomes even harder.
10/31/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Rhun

years of having a 1% edge and drawing all the endgame raiders to one side will still be a valid point to make. its been a problem for years and its to a point that only offering free faction change/server transfers will fix. One only needs to look at the current leader boards for mythic uldir clears to see the effect this problem has had on the community.

Honestly, it's not a 1% edge. IMO, it's never been that 1% that's the real problem.

The real problem is that horde racials have always been more "fun".

Here's my argument to that effect:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769578475?page=15#post-287

It's a problem between the active nature of horde racial abilities and the reactive nature of most alliance racials (active vs reactive. Not active vs passive. Important distinction.) on top of the active horde racials being hands-down better than their alliance counterparts (where there are counterparts. Really the only ones that I can think of are EMFH vs WOTF and Rocket Boost vs Darkflight)

The rest of the problem is all on dev treatment of the alliance, and I'm not talking about story. I'm talking about EMFH getting nerfed while most problem horde racials keep getting left alone, and when the horde racials do finally get nerfed they still usually end up better than their alliance counterparts.
Honestly, there is no point in trying to engage in conversation with the horde players here guys. They are too emotionally invested at this point. They see the leader boards and see method and believe that horde players have alwas just been inherently better at the game. They aren't just going to wake up and one day admit that maybe this isn't true and imbalance might be the reason why over time more and more guilds switched to horde from alliance.

There's literally no point wasting time trying to talk with them because nobody wants to be told they aren't special when they have spent so much time believing they are.
I mean why are they called racials and not specials or something. I guarantee orcs and humans don’t come from the same genus
10/31/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Elynos
I mean why are they called racials and not specials or something. I guarantee orcs and humans don’t come from the same genus

they are capable of breeding with eachother so are you sure about that?

Why would I stay in my hometown (a small town) when there are no good jobs?

I can go to a larger city with my skills and education and earn a good living.

The same reason people move in real life is why we’ve seen a migration to the Horde. Opportunity and prosperity.

I have more opportunities to raid (see employment opportunities) on the Horde (cities) than I do on the Alliance (small town).

It is much easier to find a position with an organization in more populated centres (the Horde has more guilds that raid).

So as a casual who isn’t looking to start a guild, what do I do?

The answer is reroll Horde.

I don’t have some victim complex, I’m not whining about faction imbalance.

I’m pointing it out, conceding that there is no viable fix, and suggest everyone swap to the Horde.

Or are you going to build a wall and make the Alliance pay for it?

These scenarios are in no way remotely the same

One is real life with real problem and It deals with the well being of humans and has real consequences.

The other is a video game. It has no consequences and is merely for entertainment.

So the answer comes back to you are the change you create. Roll horde and be the “problem” you think exists, or realize that what method does, what the .1% of the world first groups do, what that racial that gives a .3%dps gain that most aren’t even skilled enough to see, has next to nothing to do with what you do. And the sooner the masses learn to think for themselves and stop being lemmings the sooner people will start playing what they want and the factions even out more.

No you don’t get it.

There are more skilled players on the Horde who raid. Period. End of story.

The top 500 guilds are mostly horde.

You’re an idiot if you don’t think most raiders with an interest in Mythic raiding will shift to the horde.

That’s how people think. We can see it with the data collected on Warcraft logs and Blizzards own APIs.

And my previous example makes perfect sense. If you honestly believe humans stop acting like humans just because they’ve started playing a video game then you’re nuts.
10/31/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Araaen
10/31/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Elynos

they are capable of breeding with eachother so are you sure about that?

Not canon, but I found this on wowpedia.

In Warcraft lore, race often has the same definition as species.[2] Occasionally, within a race/species are groups called subspecies/subraces[3][4][5] Note that use of race may not always denote seperate species however (and may refer to ethnicities/subraces/subspecies within species)
10/31/2018 06:16 AMPosted by Ryzos
10/31/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Naughtymoon
LOL! I am loving hitting refresh on this thread it's funny to see how much people put on racials and how much Alliance people literally cry and cry and cry.

All I'm seeing are horde players that didnt seem to pass sophomore year stats.

Cry about WoD racials favoring alliance.

While simultaneously saying current imbalance has nothing to do with racials and alliance players are just bad "cuz"
jesus christ dude is all you can do is insult people?
10/31/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Teisel
Honestly, there is no point in trying to engage in conversation with the horde players here guys. They are too emotionally invested at this point. They see the leader boards and see method and believe that horde players have alwas just been inherently better at the game. They aren't just going to wake up and one day admit that maybe this isn't true and imbalance might be the reason why over time more and more guilds switched to horde from alliance.

There's literally no point wasting time trying to talk with them because nobody wants to be told they aren't special when they have spent so much time believing they are.

Project much?
10/30/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Kypookins
No player should ever say, "We have to play Horde, since they have the best racials for raid content and we have to be the uber raiders!"

It's sad how Blizzard continue to pander to the minmaxers infesting this game.
11/01/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Trollingyou
10/30/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Kypookins
No player should ever say, "We have to play Horde, since they have the best racials for raid content and we have to be the uber raiders!"

It's sad how Blizzard continue to pander to the minmaxers infesting this game.

wouldn't pandering to minmaxers be leaving in things that can be minmaxed like racials? What you've said makes no sense.
10/31/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Teisel

I really don't understand this mindset, my man. Just because people play horde doesn't make them a separate species, less worthy of being treated as a human. That said, yeah, the racials needed nerfed. Nerfing berserking doesn't stop it from being (in my opinion) the most FUN dps racial, but at least now there's less incentive to roll as one specifically to eek out ~1-1.5% more DPS as a top end player.

As to your point that horde players think they're better, it's not necessarily wrong, but there's real logic behind it anyway. Top guilds go horde because of better PvE racials, which causes a trickle down effect where everyone who wants to be a top end player does the same(dress for the job you want, not the job you have, that kinda mentality basically). We saw the same thing in Cata and MoP for pvp when Humans had EMFH to functionally give them three trinket slots in pvp.

I'd like it if there were reasons (not necessarily OP racials, but I guess it's not out of the question) for more horde guilds to go alliance. I don't like the fact that all top guilds are horde. I miss guilds like Midwinter being in the world race. But it's hard to look at a racial nerf in the current state of the game and think it'll have any affect on faction imbalance. There's a lot of things playing into these issues, and there's a lot of individual things that'll need to be changed for more reasonable faction balance.
The arcane torrent nerf is to throw off the synergy we have with Zul.

As it is, the cooldown of arcane torrent lines up with every other Dark Revelation. So on normal you have to rotate two blood elves, and on heroic four blood elves.

This throws off that synergy and forces the group to rely on more purges to deal with that mechanic.