Blood DK being nerfed?

General Discussion
11/06/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Iceblockyou
Saw a BDK solo final boss in a +12 motherlode from about 30%.

That is a very low damage fight as most of the damage is aoe and his auto attacks are pretty weak.
11/06/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Jubearlee
"Heavily"?

It's not that big of a deal in the long run.

...says the privileged class.
11/07/2018 12:25 AMPosted by Kallus
11/07/2018 12:11 AMPosted by Molecula
If you actually played BDK seriously, you would know that they suck in every aspect of the game except for 5 man PVE.
Guess what type of PVE is being played the most? Ah, yes, 5 mans..

This xpac people are obsessed with representation and meta gaming.
Meta game: roll rogue/hunter and fill up the rest of the raid with Afflic locks if possible, Boomy on G'hunn.

GG. Imagine bring the class, not the player gameplay, but you also have no choice in any of your gear and you have no tier set. You only know what's good by representation at that point.

Utter and complete failure.
Yeah I only do well in raids because I overgear it and I know exactly what i am doing. When you undergear a raid as a blood DK it is REALLY not fun at all your HP is going away so fast that you can't keep up with your self heals.

You just described how every other non-monk tank feels in raids right now, except for the part where we don't have those self heals.

11/07/2018 02:06 AMPosted by Kallus
<span class="truncated">...</span>
More BDK's have completed M+15's than all other tanks combined.
Yeah so does that mean we need to be nerfed in raids too? Not really.

At this point more blood DK's have tanked mythic Uldir than even monks. They aren't confined to M+ but "suck in every aspect of the game except for 5 man PVE."

I don't want to see DK and BrM nerfed into the ground though. I just want to see the other tanks brought up closer to their level. But if the last few weeks of PTR notes are any indication, Blizzard is giving warriors and bears some small tweaks and calling it a day.
Blood dk is so oppressively strong that the rest of us don't even get to play. The nerfs were not nearly harsh enough to be honest.

11/06/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Kallus
Even in it's current state I feel much weakened compared to the legion blood DK,

Even after the nerfs blood dk will still be by a huge margin the best M+ tank.

How much fun do you think it is for Prot warriors and Bear druids to compete against you? Wahh boo hoo cry me a river you got a slap on the wrist nerf while the rest of us languish under your oppressive strength.
11/06/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Drolvarg
Can we get back to nerfing shaman plz?

NOoonooOOOoo
I heard they were being nerfed heavily next patch and I kind of wonder why? Even in it's current state I feel much weakened compared to the legion blood DK, that was extremely fun, not having to rely on some stupid PUG healer is fun I don't know why blizzard is trying to make you work with your team more and more. Don't they see how HOTS was a complete flop? It's fun to be self sufficient and do your own thing.

You shouldn't compare your current state to Legion DK's but rather compare yourself to the rest of the tank classes right now. In that context DK's are objectively much stronger in just about every scenario than the rest of us.

Now granted, I think the better solution would be to bring the rest of the tanks up to the level of DK's, but that's not typically how Blizzard works.
11/07/2018 03:34 AMPosted by Shippujinlai
Blood dk is so oppressively strong that the rest of us don't even get to play. The nerfs were not nearly harsh enough to be honest.

Even in it's current state I feel much weakened compared to the legion blood DK,

How much fun do you think it is for Prot warriors and Bear druids to compete against you? Wahh boo hoo cry me a river you got a slap on the wrist nerf while the rest of us languish under your oppressive strength.

Prot war and Bear would suck even if blood was deleted from the game
11/07/2018 03:34 AMPosted by Shippujinlai

The hate in this post rofl. Prot warriors and guardian druids aren't really affected right now. Both of those specs were tuned horribly, and play horribly compared to the other tanks. Not saying the incoming blood dk nerf isn't needed, but prot warriors and guardian druids need a buff/rework, no amount of blood dk nerfs will help them.
11/07/2018 01:27 AMPosted by Lockedheart
11/07/2018 12:28 AMPosted by Nesuah
Dont nerf what doesnt need fixing

so 10+sec of god mode where u only die to 1shot is fair to you?

becasue if it is...I got some news for you..

1. People that say that about Bonestorm obviously don't play the class as it only works for trash pulls.

2. Life isn't fair.
11/06/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Kallus
11/06/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Bearpunch
Blood death knights are unfortunately the only tanking class Blizzard forgot to drive completely into the ground and as a result are severely over represented .

As such, they are getting a series of minor nerfs that only succeed in making blood knight players slightly more miserable rather than making the rest of the ranks remotely competitive or enjoyable to play.
That's just blizzards way. Anything that is fun MUST BE STOPPED!

I can see how being OP and dominating is fun. Blizzard should not nerf an OP class. Must be nice. My spec is still towards the bottom (2nd to last in Mythic) as it was all of Legion. But yeah, I feel sooo bad for you and your spec. Must be rough.
meh the changes will only help sort the good DKs from the trash, and will only slowdown how they handle M+, Mnk stagger changes arnt even noticable, DH get no change which would indicate is the benchmark. the necrotic changes make prot paladins more desireable in some weeks, bears and warriors are getting a bit of love, infact i can see warriors geting a nerf soon after due to the chages they are getting can make them stupidly good if played correctly.
11/07/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Memnokers
bears and warriors are getting a bit of love, infact i can see warriors geting a nerf soon after due to the chages they are getting can make them stupidly good if played correctly.

Prot warriors already had their strongest Azerite trait nerfed so hard on the 8.1 PTR that they're potentially in a worse state overall in 8.1 than on live.

Bears got an okay damage tweak (from lowest dps tank to low-average dps tank) and a decent but fairly inconsequential buff to utility (roar cooldown).

There's as little reason as ever to use them in any BfA content. Blizzard just isn't willing to make any changes which might even slightly shake up the tank meta. The 8.1 patch is supposed to go live in a month, and as of right now, class/spec balance isn't much better than it has been since 8.0 began.
All they did was tweak the blood DK to be a little less desirable in raid tanking they will still be king of mythic plus....

I honestly dont think the development team have a clue to how to fix the SH#$ show for tanks....
11/07/2018 12:25 AMPosted by Kallus
11/07/2018 12:11 AMPosted by Molecula
If you actually played BDK seriously, you would know that they suck in every aspect of the game except for 5 man PVE.
Guess what type of PVE is being played the most? Ah, yes, 5 mans..

This xpac people are obsessed with representation and meta gaming.
Meta game: roll rogue/hunter and fill up the rest of the raid with Afflic locks if possible, Boomy on G'hunn.

GG. Imagine bring the class, not the player gameplay, but you also have no choice in any of your gear and you have no tier set. You only know what's good by representation at that point.

Utter and complete failure.
Yeah I only do well in raids because I overgear it and I know exactly what i am doing. When you undergear a raid as a blood DK it is REALLY not fun at all your HP is going away so fast that you can't keep up with your self heals.

Prot warriors are killing mythic Ghuun and +15 keys. There is a large amount of player ability not being factored in. DKs are super easy to be good at in 5 man content, that doesnt make them OP inherently.
So, veterans of the Third War goes from +60% Stam to +10% Stam and that doesn't cripple BDK greatly? The armor trade off is irrelevant. The Stamina is a problem. Even for M+. Good luck on Tyrannical!
11/08/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Nefaria
So, veterans of the Third War goes from +60% Stam to +10% Stam and that doesn't cripple BDK greatly?

Wow, is there any other upcoming change announced to compensate for losing 31% overall HP? That's a huge drop despite how strong BDKs have been so far in BfA.
11/06/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Bastinelli
Blood DKs have been OP for too long now. No King rules forever my son.
Someone tell this to Affliction. Even after Ion specifically called out Affliction in a Q&A during Legion, it has only gotten even stronger compared to other specs. Clearly game design is not important until enough people complain about it.
11/08/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Komara
11/08/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Nefaria
So, veterans of the Third War goes from +60% Stam to +10% Stam and that doesn't cripple BDK greatly?

Wow, is there any other upcoming change announced to compensate for losing 31% overall HP? That's a huge drop despite how strong BDKs have been so far in BfA.

It's been pointed out multiple times (in this thread no less) that Veteran of the Third War is unchanged for Blood at 60% stam and frost/unholy are getting their own version at 10% stam.

So it is not a nerf at all, and is in fact a buff to frost and unholy.
11/09/2018 12:10 AMPosted by Argorwal
11/08/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Komara

It's been pointed out multiple times (in this thread no less) that Veteran of the Third War is unchanged for Blood at 60% stam and frost/unholy are getting their own version at 10% stam.

So it is not a nerf at all, and is in fact a buff to frost and unholy.

Can you link a thread where this is being discussed? It hasn't been mentioned at all "in this thread no less." I don't play a DK, but data mining is sure misleading if this is just an arbitrary buff to DPS specs.
11/06/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Iceblockyou
Saw a BDK solo final boss in a +12 motherlode from about 30%.

To be fair, almost all his damage is avoidable.