The Ion Hazzikostas Appreciation Thread

General Discussion
its hard to detect sarcasm in text but im pretty sure ive detected it here
11/08/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Humphumphus
its hard to detect sarcasm in text

That's why I never ever resort to sarcasm and always keep it serious.
11/08/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Snowfox
11/08/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Humphumphus
its hard to detect sarcasm in text

That's why I never ever resort to sarcasm and always keep it serious.

lel
11/08/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Healseeker
His hype or uncontrollable use of his hands? He gives me a headache just watching him!

A high skilled shinobi like Ion is always prepared for an attack.

That's why he's weaving so many ninjutsu hand signs while he's exposed to the public.
"My suck up to Ion" azerite trait isn't unlocked yet.

Let me grind some islands and WQ's first and i'll be back.
11/08/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Healseeker
11/08/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Berrye
I liked him a LOT better at Blizzcon things than in the Q&A with Lore. I appreciate his hype.

His hype or uncontrollable use of his hands? He gives me a headache just watching him!
His hype... the uncontrollable hands is an expression of how much he loves the game.

Also, easy to mimic for comedy :)
i will say i do not hate Ion but he and the team need to start listening to what the players want ( within reason ) and not shove stuff down our throats that we have said we do not want.

example -- Shadow priests ( do not play one ) have stated they are not fans of void form yet the buff they are getting is for void form. Blizzcon just happened and i understand that is a place to hype your products but maybe it should be a time to really talk to players in little workshops for classes and REALLY listen to feedback.

If you did this or something like this then i would be all for an Ion appreciation thread but until you really start listening to the players -- Sorry not happening
11/08/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Tykho
One thing I forgot to mention is how much effort Ion and his team have put into increasing communication with the players. I love the panels and Q&A videos and hope to get many more in the future. Ion understands how important communication is and for that we thank you.

Ah see what you did there? You had a good troll going with this thread only go ahead and make it too obvious with statements like that.

Sometimes less is more. Points for effort though.
I’m not saying the guy has an easy job, especially since him showing up anywhere automatically gets people into a bad mood, but I think he can stand to be a bit more understanding of the crowd. I don’t hate him but I can’t say I don’t see why people do.
Thanks Ion for your service, keep up the hard work! I know it can't be easy.
I am 1 of their biggest ragers ( though havnt been chat banned for 2 whole months is kinda a record for me). Even though i dont like alot my only real gripe is the quality of the finished product, way too many bugs. Having said that i just want to also say i dont doubt their passion or skill, dont let me or any1 else change your minds on where u think this game should b headed but plz just spend more time making sure its less buggy ( main way a 12+ old game can compete with new games is stability in its excution). I can atleast admit u do a better job than i could without telling a few ppl where to go, ( that u guys have put up with me is a testament to your zen/diplomatic skills

WUUSAA!!!!
ion's vision of the game has me considering dropping the subscription. A complete overhaul is needed.
Ion's first expansion release made me stop logging in 30 hours a week. If BfA is any sign of what next expansion will be like I won't ever have to worry about video games again.

The guy has my praise.
I would thank him if he implemented some of my ideas otherwise forget it.
The thing I hate about Ion is that he answers every hard question ( when he manages to get one through the cherry picking ) with " Our intention with ", " Our thoughts on ", or " We wanted " followed by a 10 to 15 minute rambling diatribe about what the design philosophy behind something was.

As if we can't pretty much see what they were going for, and as if explaining the thought behind a system, design, and/or feature we hate is going to make us suddenly enjoy it.

And half the time after finishing his discourse, he never answers the question anyways.
Unhappy with Mr. Hazzikostas claiming this would be a morally grey expansion. This expansion has been anything but, morally grey.
This thread is an echo chamber since everyone else left.
11/08/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Snowfox

How do you guys know this? What does his toon look like?

@ op how did you type that and keep a straight face.

It's known who he is.

I'm posting it here because anybody can find it literally with "ion character armory", I'm not exactly doxxing him..

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/malganis/gurgthock

I never said you were. I just never knew who his main was, I never thought to look up his toons, but was curious when you mentioned that he doesn't transmog.
It's known who he is.

I'm posting it here because anybody can find it literally with "ion character armory", I'm not exactly doxxing him..

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/malganis/gurgthock

I never said you were. I just never knew who his main was, I never thought to look up his toons, but was curious when you mentioned that he doesn't transmog.

Yeh.. he don't.

He actually looks a little better now than at the start of expansion.

That was a full on orc in clownsuit look.