"We have developers working on mobile games for all of our Ips"

General Discussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOVfw5O5c1g

Our PC days are numbered, Blizz is changing to a mobile based company and this wil send the PC portion into garbage level content. Get ready for WoW mobile everyone!
Blizz May die, die, die, but PCMR never dies!
11/07/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Sinelus
Get ready for WoW mobile everyone!

Can you name other video games that have been untouched and maintain a playerbase in the millions over a 14 year period, or is this just "the sky is falling" kind of arguments because you wanted to start a thread and get The Up Votes?

Who cares if they move to mobile, are you all afraid that if they stop making video games you'll... I don't know.. wither up and fade away or something? You'll find something else to play - you don't have any real hobbies :(
Blizzard is trying to get EA to hold their beer it seems.
11/07/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Jubearlee

Can you name other video games that have been untouched and maintain a playerbase in the millions over a 14 year period, or is this just "the sky is falling" kind of arguments because you wanted to start a thread and get The Up Votes?

This affects the future of WoW heavily, with devs being moved to mobile projects, it damages what the identity of WoW was once, this would also explain the garbage level writing in BFA. If mobile ends up making more money, then they will turn into EA. I loved the early games EA once made years ago, but I haven't bought their games since they became money hungry and corrupt with micro transactions in everything and low quality games like Need For Speed Payback, a great IP once turned to a shadow.

This is what will happen to the current games Blizzard has if we don't react.
This is going to sound CRAZY but hear me out. We already have a version of WoW on the mobile, it's called Hearthstone. Ring a bell? It's been around a while and Warcraft is still kickin.

That still doesn't excuse announcing DI at Blizzcon and acting surprised by the response. That's the sort of thing that makes people question if you have any gamers left working for your company of it's all just marketing executives now.
11/07/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Sunday
if you have any gamers

Define "gamers"
This is going to sound CRAZY but hear me out. We already have a version of WoW on the mobile, it's called Hearthstone. Ring a bell? It's been around a while and Warcraft is still kickin.

The Sarcasm is strong with this one.
It's obvious blizzard doesn't play games anymore. They said it themselves. Mobile isn't gaming. It's bull!@#$ to hold you over on the toilet.
its where the money is.you pay $15 a month a mobile gamer will pay $15 a day.
11/07/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Mvura
if you have any gamers

Define "gamers"

People who play games that aren't on phones
11/07/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Rakknarr
It's obvious blizzard doesn't play games anymore. They said it themselves. Mobile isn't gaming. It's bull!@#$ to hold you over on the toilet.

Playing video games on a mobile device is gaming.

11/07/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Sunday

Define "gamers"

"People that don't do things I do don't get to be in my club"
Misrepresentation at its finest, OP. You left out one important word: NEW. Blizzard is working on "NEW mobile titles across all our IPs".

That means you won't see WoW mobile. You might see... WoW Pet Battles Mobile, or WoW Duels, or mobile titles based on World of Warcraft, but not World of Warcraft itself.

New titles.

That still doesn't excuse announcing DI at Blizzcon and acting surprised by the response. That's the sort of thing that makes people question if you have any gamers left working for your company of it's all just marketing executives now.

Hearthstone was basically a mobile game that was put on PC because they at least knew their audience was PC based not mobile THEN released a mobile game, not the other way around. Basically it wouldn't have mattered if they did, but Diablo was on PC first sense the first installment of it tell Diablo 3. I understand it's not as complicated of a game and could be on mobile, but the issue is you need to spend a large amount of time in Diablo (gearing, sockets, rifts, ect).

Diablo: immortal is supposed to be their new 'core' for diablo, a diablo that doesn't have hardcore mode, and who knows if it'll have rifts, rift sockets, and the like (also seasons) which the community likes to some extent......

But yeah, a game that requires many hours to play is supposed to be on mobile to be played casually when you have some down time from place to place.........
World of Warcraft Battle Pets Mobile. Bring it!
Soon Blizzard will be just like Valve. A lazy publisher who just pushes out lame games other people make and forsake all of their own. Has anyone heard when HL3 is coming out? Nah, Valve made their money, made their namesake, they're done. Now it's just money making time.
11/07/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Sarcasmic
Soon Blizzard will be just like Valve.

Yeah - nobody liked Team Fortress or Half-Life.

And nobody at all uses Steam.

Its kind of funny that we're in here mourning the death of PC gaming while throwing Valve, a bastion for PC gaming, under the bus.

Keep it up guys! Y'all are making so much sense today.
11/07/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Mvura

"People that don't do things I do don't get to be in my club"

People who don't understand jokes certainly can't be.
11/07/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Sinelus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOVfw5O5c1g

Our PC days are numbered, Blizz is changing to a mobile based company and this wil send the PC portion into garbage level content. Get ready for WoW mobile everyone!

Making a teensy bit of a leap, there, aren't we? Since when does adding one type of product to a company's mix equal eliminating some other type of product? Are there really that many Chicken Littles in the WoW playerbase?
11/07/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Sunday

Define "gamers"

And here simple-minded little me thought that a gamer is a person who plays games. Go figure.

Jeebus, people.