Why Loot Trading Is Bad For Classic WoW

Classic Discussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ETwzv8PgA

Discuss
>Alexensual

no thanks man
loot trading existed in Classic, it was called making a ticket and waiting 2 days.

grow up
11/07/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Beps
>Alexensual

no thanks man
loot trading existed in Classic, it was called making a ticket and waiting 2 days.

grow up

Using this logic you can justify flying mounts being in the game as you could fly you just had to go to a flight master. Yes that's a very extreme example but I think it applies. They claim loot trading is purely for when people accidentally loot items and so they won't make a ticket and clog up the customer support system but if they implement the system used in BfA currently loot trading won't be limited to just when those mistakes happen, it will most definitely be abused by many players as it is in current WoW.
>Alexensual

no thanks man

grow up

So was loot trading in classic or not? No it wasn't, opening a ticket and waiting for a third party to decide is NOT LOOT TRADING.
Did you even play classic?
>Alexensual

This dude is a cancer to the community. Most of the "experience" he claims to have come from private servers from 2014. The kid should grow up.
>Alexensual

no thanks man

grow up

When it takes 2 days to get a single item it most certainly reduces the frequency of this sort of occurrence.

Additionally, if the loot trade option persists for longer than 2 min, loot council guilds will be able to over optimize their raid setup.

I know that I will surely abuse this even if I do not like it; better to just not have the option in game.
11/07/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Comeat8CD69F
>Alexensual

This dude is a cancer to the community. Most of the "experience" he claims to have come from private servers from 2014. The kid should grow up.

His "experience" comes from actually playing the game in 2004. Did you?
NO LOOT TRADING AND SHARDING
11/07/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Comeat8CD69F
>Alexensual

Alex here. Can you post your account history like I can or?

https://imgur.com/a/AMeDBUJ
+1
No loot trading! It didn't exist in vanilla and will promote bad behavior.
Loot trading is Blizzard's way of saying "We care more about our time than yours". Sure it might save some GM time, but it's going to be disastrous for the community.

Why don't they just fix the UI if people keep clicking the wrong button by accident? Maybe move Need and Greed to opposite sides of the window? If you still click the wrong button despite that + the confirmation window then you've got some serious issues.

Also, I'd be fine with loot trading in raids but only if the item has to be traded back to the Master Looter for redistribution. Anything else is too susceptible to abuse.
11/07/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Konway
Loot trading is Blizzard's way of saying "We care more about our time than yours". Sure it might save some GM time, but it's going to be disastrous for the community.

Why don't they just fix the UI if people keep clicking the wrong button by accident? Maybe move Need and Greed to opposite sides of the window? If you still click the wrong button despite that + the confirmation window then you've got some serious issues.

Also, I'd be fine with loot trading in raids but only if the item has to be traded back to the Master Looter for redistribution. Anything else is too susceptible to abuse.

nah dude, there is more upsides than downsides, read this thread and it will change your mind.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769599263?page=2#post-30
11/07/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Windsheared
11/07/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Konway

nah dude, there is more upsides than downsides, read this thread and it will change your mind.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769599263?page=2#post-30
lol I already responded in that one.

I fully intend to exploit the hell out of loot trading if they're dumb enough to add it. Roll stacking will be necessary if you want to stay competitive.
There is no denying that there will likely be people that will look to abuse loot trading. Using the system in this manner is pretty much ninja looting. So what do you do with ninja looters?.... Don't group with them and make the community aware. Gkick people in your guild that are doing it. If you prefer the idea of opening tickets to have gear transferred by GMs... then go to retail where Blizzard can hold your hand through the amusement park.

Put simply, playing Classic means that you have to be proactive in many ways with the community. Ninja loot trading will only get you shunned out of the server.
PLEASE BLIZZARD!! PLEASE!!! NO LOOT TRADING... PLEASE.. DONT DO IT..
11/07/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Dibullba
There is no denying that there will likely be people that will look to abuse loot trading. Using the system in this manner is pretty much ninja looting. So what do you do with ninja looters?.... Don't group with them and make the community aware. Gkick people in your guild that are doing it. If you prefer the idea of opening tickets to have gear transferred by GMs... then go to retail where Blizzard can hold your hand through the amusement park.

Put simply, playing Classic means that you have to be proactive in many ways with the community. Ninja loot trading will only get you shunned out of the server.

lol, u aint gonna know if i'm loot trading, people aren't idiots.

If i'm a holy priest and my friend needs caster dps gear, i'll just say i'm going to be a shadow priest soon, and if i win the roll, i'll just pass the loot to my friend during or after the run.

2 hours to trade an item is a long time.

You think you can outsmart me? when i'm using you for free gear, you will be oblivious, so tell me what can you do about it ? hahaha