not a single win thus far

Battlegrounds
3 av's, think about 4 IoC, a warsong and then a twin peaks and not a single win out of any of them thus far since I started play at around 9am pst today. Like can not even damage the horde while am just being stunned and or aoe to death. Not sure what I am doing wrong here? Anyone have maybe a better server or battle group that sees some wins?
https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-service-faction-change
Hi OP, playing epics is generally very tough for alliance. I would recommend creating a horde toon to play those. My experience is I usually have to play 3-4 epics before I actually win one due to the horde team being dumb enough to not play good defense.
Idk how it is for your list, but I highly suggest inviting some friends and rolling in the BG's. There used to be a tab for "Battlegrounds" and alot of times groups would be in there. Not sure why they removed it, but probably wasn't intended when updating the BFA one

p.s. does Blizz have a phone number u can call? I remember there used to be. I'll call their azz up and tell them about this feature and have them send it up to the devs or w/e. If I were to open a ticket for it, I alread know it would just be some generic reply that is no help
*shrug* we're pretty squishy. I have lost more than I've won today too, I don't put much stock in it. Depends on time of day, the BG itself. I just try to stay in back with the rest of the squishies. And Horde loses IOC more often than not because nobody pushes. AV is winnable for both sides if they back cap. The current brawl is fun as MM.
you should download reflex and link your losses. I hear that is all the rage these days
10/31/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Arkina
3 av's, think about 4 IoC, a warsong and then a twin peaks and not a single win out of any of them thus far since I started play at around 9am pst today. Like can not even damage the horde while am just being stunned and or aoe to death. Not sure what I am doing wrong here? Anyone have maybe a better server or battle group that sees some wins?

Everyone is in the same set of queues, so switching servers would not help with this, short of switching to a different region like the EU.

In Alterac Valley, it was discovered during prepatch that Horde have a guaranteed winning strategy; see the sticky thread for details. Horde don't normally use that strategy, but Alliance have to take it into account, putting Alliance at a disadvantage with respect to strategy.

In Isle of Conquest, Alliance strategies keep getting nerfed. Before this expansion, Alliance had a pretty reliable strategy going to the docks - which seems to be easier for Alliance than for Horde - but that got nerfed around the time of the expansion. Alliance then started using the strategy of winning the workshop - which isn't any easier for Alliance than Horde, we just came up with the strategy first and perfected it first - and that got nerfed too. That leaves the Hangar, which seems to be easier for the Horde to get, and also seems to be far more effective for the Horde: in theory the airship has more uptime on the east gate for both factions, but in practice this uptime is unusable for the Alliance because you either have to target the east gate "blind" with the mouse, being unable to see it, or you have to target with the keyboard, with which it's difficult to get on target for the gate. In addition, because Alliance don't have mercenary mode available, Alliance players can't merc to Horde to investigate the Horde strategy the way Horde can merc to Alliance to spy on us.

On top of all that, the game is bleeding experienced Alliance PVP players due to the heavy war mode imbalance in Normal servers, plus the Alliance has a greater tendency to level alts instead of focusing on their mains in end game, resulting in a lower gear level for the average Alliance 120.

All that said, I have not seen an imbalance in smaller battlegrounds against the Alliance. You might try posting in the Hunter forums asking how to best play a hunter in battlegrounds.
10/31/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Torturekilla
The current brawl is fun as MM.

Agreed with this too, and it's a good opportunity to hone your group PVP skills.
10/31/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Yarrow
10/31/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Torturekilla
The current brawl is fun as MM.

Agreed with this too, and it's a good opportunity to hone your group PVP skills.

or BM
10/31/2018 06:28 PMPosted by Yarrow

All that said, I have not seen an imbalance in smaller battlegrounds against the Alliance.

Yep. It still feels like a lot of luck, imo. yesterday I had a kinda bad run of luck, getting a handful of horde premades in a row. Today I won my 1st epic and 2nd random (a ToK in which alliance performed superbly!).

Everyone is in the same set of queues, so switching servers would not help with this, short of switching to a different region like the EU.

In Alterac Valley, it was discovered during prepatch that Horde have a guaranteed winning strategy; see the sticky thread for details. Horde don't normally use that strategy, but Alliance have to take it into account, putting Alliance at a disadvantage with respect to strategy.

In Isle of Conquest, Alliance strategies keep getting nerfed. Before this expansion, Alliance had a pretty reliable strategy going to the docks - which seems to be easier for Alliance than for Horde - but that got nerfed around the time of the expansion. Alliance then started using the strategy of winning the workshop - which isn't any easier for Alliance than Horde, we just came up with the strategy first and perfected it first - and that got nerfed too. That leaves the Hangar, which seems to be easier for the Horde to get, and also seems to be far more effective for the Horde: in theory the airship has more uptime on the east gate for both factions, but in practice this uptime is unusable for the Alliance because you either have to target the east gate "blind" with the mouse, being unable to see it, or you have to target with the keyboard, with which it's difficult to get on target for the gate. In addition, because Alliance don't have mercenary mode available, Alliance players can't merc to Horde to investigate the Horde strategy the way Horde can merc to Alliance to spy on us.

On top of all that, the game is bleeding experienced Alliance PVP players due to the heavy war mode imbalance in Normal servers, plus the Alliance has a greater tendency to level alts instead of focusing on their mains in end game, resulting in a lower gear level for the average Alliance 120.

All that said, I have not seen an imbalance in smaller battlegrounds against the Alliance. You might try posting in the Hunter forums asking how to best play a hunter in battlegrounds.

I know of all of this already. I have read hints that some of the servers are still in battle groups of old. For example I barely ever see any one from shadow council server (which for a short time I was on).
Not sure what I am doing wrong here?

Reroll Horde to win.

You’ll have a longer queue for your win though. If you get nostalgic for a fast queue loss, the Horde can merc to Alliance.
I've had 13 wins in a row across three characters since moving two of my alliance characters to join this DK on horde. Pretty much going exactly as I expected, except I thought there would have been a few losses.
I think they buffed hangar? Last two nights of epic bgs I only won one IOC out of like 7 from yesterday to today. Those cannons melt the gates and other alliance laugh when you suggest holding it to stop their offense.
10/31/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Utterly
Hi OP, playing epics is generally very tough for alliance.

lets be fair,

ally used to win nearly every single epic bg for like 10yrs+, I've merc-queued ally for epic wins very reliably

today, there appears to be some back and forth, very dependent on time of day
No they don't really have a phone number you can call anymore, if you dig deep you can find one for credit card and stuff but its hard to actually speak to anyone anymore.
In Isle of Conquest, Alliance strategies keep getting nerfed.

Both factions have access to all the strategies. I see lots of Alliance groups owning mid and winning. Some win without even getting mid.

What a feeble attempt at 'favoritism'.
10/31/2018 09:42 PMPosted by Leadbelly

Both factions have access to all the strategies. I see lots of Alliance groups owning mid and winning. Some win without even getting mid.

all they did was make the doors stronger, for the most part, vehicles do more player damage and NPC boss is stronger

they stopped zergs, or slowed them down, that's all they did

about the only "favoritism" I could ever see is that alliance has near perfect glaive spots ... but with the changes that seems to be less of a factor now

What a feeble attempt at 'favoritism'.[/quote

[quote="207683302428"]In Isle of Conquest, Alliance strategies keep getting nerfed.

But from what I have see it is true. Blizz has nerfed all of the Alliance's strats

Your best bet is to take slightly faster queues and go into 10/15 man BGs since there's something like 11 maps at random instead of epic's two which both I've heard get pretty one-sided.

Most amount of games I've had to play to get a win was 7 on non-epic, can't win em all