Have to wonder if Classic will be DOA

Classic Discussion
because of faction balance. I think the best you can hope for is a 70-30 Horde favor balance with one exception, the server ASMONGOLD plays on

My advice, if you plan to play Alliance figure out what server ASMONGOLD is on and play on there because, IMHO, every other server will be heavily skewed Horde.

Just means if you plan to play Horde fully expect 45min-1hr BG queue times with WWWAAAYYY longer AV queues. Also expect to see WAY more Alliance premades if you are horde (it isn't that there is more Alliance premades its just since there are so few Alliance queueing that the odds of running into an Alliance premade is greatly increased)

Also IMHO Escape Artist is hands down the best PvP racial for Warriors
What you're saying is contradictory to private server data and vanilla data.

Plenty of people will play Alliance for no other reason than they're "pretty". If anything I'd say Alliance will be more populated on most servers.
because of faction balance. I think the best you can hope for is a 70-30 Horde favor balance with one exception, the server ASMONGOLD plays on

My advice, if you plan to play Alliance figure out what server ASMONGOLD is on and play on there because, IMHO, every other server will be heavily skewed Horde.

Just means if you plan to play Horde fully expect 45min-1hr BG queue times with WWWAAAYYY longer AV queues. Also expect to see WAY more Alliance premades if you are horde (it isn't that there is more Alliance premades its just since there are so few Alliance queueing that the odds of running into an Alliance premade is greatly increased)

Also IMHO Escape Artist is hands down the best PvP racial for Warriors

You might want to take a look at pserver census stats.
It's pretty balanced with just a slight more alliance.
More like 51/49 for alliance/horde
I really don't think this will be the case. There are a few reasons why alliance populations will be stable.

1. Alliance racials are far more tailored to Raiding than Horde.
2. Alliance are the only faction to have paladins.
3. Nostalgia. Since Alliance have Paladins I think many players who originally rolled one as their main will be inclined to make one again. In addition, anyone who played through the alliance quest chains may also be inclined to play through it again for nostalgia purposes.
4. PvP realms are faction locked, as such I can see people who has friends predominantly playing Alliance will probably be locked in to alliance if they wish to play with their friends at all (such is the case with me).
5. Dwarf Priests have Fear ward as their Priest Racial ability. This can trivialize some boss mechanics further pushing alliance to favor raiding guilds.
6. Since Raiding Gear is equally if not more powerful than a lot of PvP gear for many classes, hardcore pvpers may be incentivized to roll alliance to quickly obtain gear making ranking significantly easier in the early stages of the game.

These are just my arguments against it, I'm sure there are plenty out their that support a horde bias in the playerbase but I remain unconvinced.
No blood elves and you think it'll be 70/30 horde?

Really?
11/07/2018 06:46 AMPosted by Pwnbot
1. Alliance racials are far more tailored to Raiding than Horde.
That's putting it mildly. Fear ward from Dwarf Priests and Blessing of Salvation from paladins literally invalidate a significant number of the toughest raid mechanics.
So what if it is unbalanced. What’s the downside of playing on the under populated faction?
Alliance has always been the more popular faction, through every expansion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/486tdo/infographic_1_year_of_nostalrius_vanilla_wow_pvp/

Out of 2,300,000 players who created an account, and had a character over level 30, 51.1 percent were Alliance. 48.9 percent were Horde.

I'd say a higher percentage of the PvP crowd rolls Horde, which can sometimes lead to longer queus.

But pure population? Alliance always has more.
yeah no
Alliance is better when it comes to raiding and Horde is better when it comes to PvP. The difference, however, is still negligible. Just Dwarf Priests are ridiculously valuable is the main thing.
11/07/2018 07:20 AMPosted by Dibullba
Alliance is better when it comes to raiding and Horde is better when it comes to PvP. The difference, however, is still negligible. Just Dwarf Priests are ridiculously valuable is the main thing.

you can't discount paladins!
11/07/2018 07:26 AMPosted by Vlis
11/07/2018 07:20 AMPosted by Dibullba

Shamans are cooler from my perspective. Take note of my profile pic to understand the bias. Was literally the first class I got to max level during TBC. This is not to say paladin is bad in comparison. Just that Shamans had more flexibility in what they could offer.
11/07/2018 07:31 AMPosted by Dibullba
11/07/2018 07:26 AMPosted by Vlis

Shamans are cooler from my perspective. Take note of my profile pic to understand the bias. Was literally the first class I got to max level during TBC. This is not to say paladin is bad in comparison. Just that Shamans had more flexibility in what they could offer.

I just meant that I believe paladins were more valuable in regards to raiding than dwarf priests. shamans are a little more interesting than paladins in general, yes.
If there's a subscription then it will be dead within a year.
Classic will be super popular for like 30 days, then it will simmer down by 60-75% of its initial users. So yeah, queues will be an issue.
11/07/2018 06:30 AMPosted by Dealloc
What you're saying is contradictory to private server data and vanilla data.

Plenty of people will play Alliance for no other reason than they're "pretty". If anything I'd say Alliance will be more populated on most servers.

On the contrary, I play alliance for no other reason than i can be the ugliest race; dwarven female.
No, this isn't BFA. Alliance are vastly better in PvE due to paladins and dwarf priests.
Throw this on the growing pile of threads created by people who either don't understand vanilla or don't remember what it was like
i think there will be players but the drop off will be bad for do to 2 main reasons 1) most people who played back then are older and have less time to play 2) most younger players don't have the patience to play something like old world.