Zandalari locks

General Discussion
Don't forget this guy either, check his ability list.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=136601/zaroco-the-grifter#abilities
To me demoniacs kind of sound like demon hunters. They trap a demon inside their bodies with arcane magic. Maybe that’s why?

Perhaps during vanilla, warlocks went to the Zandalari demoniac npc because that was their only person knowledgeable in the art of fel magic?
it seems odd for the zandalari to not have warlocks. and i dont even plan on playing a zandalari. it's hard to think of troll and not think of shaman, mage,
warlock.
The Zandalari are a contradictory enigma. They're Trolls that act like Trolls, but also don't act like Trolls. They espouse a savage but also "civilized" culture at the same time, often at odds with itself. They shy away from dark magic, but also use dark magics and worship dark loa.

I get that there's that whole Zul scapegoat excuse, but it seems the Zandalari don't even know what they want themselves to be.
11/06/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Revlol
Reasoning not to have is no connection to fel?

fun fact is demons arent fel.

fel magic has NOTHING to do with demons.
Yes, Demons CAN have fel, but that isnt a requirement.

also that link OP stated...would make them a DH not a warlock. (a warlock doesnt take in the soul of a demon.)
11/06/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Airc
The Zandalari are a contradictory enigma. They're Trolls that act like Trolls, but also don't act like Trolls. They espouse a savage but also "civilized" culture at the same time, often at odds with itself. They shy away from dark magic, but also use dark magics and worship dark loa.

I get that there's that whole Zul scapegoat excuse, but it seems the Zandalari don't even know what they want themselves to be.

That's what happens when you make a fantasy race that can LITERALLY DO EVERYTHING, but you also have to limit them so they don't make everyone else look like trash.
11/06/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Geldwind
That's what happens when you make a fantasy race that can LITERALLY DO EVERYTHING, but you also have to limit them so they don't make everyone else look like trash.

Still doesn't stop people from wanting Blood Elf everything on this side, though.
There's no reason for any race not to be a Warlock, honestly.

Warlocks used to operate in covens and in secret. They were societal outcasts that eschewed tradition and the trappings of their society to pursue dark, forbidden magic. Any member of any race could do this if they wanted to.

The problem is Blizzard also wants to treat you like a hero, not a villain, which you'd essentially be if you're a Warlock. (You're stealing souls and burning life magic for power, methods more depraved that the usual Murder Hobo. I'm not really interested in hearing about your Greater Good or Morally Grey).

Why not give them to the Zandalari? It's just class balance.
11/06/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Menard
11/06/2018 02:22 PMPosted by Metrohaha
I've seen a lot of people thinking Warlock is not included, but here is a picture of the slide shown at Blizzcon.
https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2018/november/WOWNXT034.jpg
Is that not confirmation that they are coming?

I see the website itself still shows otherwise, so maybe I'm missing out on something?
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth/features/allied-races

Blue post just came out saying they're a no go....mon.
Here's a post on it: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769549118#post-1
Idk why anyone would argue for zandalari warlocks over a demon hunter. That hero class needs to be opened up a bit and given a new starting area for other races trolls and zandalari should have access on horde side and human and kul tiran should have it on alliance I mean kul tirans are already monster hunter and what's a demon but a fancy monster
I would fully accept troll demon hunters into our fold. I'd probably make a Zandalari demon hunter. I'm definitely making a Zandalari paladin (prelate).
11/06/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Mahjong
A Demoniac would actually be much closer to a Demon Hunter than a Warlock, so yes, it does make sense. If you would like to ask Blizzard to relax their Demon Hunter racial restrictions, that would cover the Zandalari access to demons.

Okay but Zandalari Demon Hunters would be the boooomb.

Thanks for the correction. I never would have imagined an error like that could be made.
Sorry!
Sorry also to those looking forward to the combination.

If you ask me, the race and class combination thing needs to be removed entirely.
I feel like in 2018 there is no reason to be letting minor lore inhibit gameplay like this.
11/06/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Metrohaha

Thanks for the correction. I never would have imagined an error like that could be made.
Sorry!

If you ask me, the race and class combination thing needs to be removed entirely.
I feel like in 2018 there is no reason to be letting minor lore inhibit gameplay like this.

Yeah lets just remove the "rpg" out of MMORPG all together! Woo, screw immersion!!
11/06/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Mahjong
11/06/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Revlol
Lore establishes that zandalari do indeed tamper with fel / demon magic making the argument give against them illogical.
Lore establishes that the Zandalari enslave demons within their bodies, similar to what Demon Hunters do; there are no mentions of Zandalari Warlocks anywhere that I have found, or they are so obscure to be nearly non-existent.

You are making the argument that Zandalari should have Warlocks because of the Demoniac connection, which again is closer to that of the Demon Hunter. So go ahead and ask Blizzard for the Demon Hunter, change the starting area for Troll Demoniacs and you have fel-using Zandalari.
Lore establishes that Zandalari trolls are essentially doing what demonology warlocks were already doing since classic.
11/06/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Metrohaha

Sorry!

They have now also removed locks as an option on the allied race page you linked for dem trolls.

Their reasoning for removing it, "They don't have connection to fel" just seems weird to me. I mean, yes, yes they do which is also supported by the fact they made slides and website pages that lists Warlocks as available.
This is nonsense. They're scholars of all schools of magic and have noted researchers in the fel.
To say they cant be warlocks due to no relationship with the fel is just flatly incorrect and raises the question of : what relationship do they have with pandaren martial arts and culture? Cause they can be monks.
Hold up, weren't those quests completely removed in Cata?

As far as the official lore is concerned, Demoniacs don't exist anymore; unless there are other concrete references to them that still exist.
I'm going to make my KT name Nozandalock
wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA