University Research Project Survey

General Discussion
I'm collecting data based on how focused players are in different in-game situations. Part of my research is finding out how players rank their own level of focus during gameplay. If you could take a second to fill out the survey for my study, that would be great. Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdU32DWCAKO34CR9eIkhuyiVqOiy20Akpn9ZSzzWWvLiK78DA/viewform
I'd add more questions, like "how likely are you to answer the phone while doing x?" "How likely are you to be about to wet yourself before you finally go to the bathroom while doing x?"

edit: How likely are you to stop doing x when your significant other says it's dinner time? How likely are you to be late for work because you lost track of time while doing x?

Just asking people about how focused they are on their activity may differ from results from questions about specific situations. More questions = a fuller data set.
Does seem like we are being a bit misled. Either that or college has gotten much easier than my days. Looks more like trying to get an idea of casual vs non-casual players.

OP, I did answer your survey so if its for real I hope you do well on the project.
Yeah, that's a pretty short survey. I'd also be interested to see results for PvP.
Good luck, though- I did it.
I focus more when the female avatars are scantily clad.
I'd also be interested to see results

So would I.

As yet we have never seen any from these "surveys"
9 & 5 respectively from me.

Raiding and dungeons I always paid attention cause I wanted to get things done.

Farming & junk is more of a throw Netflix on and go to town.
11/08/2018 12:22 AMPosted by Aehl
I'd also be interested to see results

So would I.

As yet we have never seen any from these "surveys"

I've seen literally thousands of these surveys. Not once were there results.

Generally what I picture happening here, is there's college kids taking either sociology or psychology classes and they have to do research for their class - like 5 or 10 different research projects for the semester. So, a few wow players are like "hey, why not do one on wow using surveymonkey or something". Multiply that times all the wow players currently taking soc/psych classes and...
Not once were there results.

I actually remember one guy on here seeing me say that and promising up and down to show us the results.

Did he?

Nope.
If that survey is really for a university level project, then I know someone who is going to fail big time.

Biased surveys will NOT get you anywhere at university. I would rethink the whole thing and add a few hundred more questions relating to ALL activities in the game.
11/07/2018 02:09 PMPosted by ßrând
I'm collecting data based on how focused players are in different in-game situations. Part of my research is finding out how players rank their own level of focus during gameplay. If you could take a second to fill out the survey for my study, that would be great. Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdU32DWCAKO34CR9eIkhuyiVqOiy20Akpn9ZSzzWWvLiK78DA/viewform

i am currently playing WoW, another game and reading/posting on the forum - that is how focused I am on WoW.

And you seriously are asking only two questions - for university work ?
Sorry.wouldn't answer to questions ,data farming.
I farted.