Day That Hope Died (Belf Heritage)

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
https://i.imgur.com/gixErL8.jpg

"Shindu fallah na, Sin'dorei."

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the "Blood Elves" only start referring to themselves as the Sin'dorei after Arthas' slaughter of their people, not during the slaughter? Why would Sylvanas call her people the Sin'dorei when they were still Quel'dorei at the time?
The new writers have forgot alot of the old stuff apparently or they just ignore it. Would imagine that blizz would require them to actually read and catch up on wow lore before having them work on writting it.
Oo
One could get the impression that blizzard doesn't care for its game anymore. Not only is the belf heritage armor underwhelmingly bad designed, no, the questline is a letdown, too.
I like the design personally, and the quest line isn't that bad (aside from the major lore error I posted).
Eh, 'sin'dorei' just means children of blood, she might've just been 'flowery' with her language there... but it is pretty awkward.
11/07/2018 10:57 PMPosted by Felicious
I like the design personally
Now that we have real tunics (see leather and mail warfront sets) it could have been so much more. The lack of 3d design elements in the lower half is disappointing. It may look good on casters, but this set is in no way appropriate for a plate class.
But that's just my opinion, I don't want to derail this thread.
11/07/2018 10:49 PMPosted by Belerian
Oo
One could get the impression that blizzard doesn't care for its game anymore. Not only is the belf heritage armor underwhelmingly bad designed, no, the questline is a letdown, too.

They have their best people on mobile games now.
This may not be a contradiction, he says it is a poetic retelling and Sin'dorei means something like children of blood or some such. The name Sin'dorei was natural enough to the elves that they adopted it over their former name for themselves quickly. It wasn't necessarily thought up on the spot. Sylvanas could've said it at some point.

I always felt like it came much later though. Because the Elves were "High" and they were made low by Arthas, it would probably start to feel ironic to call themselves high elves after a while.
I've stopped even reading quest text. Makes me less sad 8'D
Even your Felguard is lookin' at Lor'themar like, "What?"
11/08/2018 03:56 AMPosted by Felmancer
Even your Felguard is lookin' at Lor'themar like, "What?"

Hahahaha.

But yeah, maybe a mistake of the devs like calling Tyrande queen. They might fixt it now, though.
11/08/2018 12:49 AMPosted by Kelorillian
I've stopped even reading quest text. Makes me less sad 8'D

To the point of that to. Hoping more players start to ignore the lame questing text. Just to strike back at the writers. Most the time I'm just looking at the map"go here kill X amount of mobs", etc. Use to be engaged to read some of the stuff during wotlk . But the writing has gotten weak and lame. These are the same writers that produce the books they sell . Players really should start questioning if its worth buying the books. If the lore/story ends up suffering at the hands of those that bring us the lame questlines in game. Golden is one of the writers that comes up with this along with Steve Danuser and others. Supporting the writers with buying the books only fuels there narrative and direction. The game suffers afterwards from the horrible writing.

Even play with sound/voice off just to listen to music and stuff on youtube. Got to the point were its underwhelming to listen to wow music or hear the voice acting. Use to enjoy it but after the questing/story started getting worse. I opted out to hear tne music /npc voices.
11/07/2018 11:36 PMPosted by Ugom
Eh, 'sin'dorei' just means children of blood, she might've just been 'flowery' with her language there... but it is pretty awkward.

Maybe they're suggesting she was actually the one who coined the name?
11/07/2018 08:06 PMPosted by Felicious

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the "Blood Elves" only start referring to themselves as the Sin'dorei after Arthas' slaughter of their people, not during the slaughter? Why would Sylvanas call her people the Sin'dorei when they were still Quel'dorei at the time?

seems like a retcon to me. Kael named the blood elves, after he destroyed the sunwell. it had nothing to do with sylvanas. she was a controlled undead at that time.
he named them Sin'dorei right before he left for outlands, post destruction of the sunwell.

to be specific; when arthas attacked, Kael was in dalaran. sylvanas was killed and turned into a banshee, in his service. they continued toward the sunwell, where arthas met anasterian. the king was killed and they went on to corrupt the sunwell, by rez'ing kel'thuzad. word was sent to Kael in dalaran and he rushed back to quel'thalas. where arthas had already gone, 90% of his people killed- along with his father. with theron's help, he buried his father and went to see the sunwell's devastation. while there, he realized that this corruption was killing those who still lived and at that very time, there was a sneak attack by the amani trolls. Kael made a hard choice and decided to kill two birds with one stone. he destroyed the sunwell and with it, obliterated the amani within the area. as well as any lingering undead.

after they gathered themselves, he tried to give hope to the people and encourage them. being deep in sorrow and pain. he gave them their new name and left theron in charge. he promised that he would find a way to restore their former glory, as well as save them from their addiction and situation. he then set out for outlands.

so why, all of a sudden- is this one specific detail "changed"? everything else seems to be correct but why is sylvanas being given the credit, for something she wasnt even there for?
hmmm. and why give Kael a new model, only to show it for no longer than 5 seconds?
why does it seem like they have a big problem with even saying his name? in dialog or otherwise. i thought this scenario was supposed to shine light onto a hero, not a forbidden word.
You also still got green eyes during that quest. Blizzard and Consistency don't go well in the same phrase.

report it as a bug. due to quest text. it is incorrect.
Sin'dorei is more of a faction than a race. Think the British before the American revolution. If you died during that war I think the fallen would still be considered American even if the country hadn't gained independence yet. If you fought in the Scourge war then you were part of the Sin'dorei. It gets a bit messy when the name of them is in remembrance of those slain refers to themselves as that. It's more accurate than Quel'dorei in this sense.

It's complicated once you involve undead elves who fought in that war. But Quel'dorei is a separate faction of elves.

The truth is while Sin'dorei is more accurate referring to these elves because they are the same people, those who died and were risen in the war aren't Quel'dorei or Sin'doeri. They are forsaken or scourge.

report it as a bug