The Ion Hazzikostas Appreciation Thread

General Discussion
I already thanked them with money.
Obvious joke

current state of the game is an ongoing example of why
class design/balance >>>>>>>>>>>>>> shoving out more content

content irrelevant if classes arent fun to play
11/08/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Tykho
I want to start off this thread by thanking Ion Hazzikostas for all the hard work he and his team put into wow on a daily basis.

As a player and a fan of the game himself, Ion understands us fellow players and puts in an enormous effort into enhancing every aspect of wow to make it a polished and balanced experience.

I love the class designs and am excited to see Ion's vision come to life patch by patch.

Unfortunately many wow "veterans" aren't on board with Ion's grand vision, and think they know better than one of the head developers for one of the biggest games of all time.

Fear not, you guys can all fall back on Guild Wars or any other inferior mmo out there. We here support Ion and are excited to see what awaits in the future of this great expansion.

We love you Ion and hope you continue creating content that is beloved by all for years to come.

All hail the king.

This will not get you MVP.

0/10 and minus 5 because it's not Sunday.
11/08/2018 12:30 PMPosted by Velara
I want to..

This will not get you MVP.

Okay, just fair warning, but you're starting to overuse that line.
11/08/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Snowfox
I'm only half joking when I say I think Ion should go win a Trial of Style.

I don't question he's probably great for knowing what the endgame mythic stuff people want. I just think it'd be healthy for him to also experience some of the completely opposite side to that.

Hed never win when kit is there
97 wins
( https://imgur.com/a/pDNu8TP )
11/08/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Kitanana

I don't question he's probably great for knowing what the endgame mythic stuff people want. I just think it'd be healthy for him to also experience some of the completely opposite side to that.

Hed never win when kit is there
97 wins
( https://imgur.com/a/pDNu8TP )

Well, I'd like for him to have the whole experience.

Like, he'll go - then not win, because the odds are only ever 1 in 5 at best anyway.

So he'll try to make some better outfits. If he's been raiding, he'll have some - but he'll have to look at them a bit differently, just in terms of pure aesthetics. That may not even be enough though, and he may find he has to go refarm some old raids for some pieces. He'd have to go through the same soloing or grouping pains, the same dealing with different expansion lockouts,etc.

At the end of that, I think he'd find he came away with a new perspective on it.
chill guy Classic coming so no more complaining.. if someone does then this game not for him
11/08/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Monnserrat
Ion...why do you post on the forums using alts?

It's a fun game feature for certain employees called the RNG Alt generator. It randomly generates an alt with an apparent player history for hit and run forum posting.
Part of Ion's job is to talk to players (us) on behalf of the dev team and on behalf of Blizzard. I think he does a very good job of that. He takes a complicated mess of opinions, half-goals and plans and turns it into a simple "OUR current thinking and planning" for players.

Some players misinterpret that simplifying as everthing being Ion's idea: he decides and the team obeys. I feel sure that isn't true. He is the manager, and a manager must listen to his people.

And I'm sure that some of the big decisions (flying, pruning, prices, tokens, etc.) were not made by the dev team at all. The idea that the dev team runs the company is silly, to me. Blizzard is a retail corporation competing in a retail market. Their market experts tell them what they need to do. Their executives decide. The dev teams follows orders.

Then Ion tries to explain it to players (us) in a way we will accept. That doesn't always work...

[X] I am not a robot.
11/08/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Spellchaser
11/08/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Monnserrat
Ion...why do you post on the forums using alts?

It's a fun game feature for certain employees called the RNG Alt generator. It randomly generates an alt with an apparent player history for hit and run forum posting.

Must be nice dealing with me then.. A literal constant for 13 years.
One thing I forgot to mention is how much effort Ion and his team have put into increasing communication with the players. ... Ion understands how important communication is and for that we thank you.

Now you gotta be trolling.
His team may have improved transmog but their decision to remove flying nearly took off half the game's subscribers. We should have had more subs at this point.
I love the class designs

Huh?

He doesn't even T-mog his gear.

How do you guys know this? What does his toon look like?

@ op how did you type that and keep a straight face.
I want to start off this thread by thanking Ion Hazzikostas for all the hard work he and his team put into wow on a daily basis.

As a player and a fan of the game himself, Ion understands us fellow players and puts in an enormous effort into enhancing every aspect of wow to make it a polished and balanced experience.

I love the class designs and am excited to see Ion's vision come to life patch by patch.

Unfortunately many wow "veterans" aren't on board with Ion's grand vision, and think they know better than one of the head developers for one of the biggest games of all time.

Fear not, you guys can all fall back on Guild Wars or any other inferior mmo out there. We here support Ion and are excited to see what awaits in the future of this great expansion.

We love you Ion and hope you continue creating content that is beloved by all for years to come.

All hail the king.

"Troll Hunter"?
You couldn't have picked a better named class character to start this thread.
You are trolling right? I mean Ion...dude...brO!... COME ON!!
I miss Tseric.....:-(

Huh?

He doesn't even T-mog his gear.

How do you guys know this? What does his toon look like?

@ op how did you type that and keep a straight face.

It's known who he is.

I'm posting it here because anybody can find it literally with "ion character armory", I'm not exactly doxxing him..

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/malganis/gurgthock

You and I agree on this. The game needs some leaders who understand the many players who play for reasons other than to compete in group content. It could be Ion if he has the bandwidth, but it might be more productive to bring in someone who plays the game in other ways.
It's a little too soon for an April Fool's Joke

ROFL

All hail the king.

I know you are trying to stir the pot, but I will make this one statement. I know best what I like better than that dork Ion would ever understand.