Purchasable Reputation Boosts.

General Discussion
This is probably not going to get the best response but I wanted to make this topic. We have auto 110 boosts in the shop and all sorts of other services in the shop. Why not Reputation Boosts? So many people have issues myself included of grinding reputation through World Quests. I just want the races because I bough the expansion like the old ones. So if we can't have that why not give us the option to buy exalted?
Reputation Boosts used to be available back in Pandaria; where you could purchase a token to help increase the reputation gains by 100%. But they since scrapped the idea. The mechanic still exists in the game however.

I think it'd be far more fair to be able to use those again.
11/05/2018 03:03 AMPosted by Lucitheiah
We have auto 110 boosts in the shop and all sorts of other services in the shop. Why not Reputation Boosts

No.

11/05/2018 03:05 AMPosted by Aelliciah
Reputation Boosts used to be available back in Pandaria; where you could purchase a token to help increase the reputation gains by 100%. But they since scrapped the idea. The mechanic still exists in the game however.

Yes. Bring those back.
why play this game. I get it. Rep grinds aren’t fun for a lot of people. But it seems like so many people just want to buy everything in game rather than do it.
11/05/2018 03:07 AMPosted by Hartric
why play this game. I get it. Rep grinds aren’t fun for a lot of people. But it seems like so many people just want to buy everything in game rather than do it.

I play the game just to level, do dungeons and raid and tmog and hang out with my friends. Ik that isn't everyone, some enjoy the grind and what not. I just don't like being forced to grind too get a new race some of them not even actually new just reskins the only true new ones are the KT and Zandalari. I already have the void elves, LF Draenei and Nightborne. As soon as I think of grinding rep for the Mag'har or DI Dwarves I get hyped up. Then i see 85 rep gained per WQ. That just kills my hype for it and I just go to a lower level toon all the while thinking "Man I should just go grind". It just feels like a chore too me.

I understand. My position isn’t personal to what you are specifically trying to avoid doing. I just see so many posts about buying this or that rather than doing it. I just don’t think it’s a great thing in the long run.

I play the game just to level, do dungeons and raid and tmog and hang out with my friends. Ik that isn't everyone, some enjoy the grind and what not. I just don't like being forced to grind too get a new race some of them not even actually new just reskins the only true new ones are the KT and Zandalari. I already have the void elves, LF Draenei and Nightborne. As soon as I think of grinding rep for the Mag'har or DI Dwarves I get hyped up. Then i see 85 rep gained per WQ. That just kills my hype for it and I just go to a lower level toon all the while thinking "Man I should just go grind". It just feels like a chore too me.
It probably isn't a good thing in the long run, I can see it getting out of hand. Though someone also said earlier that they had something you could use to get 100% rep gain. However Blizzard has changed that apparently. I get it the grind is there too give people something to do. Also to look good on stats to investors "Look how many people kept their sub or joined". I'd just like to know how many people left due to the grind.

Also people seem to act like their grind for the "new" races are some prestige item and they are some how better then us who don't like the grind. Also urks me. I also know of the event that happens that helps rep gains, But those are like every 3 or 4 months between each of them I think might be wrong on that.
because grinds used to have a purpose... Now they are literally there to artificially extend the game . Daily quests are the same thing . And eventually people burn out and get tired of grinding daily quests for 75 rep per.... I don't agree with boosts for rep but I'd be ok with a rep tokens system you could buy with badges or whatever like they had in pandaria
I would almost prefer having to wear a tabard again to grind rep. At least I'd have a reason to go into heroics instead of mythics
11/05/2018 03:05 AMPosted by Aelliciah

Either this, or..... could we just get those "cloth donation" npc's back? Seriously, let players either farm, or buy with gold, what ever mats to go donate to repeatedly to what ever reputation they feel like doing so - does not have to be JUST cloth, I just did a WQ earlier tonight, gave 40 leather to some tauren dude for..... 125 rep? maybe 100, I can't remember how little it was.

I mean, that's a WQ, that is NOT repeatable as many times as I can do it.

So, repeatable quests, please. It still took players a LONG time to grind reputations to exalted or however high they wanted pre-Cata. Why did it all have to change? Even championing the factions by equipping a tabard and running dungeons was not a bad idea. Not my favorite, but I still liked it more than what has been the way ever since MoP.
Grinding is part of an MMO-RPG and always has been. Get over it and accept it. Either do it and be happy with the reward or do not do it and forget about the reward and stop whining about not having it and wanting it handed to you the easy way.
11/05/2018 03:42 AMPosted by Gabitha
Grinding is part of an MMO-RPG and always has been. Get over it and accept it.

Grinding is not required. It's just the easiest way to put fake longevity into a game.
No.
I'm assuming the OP wants a rep boost purchasable with real currency...

Its sad to see even a few players wanting WoW to head in to a P2W game.
Diablo Immortals might probably be the game for you OP.
11/05/2018 03:44 AMPosted by Lemres
11/05/2018 03:42 AMPosted by Gabitha
Grinding is part of an MMO-RPG and always has been. Get over it and accept it.

Grinding is not required. It's just the easiest way to put fake longevity into a game.

Nothing fake longevity about it the rep grind takes less than a couple months to do and the life of the xpac is 2 years. more than enough time for even the most casual player to complete the rep grind and reap the reward. Which by the way will still be around even after 9.0.1 patch drops with the next xpac. So in effect a person has forever to grind that rep. No longevity extended to the game what so ever. If you want to play as the new races then you will do the grind if you do not then don't.

Either way no to the whole lets pay to win attitude. Get off your arsh and grind that rep like everyone else and earn it.

Rep grinds are part of RPGs; the game needs more RPG elements not less.
Hopefully the mobile gaming cash shop comes to WoW. Buying raid gear for $$ is really needed.
What I don't understand is, some faction quartermasters you could buy the tabard at neutral/friendly and use that to gain rep as you go about you business in the appropriate dungeon. Then something happened and 99% of all the tabards now require you to already be exalted to purchase. I mean, wtf? What's the point of getting an item designed for rep grinding if you're already exalted??? People don't use tabards for tmogs. It's completely and utterly stupid why they've done that.

Enough with this BS. The OG WoW Devs would have been ashamed of what's happening.
This is a poop idea. It's the microtransaction mindset that I hate. Play the game to earn the poop you want.

Now get off my lawn.
You dont have to grind for the rep. Just donthe emmisarys that is 1600 rep, combined with wq that offer rep tokens thats aboit 185 per, then you can get rep tokens from follower missions. It adds up fast.

Questing in a zone will get you to honored , then doing everything insaid above. Maybe a month you will be exalted.

Dont gri d there is no reason to feel like you need to do every wq, just do emmisarys and the quick side stuff.