Nelfs have no honor

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
11/04/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Totalycereal
Saurfang refused to kill Malfurion because he ambushed him, calling an ambush from behind dishonorable. But in the new Darkshore trailer, Malfurion is ambushing horde soldiers from behind left and right. So are we to assume that Malfurion has no honor for attacking this way? Or do we assume that Saurfang is foolish for not employing the same tactics that his enemy uses?

I have more honor than you do.

You: not yet honor level 5.
Me: honor level 270.

See? Nelves do have honor.
Malfurion is ambushing horde soldiers from behind left and right. So are we to assume that Malfurion has no honor for attacking this way?

Would it of made any difference if he slaughtered them all from the front?

They've had him so passive because he's arguably one of the strongest beings on Azeroth.

The lore makes it impossible for him to be very interactive in the game due to his overwhelming power. They've toned it down a ton in the game and made him seem helpless at certain times.

How he's been written over the years he could steam roll that horde army in darkshore solo with his magic alone. The in game malfurion is nothing like the lore malfurion.

People think Jaina is powerful... lore Malfurion is an absolute monster.
ok first alliance have side using orc honor against them is acceptable tactic. Second like people said when one said does thing in a manor that upholds their way of life does not mean the other side have too. suarfang was a only acting in selfness reason. He applied honor to honor less foe. IF he killed him it would not dishonored him. The who plot to spare him hoping he could kill suarfang enemy.

Second from what I seen on video most of night elf don't die. I like to see what people keep seeing. As the night elf queen makes a pack with evil old god to spare her people. Its how we get patch 8.2. It looks like a whole bunch lived. I say from looking at video maybe 2% die.

Last one. I spent a whole bunch time in tree city on alliance. it was most breath taken city there. In all 8 years. the most I ve seen that city pack was on proudmore server nd there were 15 low level people. Most server that place was a ghost town.

So if so up set about a city no one visit. Then I have to say you are a hypocrite. Some of people see upset and I have alt there. Don't remember seeing you there. First you have to live and stay in city to actually care about it. My hearth stone was usually set their. Like I said love it and silver a lot. If using I'm a night elf excuses its bomkus. Cause soon as it given back. it becomes a ghost town again.

Cant care about something and ignore it.
ITT: people assuming that standards of honour are the same across the board, and don't get tossed out the window when sh!tty-a$$ things happen to your homes/people
11/04/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Karat
11/04/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Firekatkid
Which, honestly, makes it even stupider that he left a survivor to "tell them we're coming."
He left them alive so they would get everyone riled up. It's one thing to know that a supply caravan went missing. It's an entirely different matter to hear exactly what terrible things happened to everyone that was there. He wants them panicked so they make mistakes. If they're jumping at every breeze or chirping bird they're going to waste all their energy worrying about what could happen and won't be as ready when it inevitably does.

But, I mean... no one knew about them coming until literally the second after the Troll finished his story...
Not really enough time to start pants wetting. I mean, only the orc and Nathaninny even heard it.
As far as I know, no one on that caravan was Saurfang so he had no reason to be friendly to them. He is also a druid not a warrior, he will use any advantage he can take by shapeshifiting and using the nature around him.
"Haha, he expects us to believe that tale? No single night elf could do all that..."
Saurfang refused to kill Malfurion because he ambushed him, calling an ambush from behind dishonorable. But in the new Darkshore trailer, Malfurion is ambushing horde soldiers from behind left and right. So are we to assume that Malfurion has no honor for attacking this way? Or do we assume that Saurfang is foolish for not employing the same tactics that his enemy uses?

You are right there is no "honor" but there is a lot of hatred. And rage. It adds up :/
Original poster. I think you just confused yourself inside your head with the word ambush, and all the others posting dont realise that the question is flawed and are arguing with you so they are confused too it seems.

Saurfang saw his own act as dishonourable because he interfered in a duel between Malfurion and Sylvannas, which Malfurion was winning. In fact he says "It was not my place to interfere". Nothing to do with the word ambush or ambush tactics.

Ambushing an enemy war supply and ripping them to shreds in your own territory... theres nothing dishonourable about it.
The cowardly Horde Lich Queen burned innocent Night Elves alive,men,women and children most were not even soldiers.The genocide against the Kaldorei demands justice.
Death to the Lich Queen and her boy toy zombie Nathanos!
Honor is for the dead, and Saurfang is a moron.
Ambushes and Hit & Run tactics are what night elves have always been about, that was a majority of their play style even in Warcraft 3. It was rather stupid of Prickface... er I mean Nathanos to have so few troops guarding his supply caravans.
Are we talking about murderous genocidal maniacs who slaughtered thousands for one crazy !@#$% whose nose got out of joint from one simple word from a Night Elf??

Are we talking about the same creatures who then set up concentration camps in occupied lands and are killing elves off and raising them to serve their Lich Queen?

ARE WE TALKING About the same scum that oversee the torture and killing of civilians and children and consider it sport?

We have fought honourably but we now face an enemy that has no honour, no soul, no self- respect.
A pack of cowards too scared to challenge their own leader for fear of becoming one of her scourge zombies.
You kill vermin whatever way is necessary to ensure they do not spread any further.

(That would be my in role response.)

My gamer response is too bloody little too late Blizzard! The damage has been done and cannot be repaired.
11/04/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Ragingnoob
Original poster. I think you just confused yourself inside your head with the word ambush, and all the others posting dont realise that the question is flawed and are arguing with you so they are confused too it seems.

Saurfang saw his own act as dishonourable because he interfered in a duel between Malfurion and Sylvannas, which Malfurion was winning. In fact he says "It was not my place to interfere". Nothing to do with the word ambush or ambush tactics.

Ambushing an enemy war supply and ripping them to shreds in your own territory... theres nothing dishonourable about it.

I still say he was aiming for Sylvannas and hit Malfurion on accident. just based on story. The way he left it and all. it was more like, opps I meant to hit the other guy.

BTW alliance form poster are weird. They say on one hand this is bad. but when their side does it, then its good. Just really funny to me. It like no I see nothing wrong with this as they slowly pull dagger out. Horde does same thing, woo there that not allowed. We only allowed to do that. just so funny.
11/04/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Vynlordros
That being said, it would be so cool if Blizzard had Saurfail gather his human potential and march into Org to challenge Sly and have the wife/husband/child of one of the Horde that were killed by Malfurion dramatically call him out on his failures and he slowly realize hes entirely responsible for it.

That sounds like good writing where the character's actions have consequences and probably won't make it to the game.
Also I'm a huge fan of orcs and I have been since before WoW. Same with night elves. I think what people don't realize is that two different races can have two different definitions of honor. The night elf posters in this thread trying to justify an ambush by equating orc honor to their own honor are not seeing the point. Honor is like a code of rules. You're trying to compare yourselves to creatures from another planet with another code for gosh's sake.

In short: night elves may have some form of honor, but they don't have orcish honor.

Can you really call someones side as "behind"? As far as dishonorable, I would say if Malfurion outnumbered the Horde but it was only 1v6? or something. Horde just suck. Get over it.
Also I'm a huge fan of orcs and I have been since before WoW. Same with night elves. I think what people don't realize is that two different races can have two different definitions of honor. The night elf posters in this thread trying to justify an ambush by equating orc honor to their own honor are not seeing the point. You're trying to compare yourselves to creatures from another planet for gosh's sake.

This. Orcs roll one way, night elves another.
I think we are forgetting something here, there are no rules in war. Which is why I think when the alliance cries about how "evil" the horde is, its funny. I also think when Horde cries "MAH HORDE HONOR" and now "NIGHT ELVES ARE EVIL" its also funny. Honestly if I was Tyranda or Malfuion, I would use the most dirtiest underhanded tactics to erase all Horde presence from every piece of land of northern Kalimdor till i get to Azshara / Barrens. Then bring the full might of the alliance to push further.

Because unlike the real world we live in, we dont start / finish wars with genocide in mind 99% of the time, but to annex the people and the land. In World of Warcraft, if its a Horde not led by thralls hippy squad its a Genocidal war. As much as I want the Horde to out right eradicate the alliance in this fantasy world, i'm surprised the alliance leaders arent using underhanded and dishonorable tactics to SURVIVE. Malfurion and Tyranda have the right ideas in mind as well as Sylvanas.
11/04/2018 06:26 PMPosted by Puré
I think we are forgetting something here, there are no rules in war. Which is why I think when the alliance cries about how "evil" the horde is, its funny. I also think when Horde cries "MAH HORDE HONOR" and now "NIGHT ELVES ARE EVIL" its also funny. Honestly if I was Tyranda or Malfuion, I would use the most dirtiest underhanded tactics to erase all Horde presence from every piece of land of northern Kalimdor till i get to Azshara / Barrens. Then bring the full might of the alliance to push further.

Because unlike the real world we live in, we dont start / finish wars with genocide in mind 99% of the time, but to annex the people and the land. In World of Warcraft, if its a Horde not led by thralls hippy squad its a Genocidal war. As much as I want the Horde to out right eradicate the alliance in this fantasy world, i'm surprised the alliance leaders arent using underhanded and dishonorable tactics to SURVIVE. Malfurion and Tyranda have the right ideas in mind as well as Sylvanas.

Anduin is too much of a straight lace to do anything outside the box or truly get his hands dirty.