Revised Release Schedule for Classic WoW

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
11/04/2018 10:07 PMPosted by Lightelf
Why does the power of the loot matter?

The biggest power increase for all classes (1.12 talents/World Buffs) is in the game. The upgraded loot barely makes a difference.

wrong.
I hope Blizzard see this
This is fine with me except MC loot should be updated from the start. The loot before the changes are pretty much worthless.

I'm also against the 8 debuff slot because it screws over a lot of classes from being able to play their class. I know people want a challenge from MC, but 8 debuff slots actually made the game feel worse IMO. 16 isn't ideal, but it does solve a lot of those problems.
11/04/2018 10:30 PMPosted by Xiy
This is fine with me except MC loot should be updated from the start. The loot before the changes are pretty much worthless.

I'm also against the 8 debuff slot because it screws over a lot of classes from being able to play their class. I know people want a challenge from MC, but 8 debuff slots actually made the game feel worse IMO. 16 isn't ideal, but it does solve a lot of those problems.

Like I say in the OP, the suggestion you're making about 8 debuff slots is incorrect. The only class that suffers is the Shadow Priest and it is not worth making content easier for just 1 class. It does not "screw over" a lot of classes. Any inferior spec such as a ret paladin does NOT get any buffs from going to 16 debuffs from 8.

Allowing 16 debuffs at the launch of the server WILL make content easier. It needs to be 8, 100%.
11/04/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Biglionwhite

wrong.

Real insightful contribution man. Your unshakable arguments have really swayed me.
I completely support this, and I really hope Blizzard listens.
This release schedule seems a bit better than the "current thinking" release schedule the devs had at the BlizzCon panel.
11/04/2018 10:35 PMPosted by Rennik
11/04/2018 10:30 PMPosted by Xiy

Like I say in the OP, the suggestion you're making about 8 debuff slots is incorrect. The only class that suffers is the Shadow Priest and it is not worth making content easier for just 1 class. It does not "screw over" a lot of classes. Any inferior spec such as a ret paladin does NOT get any buffs from going to 16 debuffs from 8.

Allowing 16 debuffs at the launch of the server WILL make content easier. It needs to be 8, 100%.

Warlocks can't use corruption with 8 debuff slots. That's a big deal. the class suffered heavily early in Vanilla and this was a big part of it.
I normally disagree with everything you say, but you're right here. Hopefully Blizzard listens.
11/04/2018 10:47 PMPosted by Xiy
11/04/2018 10:35 PMPosted by Rennik

Warlocks can't use corruption with 8 debuff slots. That's a big deal. the class suffered heavily early in Vanilla and this was a big part of it.

Warlocks are still brought to raids regardless of 8 debuffs vs. 16. The top spec for warlocks is DS/Ruin and you do not use Corruption. You spam Shadow Bolt.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Warlocks in high end raiding do not use corruption. You can make an argument for 1 warlock using it but the idea that all warlocks use it and need the debuff slots is wrong. Obviously this is for people that want to play as optimally as possible.
11/04/2018 10:50 PMPosted by Hwoodhogan

Warlocks in high end raiding do not use corruption. You can make an argument for 1 warlock using it but the idea that all warlocks use it and need the debuff slots is wrong. Obviously this is for people that want to play as optimally as possible.

Not even with 16 slots is it worth it to use Corruption. However if you have enough Locks (like 5+) then it is actually worth it to have one of them use Curse of Doom.
I hope this opens the door for constructive conversation to take place. I agree 100% with everything being stated. Especially 8 debuffs at launch.

Also, no sharding please. Blizzard says they want to maintain authenticity as much as possible for classic, and if they truly value that like they say they do, then they shouldn't add in sharding. Even for "lower level zones". It takes away the feeling of leveling in the world and the social aspect of interacting/playing with others.
This is perfect!
Thumbs up
pservers got it wrong idiot
Somebody get this guy a medal. Not only for this model but also for the amazing guild name
11/04/2018 10:07 PMPosted by Lightelf
Why does the power of the loot matter?

The biggest power increase for all classes (1.12 talents/World Buffs) is in the game. The upgraded loot barely makes a difference.

Surprisingly no, in Vanilla it's how much threat your tank can produce and can your casters not OOM
11/04/2018 11:10 PMPosted by Härländ

Surprisingly no, in Vanilla it's how much threat your tank can produce and can your casters not OOM

And tank threat/survivability is greatly boosted by 1.12 talents.
The only thing I disagree with is the Tier .5 delay until near the end of the cycle. There is no reason to wait that long. You already have the pvp rewards and all the other catch up gear. Why wait until AQ to release the .5 sets? They are still not as good as raid gear and you will still spend a long time completing the upgrade once the quest line is released.