"Many of our best devs working on mobile"

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
11/07/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Divademonica
Oh my god you people lol. Do you watch more than the first bits? Go to 8:18 in. Hyperbole, you people are just looking stupid at this point.

There's no point in trying to reason with them. Trust me, I've tried.
Thanks Blizz --- your telling us that your most successful product ( WOW) is not the top priority even when its almost 15 yrs old but i am guessing your best money maker or at least the most active players.

Call me crazy but your most popular game should have your BEST on it not a stupid mobile game. However i think that statement is complete and utter BS just to make the players think it will be cutting edge and play it once released.

You cannot even be honest with your player base that spends a lot of money to fly/drive ( OR digital Ticket) in to be at your event. Everyone who spends there hard earned money deserves a certain amount of truth and not a line a BS. This is not a way to get players to return to the event or play your games.

You guys are a step or 2 from going the way of EA -- a bunch of greedy POS that care more about money then making good games.
11/07/2018 09:42 PMPosted by Snowfox
11/07/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Adelphie

Mobile games are just bad.

I mean.. that's how I kind of feel about pet battles.

.. but I get how it's something others love.

I play PC games because I like immersion and I have the disposable income for it.

Mobile games cannot give me the immersion I'm seeking. No matter how you cut it, the mobile experience is a cheaper, less immersive experience than the PC at the highest level.

I don't care that they're moving to mobile though. Not anymore. Someone will fill the void and make something for PC gamers. That's always been true.

An important point: They will lose customers. For example I own zero mobile games. That won't change with Blizzard making them.
11/07/2018 10:12 PMPosted by Pikkarg
An important point: They will lose customers. For example I own zero mobile games. That won't change with Blizzard making them.

Will they though?

Numerically, is that what you really think will happen?
11/07/2018 10:12 PMPosted by Snowfox
11/07/2018 10:12 PMPosted by Pikkarg

Will they though?

They will lose customers as they gain customers.

If their goal is to move to the mobile market then they'll be fine. But I won't be a customer of theirs anymore.

Is that clear enough for you?
Actiblizz just cashing out on a popular market, they don't care about anyone.

Bottom line is king and they'll probably make bank with this.

This game basically died for me with BFA and I don't play any other Blizzard games so I can't say that I care too much either way.

It's funny seeing the crazy backlash though.
11/07/2018 10:15 PMPosted by Pikkarg
11/07/2018 10:12 PMPosted by Snowfox
Will they though?

If their goal is to move to the mobile market then they'll be fine. But I won't be a customer of theirs anymore.

Seems a bit silly, to me.

I'll still be playing wow on PC even there's a wow mobile.
11/07/2018 10:17 PMPosted by Snowfox
11/07/2018 10:15 PMPosted by Pikkarg

I won't because the fundamental design principles will change from "What's immersive?" to "What can run on a toaster?"

Don't you see that? The character pruning. The GCD changes. The way the questing works. WoW has already been impacted by the mobile direction. It'll only get worse as time goes on.
11/07/2018 10:19 PMPosted by Pikkarg
11/07/2018 10:17 PMPosted by Snowfox

I won't because the fundamental design principles will change from "What's immersive?" to "What can run on a toaster?"

Don't you see that? The character pruning. The GCD changes. The way the questing works. WoW has already been impacted by the mobile direction. It'll only get worse as time goes on.

No.. I don't really see that. WoW is more complex than ever.
11/07/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Snowfox
It's rough when you're a single child and there's another sibling born... but it'll be okay, you aren't being replaced. You're just becoming a larger family.
In b4 WoW comes to PS4 and xbone.
11/07/2018 08:06 PMPosted by Pandal
Makes sense to me - mobiles are the future, particularly as they become more and more powerful
Eh, mobile isn't ALWAYS going to be the future I suspect.

If I remember the console/ PC market is larger than the mobile market in US/EU. It's just the East. They just don't have home internet and gaming PC's and modern consoles on a wide scale yet. So they all game on their 3rd rate Android clones.
11/07/2018 10:21 PMPosted by Ughash
It's rough when you're a single child and there's another sibling born... but it'll be okay, you aren't being replaced. You're just becoming a larger family.
In b4 WoW comes to PS4 and xbone.

That itself wouldn't be as bad as people think, tbh. FF XIV works with much larger rotations, they just use another type of action bar. Something similar "might" be needed for WoW, but it could certainly work.
11/07/2018 10:21 PMPosted by Snowfox
11/07/2018 10:19 PMPosted by Pikkarg

No.. I don't really see that. WoW is more complex than ever.

I don't see how you arrived at that conclusion having witnessed character progression from vanilla to MoP and then WoD to BFA. I really don't.
11/07/2018 10:23 PMPosted by Pikkarg
I don't see how you arrived at that conclusion having witnessed character progression from vanilla to MoP and then WoD to BFA. I really don't.

Let me put it this way.. do you really foresee somebody doing healing for a mythic 10, all the abilities, dealing with all the movement and affixes and targeted heals, etc... on a mobile phone?
11/07/2018 10:29 PMPosted by Snowfox
11/07/2018 10:23 PMPosted by Pikkarg

Let me put it this way.. do you really foresee somebody doing healing for a mythic 10, all the abilities, dealing with all the movement and affixes and targeted heals, etc... on a mobile phone?

So yeah. You're fine with simplifying the game to the degree it can be played with two thumbs.

Why didn't you just say that in the first place?
11/07/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Pikkarg
11/07/2018 10:29 PMPosted by Snowfox

So yeah. You're fine with simplifying the game to the degree it can be played with two thumbs.

Why didn't you just say that in the first place?

Because that's not even remotely what I said on any level.

You just came up with that, literally, from your butt.
So what happens when the tank runs out of data in the middle of the raid :D or the healer can't find a place to plug in on the train home from work :D

I guess people will have a pretty good excuse for standing in stuff

I look at it more like a “it’s ok being a dad of a teenager and young adult. They start life really liking you and then they grow up and find other friends and interests and you just don’t hear from them that much, but they still love you and know you’re around.”

Total Cats in the Cradle kind of thing going on.
sad but all American company now days is to chase the money. they don't care about customers. just the money. I don't think there going to be a long standing market for this. as most are pretty much lame ducks with so much micro transaction to play. Do not see how it can keep going. Think toys are us an dhow it eventually died. Yet that why they making money and we sitting here second guessing them.
Well, there's your problem, Blizz.