"Many of our best devs working on mobile"

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
I've got 9 mobile games on my phone, I'd have more if I had the space. (When I go back to the States I'll probably get my iPad out of storage) True I only log in for the login bonuses on most of them, but only because lately I've been playing wow and don't have the time to play them all.

But y'all don't give mobile games any credit. WTH. Yes most of them are garbage but they are some legit apps I'd call games. PC master race crap is annoying as hell.

I've got a PS4, a Switch, my outdated gaming laptop and my phone; I game on all of them, and I wish I had more time in a day to play on all of them. I just like games. What's wrong with y'all? They're games. Mobile games are great for getting your game fix while on the freakin' go, like c'mon.

Just like none of you have actually given mobile games any real chance.

My games, sorted by use/RMT:
Dragonball Dokkan Battle (might be simple but sometimes simple is there best way to go, def enjoy it; will occasionally spend money every few months, otherwise the game throws stones at you for playing.)

Fire Emblem Heroes (started out barren of content but Nintendo's really built on what they started, also throws out orbs like candy for playing the game, I sometimes spend money once every few months)

Games I'm just logging in to right now:
Kingdom Hearts Union X (lots of story content, I actually really like the combat, they've got raids and guilds)

Mobius Final Fantasy (3d action rpg sort of, generic story but I think it's fun)

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius (great if you like old school jrpg kind of stuff, lots of great fan service characters but they can be a little stingy on the currency)

Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia (I think it's a fantastic game, love the franchise, there's a story mode, group content, they throw currency at you for playing)

Gaydorado (gay rpg sim game? It's honestly not great but fills a niche lol also poorly translated)

Dragon Ball Bucchigiri Match (Japan only browser card game, not the best but fun on the go)

Should leave your echo chamber and at least give it a freakin' chance. Sheesh.

Sure there's corporate hands in the cookie jar but the devs want to make fun games, sure they might be out of touch, but damn, you all have no chill. I say give it a chance at least sheesh.

Edit: wow sorry for the typos
You don't put a team of your worst devs or just average devs on a new project.
11/07/2018 07:58 PMPosted by Zingashi
I guarantee you that WoW will still make Blizzard more money than Diablo Immortal.

I doubt it.

Say hello to micro-transactions
11/07/2018 08:36 PMPosted by Iyoma
You don't put a team of your worst devs or just average devs on a new project.

You also don't release only information about a mobile game at your own convention when you've teased like you're releasing a new PC game.
11/07/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Snowfox
It's rough when you're a single child and there's another sibling born... but it'll be okay, you aren't being replaced. You're just becoming a larger family.

There's nothing you or anyone else can say that will make this okay. They're putting their "best devs" on a !@#$ty mobile game that's likely going to be a gacha-infested nightmare. If you're okay with that, then you're part of the problem.
11/07/2018 08:11 PMPosted by Thalerion
11/07/2018 08:06 PMPosted by Pandal
Makes sense to me - mobiles are the future, particularly as they become more and more powerful

Mobile games will always have a mere fraction of the power of a real gaming platform. Heck even a PS4 or Xbox is nearly 100x more powerful then the best phone. Not even going to get into interface which is a sad joke for mobiles.

A PC can be upwards of 10k times better than the BEST mobile device, this probably will never change, definitely not in the next 20 years.

Games made for mobile will likely be a shadow of the quality of a proper gaming system for our entire lives. Any company that dives into the world of mobile right now is doing it for ONE REASON. Greed.

It may have a fraction of the power and, for what it's worth, I completely 100% totally agree. PC and other systems built specifically for gaming are much better. I prefer my PC to any other gaming platform.

While a phone may possibly process a game like Diablo, the battery won't last and what it costs to stream it as data will take all of your lunch money for like, 10 years. So if you want to play a game on your phone for longer than a visit to the loo or sitting in the doctor's office, you will need a power source that can furnish juice for more than a few hours. Having to plug your phone into a power source just makes me smh.

But. . .this phone trashware has 100e10 more suck... er... customers. The mxt alone are a gold mine and there are more Chinese with mobile addictions than there are PC gamers on Earth.

It's a horrible and sad truth.

I can only console myself that legislation, both pending and on the drawing board all over the world will put a stop to the predation of mxt in these games. Already, many countries, including China, have begun to crack down.
Good thing is they are working hard on the raiding experience with mobile for next WOW expansion which is slated to be mobile only.

Got to give it a chance though.
Oh my god you people lol. Do you watch more than the first bits? Go to 8:18 in. Hyperbole, you people are just looking stupid at this point.
11/07/2018 08:11 PMPosted by Thalerion
Heck even a PS4 or Xbox is nearly 100x more powerful then the best phone.

Not quite so much.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/11/apple-walks-ars-through-the-ipad-pros-a12x-system-on-a-chip/

so the top of the line iPad pro = the last xbox?

But blizzard to blizzcon, we have not decide the pricing model.
Blizzard to Kotaku, not even 24 hours later its going to be free to play.

Activisions earnings half of what they make is from earnings from services ie free to play elements.

Oh its going to be 40$ a month to play on top of the initial cost. Nobody buys it

5$ here and 13.99 here and its 2 months before you check your credit Card and realise your actually spending $40 a month, Quiting a game your already playing because is too expensive is a lot harder then just not buying it. This of course something activision knows well.
11/07/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Divademonica
Oh my god you people lol. Do you watch more than the first bits? Go to 8:18 in. Hyperbole, you people are just looking stupid at this point.

What's weird is I'm hearing both these narratives.

"Blizzard's Mobile stuff is going to be made cheap/crappy in China and that's bad"
"Blizzard's Mobile stuff is going to be made by all their best devs and that's bad"

It's like.. pick a narrative, people.
11/07/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Snowfox
11/07/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Divademonica

"Blizzard's Mobile stuff is going to be made cheap/crappy in China and that's bad"
"Blizzard's Mobile stuff is going to be made by all their best devs and that's bad"

Mobile games are just bad.
11/07/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Adelphie
11/07/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Snowfox

Mobile games are just bad.

I mean.. that's how I kind of feel about pet battles.

.. but I get how it's something others love.
11/07/2018 07:50 PMPosted by Thalerion
Hear it straight from the horses mouth at 2:09 in the video.

https://youtu.be/BOVfw5O5c1g

PC gamers built this company but apparently we're not the future of the company.

To be fair, what would you expect them to say.... "we have our least skilled folks working on mobile titles" ?
11/07/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Velara
11/07/2018 07:58 PMPosted by Zingashi
I guarantee you that WoW will still make Blizzard more money than Diablo Immortal.

Sadly, no.

Sadly true.

Here is how mobile games make money. they are in that "its just $2" selling mode.

Its users just give up $2 here, $2 there. Over time they lose track. Because...its Just $2.

My wife like this. I go to the store. Buy say a $50.00 game for my switch. her: Do I need that? me: duh yes. her: Its $50 upfront. me: Yes, yes it is dear.

this is the same women who is a mobile game fan. One of her mobile games...has been $3 in apps about every 2 weeks for a few months now. $6 a month give or take at least. She does not see this. I do. She is pushing over 40 for 1 game. With no sign of stopping.

See a real game is that one time buy. Maybe a dlc or 2 after. With my gaming backlog...I can even wait for sales on steam really months later. I got games to occupy my time.

Mobile game user in time can spend more than a PC or console gamer. Its just $2...10's of its just $2.

Unlike my say red dead redemption 2. I play that a bit on wow break nights. I got one of the higher end package deals. I will get my $80+ worth. And then some. I am one of those replay/reroll freaks who has 1000+ hours in fallout 4 and skyrim a piece lol.
The forums are so lazy today that I'm just going to quote myself quoting myself from another thread.

11/07/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Kikk
The forums are so lazy today that I'm just going to quote myself from another thread.

11/07/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Kikk
Because video game companies always say "we put the middle-rank guys on the new mobile project, they'll probably do okay but who knows" when plugging new projects...

You guys are in rare form today.
Calm down, they didn't say ALL their best devs are on mobile, especially if half the team is from that Chinese company. And if the game is made with Unity (as most mobile games including Hearthstone tend to be) their best programmers almost certainly don't work on it.
The pruning makes a LOT more sense now.

WoW mobile.

To quote Brevik's wife: YEP
Activision is where the money is.

We are getting old and the new generation its coming to conquer the gaming industry with their mobiles.
Now everything makes sense.

The developers in WoW are a bunch of amateur monkeys with no idea of what makes a good MMORPG works XD

Have faith in the future, tho!

Fun times.
The world has changed, I feel it in the community. I feel it in the forums. I smell it in the developers. Much that once was is lost. For none now play who remember it.

It began with the making of the great franchises, Starcraft was given to the RTS players, the most strategic and cunning of all players. Diablo was given the the ARPG fans, great grinders and farmers of gear. And Warcraft, warcraft was given to the MMO players who above all else desired a gaming community.

Within these franchises was the strength and will to govern each playerbase. But they were all of them deceived... for another game was made. In the town of Irvine in the office of Blizzard entertainment, the dark lord Activision forged in secretly their master game. To control all others. Into this game they poured their cruelty, their malice and their will to dominate the gaming community with micro transactions.

One game to destroy them all.