Virtual ticket buyers Should get a refund.

General Discussion
Blizzcon virtual ticket is like paying money to watch an infomercial. Just because you were dissapointed with what they were trying to sell you doesn't mean you deserve a refund or an apology.

I say this as someone who bought the virtual ticket last year.
11/04/2018 04:57 AMPosted by Dammekos
Blizzcon virtual ticket is like paying money to watch an infomercial. Just because you were dissapointed with what they were trying to sell you doesn't mean you deserve a refund or an apology.

was going to type something up, but you covered all the bases. thanks.
11/03/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Chaosnachos
It's people's fault. Paying for the privilege to see 2 days worth of adverts is just folly to me. It's like paying to watch an infomercial.

This^^

They did not force you to buy it and they most certainly didn't promise you will like it or your money back.
11/03/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Monrith
Why do people even pay for blizzcon? Especially why do people go to it?

It's 95% filler, 5% juicy bits. I can get all the news for free without having to spend a dime while skipping all the super cringey filler by just reading the highlights on a website

You're far better off financially and time wise not bothering with blizzcon and just reading up the news after its over

I've gone twice and I had a blast each time. It's not just about wow news there....not even close. If that's all you're interested in, you're gonna have a bad time.
11/03/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Chaosnachos
It's people's fault. Paying for the privilege to see 2 days worth of adverts is just folly to me. It's like paying to watch an infomercial.

basically.

Any juicy bits would be on youtube 3rd party fast AF. for free....

rest, yeah.

Classic will not be to all tastes. Pay to play its demo....for a limited time? Demo's should be free. They need us to buy it, they need to push demo for free to impress us. Not us to pay to demo.

Why players give up this power amazes me. They need you, you don't need them. Leverage that.

But thats me, I don't pay to play beta's even. Unless the promise of yeah you bought it early access, on release you own the game. This in place, yeah, here is my money.
Typically, refunds are given when the video feed is not operational for long periods of time, lots of technical issues happening, and such like that. Complaining that you didn’t like what was announced has nothing to do with the virtual ticket, so why do you feel entitled to a refund?
11/03/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Tymberlea
No. You got what you paid for, as advertised.

If you are disappointed, that's on you.

There has been a ton of information on WoW, and to my eyes all of it is positive. We have a date of 8.1, and an overview for 8.2.

No sane person expects a tradeshow demo to be unlimited, or for that matter finished.

Prices were up front. What you got for that money, likewise.

This is not a Blizzard issue. It's a you issue.

Blizzard doesn't owe you a gift, let alone a refund. If anything you owe them an apology.

Do you comprehend reality? I think not.

Every year previously they made all of the presentations available on demand. OP is saying that they didn't do that this year. Please do yourself a favor and at least research before you respond.

I didn't buy a ticket because Blizzard has been a garbage fire, and this Blizzcon was even worse than imagined. But removing on demand viewing lol. Like is Blizzard trying to go out of business?
I only watched 30min before the stream glitched out. But that was enough, first its overly formal, its like watching the Emmy's. Second, starting with a breakfast cereal commerical and Destiny2 promotion is not what people pay to see. Last, all of the forced diversity moral browbeating makes me just turn something off. Companies dont care about diversity its just PR and annoying.
Meh, I got the ticket and I could care less about seeing it live. I'd rather just go to mmo-champ a few days later and get all the details in nicely formatted list without dealing with all the extra crap.
Expectation:

You watch a movie trailer, you're thinking about watching it. Your friends said the movie was "really good" or "worth paying for". You decide to purchase the movie ticket yourself after deliberating whether or not to see it despite your own trailer reviews and others who can vouch for it being a "good movie".

Reality:

You "pay" for the movie "not knowing" what to expect beyond the movie trailers, you sit through the whole 1.5-2hr movie, however, the movie did not live up to your own hype and you leave disappointed. Are you going to rage quit to the ticket booth that "SOLD" you the ticket that "YOU" bought and demand a refund? Didn't think so. The world don't like that. The ticket booth just sell tickets, they didn't make the movie. It's not their fault that YOU didn't have a good movie experience.

As it states, you get what you pay for, you can't always get what you want. Take this as a lessoned learned. Not every BLIZZCON was a flop, so, expect some "oohh's and ahhh's" or "boo's and naa's" from time to time.
11/03/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Hector
If anything you owe them an apology.

You don't need to white knight so hard lol
If by white knight you mean saying the truth, yes he does.
Why anyone would buy one is beyond me.
I have zero sympthay for people who bought a ticket. You can’t wait for it reported via any online wow source?

Do you also ask for refunds on movies you don’t like?
Should have bought a few bottles of liquor with the money and waited a few minutes for people to post and talk about things lol
I think that was husband's biggest letdown. We were busy this weekend, no way to watch as things were happening. Such is life. So, per last years experience, he paid for the ticket so that we could watch later that evening.

Imagine his surprise when content wasn't available. It was NOT stated that it was only streaming during that time slot. And if you had experienced last year's ticket why would they go BACKWARDS?

Still enjoyed the content. Just disappointed.

Also, the cloak/toy wasn't clear in where to get it. You had to do some searching. Which was amusing to me to here the cussing "WHERE IS THAT DA**** BANNER! ****!!"
11/03/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Nillah
The only people that are deserving of refunds are the ones that had technical difficulties and were unable to watch the streams(if that happened to people, just using it as an example).

I'm not asking for a refund due to it, but the streaming this year was crap.
Sound and video rarely synced, and I have the luxury of having 1GB fiber optic.
No other streams have ever displayed such poor performance in quality.
11/04/2018 04:57 AMPosted by Dammekos

That's not what people are complaining about. Well, I mean, there's a LOT of people complaining about that, but not specifically for this topic.

They're pointing out that previous years Blizzcons, every panel was put up as watch on demand very shortly after the panel was over, but this year? The panels weren't available to watch until very recently, near the very end of the event, when all the information has already been posted all over the place. Yeah, the widespread mass media spreading all the information has always been a valid reason not to bother buying a Virtual Ticket, but there are people, like myself, who don't live in America, and enjoys waking up of a morning to see the 1st day is half done and have the choice to watch the livestream or peruse the done panels at my leisure.

Coupled with scores of technical issues and people being unable to watch even the LIVE broadcast... Yeah, of course people are upset.
11/03/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Monrith
Why do people even pay for blizzcon? Especially why do people go to it?

It's 95% filler, 5% juicy bits. I can get all the news for free without having to spend a dime while skipping all the super cringey filler by just reading the highlights on a website

You're far better off financially and time wise not bothering with blizzcon and just reading up the news after its over

Some of us just like it /shrug

Edit: For those who missed events, they put the videos up the next day
If anything you owe them an apology.

Here i got something for you

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/
I got a VT so I could play the Classic demo. I got my money's worth, I'm still enjoying it, and I plan to enjoy it until they take it down. *shrug*