Horde main hub is terrible

General Discussion
Boralus has everything like the reforgers/weekly quests/profession all condensed into a small area while the horde hub has them all spread out in annoying awkward to reach spots.
I really like the idea of Dazar'alor and the whole "royal ziggurat" thing is cool but I absolutely agree with you. I recently hit 115 on my Alliance alt and Boralus is just wonderful.
It's not so bad if you like base jumping without parachutes.
Yes, they aren't centralized.

Without the Loa choice, erm, the profs are down some stairs to the left, and the weeklies / reforge are a 30s flight point to the south.

With one Loa choice you can basically jump off the stairs to the left, negating them. With the other, the "30s flight point to the south" becomes a five second flight point.

So, yeah, decentralized, but I wouldn't class it as terrible. WoW players have a certain knack for hyperbole.
Borales is plain Dazalor is at least cool looking I don't mind it being spread out I just wish I didn't have to pay 5 million gold to use an AH out there. Better yet I wish there wasn't a 10 a week cap on wow tokens lol.
I honestly don't mind taking the time to actually ride around Dazar'alor to get to whatever I need. I like that it's spread out. I almost wish it were moreso. Zul'dazar is the oldest city on Azeroth, and it makes sense that it isn't exactly optimal - the Zandalari were the first to actually try to have one (not counting bug-people who were slaves of the Old Gods in the Black Empire).
It's mostly centralized - almost everything on the Crafter's level. Inscription and cooking and archaeology at the Great Seal. Tiny Pa'ku makes traveling around easy.

There are several Inns, mailboxes. My Allie is like 115 and still have to ask guards for things. Looking for the pet vendor took awhile...dead end alleys and unreachable roads. Boralus is way more convoluted plus lots of things are inside so keep getting dismounted. Even the area with all the crafters is dark and signage sux. Too many unused buildings with no functionality.

Still haven't found the house with the portals to SW, etc. Bank is in another building. Great Seal has all those things off the Inn area.

Even getting on the boat (mission table) is downstairs, turn, turn, up another set of stairs, over a ramp. Horde side is a straight shot down the dock.

But you get used to both sides eventually.
"Well look at you, da might hero! HAHAHA!!!"

But on a serious note, I don't feel bad for any of you! LOL
Yeah everything being spread out is annoying while Boralus has everything you need packed together, but I don't mind using gonk's fall damage totem and goblin gliders to get around. Dazar'alor being so beautiful certainly doesn't hurt either. Troll architecture is magnificent, but Zandalari even more so.
11/02/2018 02:54 AMPosted by Orienn
Borales is plain Dazalor is at least cool looking I don't mind it being spread out I just wish I didn't have to pay 5 million gold to use an AH out there. Better yet I wish there wasn't a 10 a week cap on wow tokens lol.

i read...

I read....
I have to justify playing horde..
I like Boralus, but strongly prefer the aesthetics and design of Dazar'alor. Pick Pa'ku as your loa and the only real travel annoyance is getting down the steps, a task you can speed up with a few simple jumps that cost only a moderate about of health. It's no different in that regard than running quickly around any other stepped terrain and choosing to trade some health for time.

These complaints would have largely been headed off if choosing your loa wasn't tied to the Zuldazar quest lines and was instead immediately offered among the first quests presented upon reaching the ziggurat.
11/02/2018 03:01 AMPosted by Vixie
Even getting on the boat (mission table) is downstairs, turn, turn, up another set of stairs, over a ramp. Horde side is a straight shot down the dock.

If you're fast enough, you can jump straight from the vendor area stairs straight onto the dock next to the draenei.

Also for the portals, you really should have paid attention to the quest that explicitly showed you where they are, but as you're coming up from the ships, it's the building ahead and to the left.
I like Dazar'alor. I have no problem spending an extra 15 seconds flying somewhere.
I'm enjoying the traveling around, it's really not that bad for me. Once I got the loa fps figured out it got better.
If the Alliance were given such a difficult place to get around for their home base I know for sure there would be some with tin foil hats here complaining about Horde bias. lol
11/02/2018 03:28 AMPosted by Sisterspite
11/02/2018 02:54 AMPosted by Orienn

i read...

I read....
I have to justify playing horde..

Right? You may not like the city, but plain? I don't even want to leave to do other things and just stay there exploring.
It's epic to be sure but I do agree there is more travel time. I will say that while the travel can be frustrating, it makes the city feel that much larger. That being said, Boralus seems more like an active, bustling city... but it's also condensed. There are parts to it, though, that are far away but not like the Horde one.

I appreciate both but see them as different.
I actually prefer the Zandalari capitol over Boralus. Yes, I get that it's extremely inconvenient but in regards to immersion, it really feels like a temple city. I've gotten used to going up and down those stairs and I've had reason to go to every corner of this city for whatever reason (trying to farm a pterodactyl mount, buying mini pets, island expeditions, scrapping/crafting, portals, war campaign and mission table),

Switch to Boralus… this extremely large and amazing city and I only know that one corner that makes up 15% of it. I fly my way around the rest if I need to or just aimlessly run through ruffians with no reason to stop.

So yes, Boralus is more convenient but Dazar'alor feels more like a city and I think WoW needs to push more of the immersion/rp stuff rather than the gaming hub/achievement points/loot loot loot aspects of WoW.
11/02/2018 02:43 AMPosted by Wtfbrew
Boralus has everything like the reforgers/weekly quests/profession all condensed into a small area while the horde hub has them all spread out in annoying awkward to reach spots.

I've tried both, and can't stand Boralus because of all the junk blocking my camera, or constantly pushing it in to near FPV. I'll take the wide open, full camera distance on the Horde side.
I don't mind having a big city that takes more time to navigate.

What I do mind is a lack of things to do in said big city.
Boralus is nice. It's a well done area. It's my favorite of all the Alliance capitals.

That said, Dazar'alor is AWESOME and it's one of the main reasons I've been playing Horde this expansion. Sure, it's more spread out, but the whole look and feel of it is rad. I've never been a troll fan, but the Zandalari and their culture is really appealing to me.