"Many of our best devs working on mobile"

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Hear it straight from the horses mouth at 2:09 in the video.

https://youtu.be/BOVfw5O5c1g

PC gamers built this company but apparently we're not the future of the company.
Blizzard is dead to me.

What a joke.
I wish I could say I'm surprised.
It's rough when you're a single child and there's another sibling born... but it'll be okay, you aren't being replaced. You're just becoming a larger family.
I guarantee you that WoW will still make Blizzard more money than Diablo Immortal.
Well, now you know why WoW's quality has been in steady decline.

And why there is no PC Diablo release.

HoTS failed

Hearthstone is a cash cow

OW Blizzard's "esport" entry.

All the best devs have been shunted to mobile to woo the Chinese. We don't matter anymore.
Mobile games (with the exception of MAAAYBE a half dozen titles) are the worst thing to ever happen to the gaming industry. It bugs me to death when people use the word TOXIC to describe something but I think it applies perfectly to mobile gaming.

It's a shame that blizzard has sacrificed gameplay to chase the almighty dollar, or in this case, the almighty YUAN.

Some bean counter up the chain decided it was better to shift focus away from the US / EU market and instead focus on the Chinese market, let's not kid ourselves that's EXACTLY where the bulk of the money from mobile games is generated.

Fire that guy.

Focus on the customers who built your company.
11/07/2018 07:58 PMPosted by Zingashi
I guarantee you that WoW will still make Blizzard more money than Diablo Immortal.

Sadly, no.
and suddenly all the good people leaving blizzard makes sense now so sad to see them so distant from us really sad to see them go down like this :(((
Makes sense to me - mobiles are the future, particularly as they become more and more powerful
If it wasn't a projected monetary gold mine they wouldn't have saved the announcement for blizzcon. This was THE highlight of blizzcon (in their opinion), it was their "big new reveal" for the entire event. It's news overshadowed EVERYTHING ELSE as intended.

In the dim light of the seedy corporate offices this is exactly the payout they wanted. You can always replace customers, you can't always replace your gold mine.
That is how it is. It is all about the money, that is how companies stay alive. Do I agree with this decision, no. It is a sad day for games, when they go to mobile.
Guys this is a good thing! Now WoW can finally be played on the go shortly, and those of you that use the forums during work can play during work instead :]
Can't wait for World of Warcraft: Classic - Mobile Edition Next year.
11/07/2018 08:06 PMPosted by Pandal
Makes sense to me - mobiles are the future, particularly as they become more and more powerful

Mobile games will always have a mere fraction of the power of a real gaming platform. Heck even a PS4 or Xbox is nearly 100x more powerful then the best phone. Not even going to get into interface which is a sad joke for mobiles.

A PC can be upwards of 10k times better than the BEST mobile device, this probably will never change, definitely not in the next 20 years.

Games made for mobile will likely be a shadow of the quality of a proper gaming system for our entire lives. Any company that dives into the world of mobile right now is doing it for ONE REASON. Greed.
Should I get an iPhone XS or XS Max for when WoW goes mobile in 2019? I’m so conflicted
11/07/2018 08:10 PMPosted by Tyierin
Guys this is a good thing! Now WoW can finally be played on the go shortly, and those of you that use the forums during work can play during work instead :]

Tap the screen repeatedly to gank while on a Rogue!

Only $12.99 to purchase a one shot ability button for a single use per gank.
it doesnt take much to do a p2w iphone game.i think everyone is over reacting a bit.

dont get me wrong they DID mess up by announcing a mobile game to pc gamers.