Ion's Comment on Spec Tuning

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
11/05/2018 07:12 AMPosted by Kharn
90% of enhancement shamans are fighting just to beat the tanks... just cause we have HORRIBLE item distribution, horrible secondary stat requirements, ect.

While shaman is my least played alt,
I do feel the stat squish and secondary stat nerf hit harder than necessary for some classes.

I think Blizz said that they want to make secondary stats less important.
In Legion yes, I guess secondaries meant too much (compared to primaries).
And I understand that logic.
But while they say they wanted to make secondaries less important, some classes still require those secondaries for the class/spec to work, but they failed at redesigning the spec.
If you want to make secondaries less important, you also need to design the classes/specs so they are less reliant on them.

I feel something similar for the fire spec.
Like for example, look at the 110 talents, Pyroclasm and Kindling.
Both are procs relaint on how much you crit.
But the fire specs secondary priority is vers/mastery. It doesn't make sense.
Of course it doesn't make sense because Blizzard just pruned the Legion spec then copied (reused) and pasted stuff from it again to BfA.

Really lazy if you ask me.

11/05/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Omajarn
His next comment is that the spec communities are doing themselves a disservice by telling others to reroll

If Ion said this, I wonder if he is actually playing this game.
If a player is playing in a competitive environment, of course they would need to reroll... (unless you want to lose your spot.)
11/07/2018 05:23 AMPosted by Rizzaki
11/05/2018 07:12 AMPosted by Kharn
2-3% is at TOP END with max level gear that fills the insane requirements that the class has.

90% of enhancement shamans are fighting just to beat the tanks... just cause we have HORRIBLE item distribution, horrible secondary stat requirements, ect.

Seriously. For enhancement shaman Haste is more important than iLVL... think about that... now back up... think about it again... just slower.

Yea... it's that messed up.

Until things like that get fixed... the spec will be all or nothing.

But, as usual, Ion 'Elitist Jerk' Hazzikostas doesn't listen to anyone but himself, and maybe a few people from Method. Which is why we have this problem with enhancement.

At top gear levels it performs... at LITERALLY ANY OTHER LEVEL it's garbage. But Ion, being Ion, will just tell us not to suck at his class...

That's part of why I canceled my sub.

So insulting Ion is your answer for your concerns?

Aren't you aware that Ion belongs to a guild named "Elitist Jerks"?
Another crybaby thread wahhh my class isn't OP I hate ion blah blah blah.

I love the game and respect ion and believe the team is working hard to address issues
11/14/2018 04:40 AMPosted by Rizzaki
Another crybaby thread wahhh my class isn't OP I hate ion blah blah blah.

I love the game and respect ion and believe the team is working hard to address issues

Literally no Shaman is complaining about not being OP. They're complaining that the spec feels like absolute garbage to play. The rotation is basically "Wait for Stormstrike procs...in the meantime, I don't know, hit Rockbiter off CD, I guess"

Oh and there's also the fact that your beloved Ion literally promised months ago that Enh needed a rework because they "didn't have time" before 8.0 and would have to wait for a future patch. Months of """"hard work""""" led to nothing more than buffs to unused talents that could/should have been hotfixed ages ago.

It's this blatant lie that has Shamans up in arms. There would be way more people complaining but looks like players are essentially abandoning the class. I myself only log on to my Shaman main an hour or two a week.
11/14/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Astrae
Literally no Shaman is complaining about not being OP. They're complaining that the spec feels like absolute garbage to play. The rotation is basically "Wait for Stormstrike procs...in the meantime, I don't know, hit Rockbiter off CD, I guess"

Oh and there's also the fact that your beloved Ion literally promised months ago that Enh needed a rework because they "didn't have time" before 8.0 and would have to wait for a future patch. Months of """"hard work""""" led to nothing more than buffs to unused talents that could/should have been hotfixed ages ago.

It's this blatant lie that has Shamans up in arms. There would be way more people complaining but looks like players are essentially abandoning the class. I myself only log on to my Shaman main an hour or two a week.

Seconded for shadow. Core rotational problems Blizzard said they would attempt to fix =/= crying for damage buffs because you aren't OP.

I'm not going to go as far as "they promised us" or "they lied", because Ion was very careful with his words to never say anything's for certain. But there hasn't even been an attempt to do what he said might happen.
"the only metric we care about is fun." - ion

is your class/spec still fun?

Not finding the few I play nearly as fun as they were a few months ago...
11/14/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Astrae
The rotation is basically "Wait for Stormstrike procs...in the meantime, I don't know, hit Rockbiter off CD, I guess"

Thank you. I didn't understand why I was so annoyed playing my Shaman, but this is exactly what I do when playing her.
11/07/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Dragoon
Balancing classes cannot be put on hold until the next content patch. It needs to be done continuously. They do not have enough staff for it.

I believe this to be the root of the problem. They are trying to run a MMO with a skeleton crew. We can all see the end result.