I also just quit today

General Discussion
11/09/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Rhekkar
I just quit today.

Same, I quit listening to you "kids" complain.

Gnome the heck up! Git Gud or git gone!
(Apply that to whatever the thing you do in game is.)
11/09/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Cheresani
I only came back when I found out leveling would be 40% faster in 8.1.

They didn't say leveling will be 40% faster, they said they will reduce the experience required to level. Also, that reduction does not apply to all levels - its only for levels 60-80, and the levels in the 60's being biggest change, up to 40%.

"The biggest reductions come in the level 60 range at 40%, with sizable reductions for all past expansions."

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288495/experience-required-to-level-reduced-in-8-1-ptr-build-28366

I dont think players will even notice a difference. So, if you dont like how long it takes to level now, then you probably still wont like it. Its all smoke & mirrors my dear, carefully crafted to make you think things will be better (they wont).
I find solace in achievements, mount runs, and transmog runs. Other than that, I feel ya. There's only so much you can do before you get bored. But I try to play music and chat with my guild while I wait some things out.
@naugi, cross realm guilds. btags. bfa in game community that is also cross realm. looking for a guild off realm, make friends, join their discord and log on it when you start your wow day. ofc this doesn't work for mythic raiding, but for everything else i don't see how it doesn't help unless you want to play by your lonesome :P.
I quit today also:

I'm moving on to tomorrow, which is a day I won't quit.
Big hugs, I took a break@ Argus launch (being grounded after getting flight) I miss healing people (all playstyles) hope things change for all wow players so we can kick !@# again. Pugs are mmorpg we’re all in this together not in cliques.
11/09/2018 10:20 PMPosted by Peapöd

I dont think players will even notice a difference. So, if you dont like how long it takes to level now, then you probably still wont like it. Its all smoke & mirrors my dear, carefully crafted to make you think things will be better (they wont).

^ I fail to see how the above could even remotely be true. Given how heinous it is to slog through the middle levels now, it's impossible for an xp requirement reduction of 10-40% to be unnoticed.
11/09/2018 08:40 PMPosted by Rhekkar
11/09/2018 08:08 PMPosted by Felplagued
Question, what casual content did you have in the past to do, you dont have now to do?
also your bad internet is not blizzards fault.

Well in legion I at least had multiple legendaries to chase, (as much as that system wasn't the best) it was still better then 340 pants from emmisary chest reward. In legion the emmisary had an actual purpose.

Then not to mention ALL the artifact appearances. I had a blast in legion collecting them all from all of my favourite classes and I got them all apart from shaman monk or priest.

Then amazing tier sets and tier bonuses which were so much more fun rather then boring as !@#$ Azerite armour.

I just feel like I have nothing equivalent to that in BFA and thus very little reason to raid at all..

Also my internet connection is crisp! I get 30ms on my server. It's not my internet connection, I get 300ms in pvp because my computer is attempting to connect to north american servers, rather then the Sydney servers. That has exactly 0 to do with internet speed, but rather it has to do with location.

Hey mate.. Since u gonna quit could u give me ur gold on barthalis?
I always love it how so many d*ckbags jump on these threads to wave off people with snarky comments.

I wish I could see your faces down the line when you realise that suddenly no one is paying the bills anymore on this game.
One of my accounts run out Wednesday and the other the end of the month. The people that run the game now are clueless and as long as people stay subbed to the game it will remain in a junk state.
- Bgs can be a big waste of time. Back to back losses wont get you anywhere towards capping conquest. Chest rewards are junk 330 gear. I'd rather have a higher coin payout if your gear was all higher than 330.

- Keys take forever. You can spend all day working on a key. Get with a bad group or people who bail after 2 wipes. Keep losing levels on stone. Rarely any loot.

- Lfr mostly no loot or that junk sanguine stuff. Normal heroic raid mostly no loot either.

- Emissaries are a chore/bore with lottery rewards.

Could work towards grinding out flying to enjoy for two months then a new xpac will drop. Could grind out fat humans only to be able to play certain classes.

Probably just gonna let my sub run out and find a more engaging game. This isn't the wow I remember. Even legion wasn't this bad.
11/09/2018 08:40 PMPosted by Beastbashx
11/09/2018 08:16 PMPosted by Limelight
If you have any expensive battle pets, please send them to Limelight-Stormrage.

Disclaimer: You will not get them back when you resub in a month.

Why do people always assume they will immediately resub in a month? These are people that actually like the game leaving. They aren't throwing tantrums because of a class change, they are saying the game is no longer fun for them. It isn't magically going to be more fun in a month.

It's an important talking point that nobody ever actually leaves, that our experiences and observations are not typical, and thus we should be willing to believe that all 100 million accounts that have ever existed are still being played full-time.
These changes need to happen to bring me back to the game.

1) Improve the game play style back to MoP level, where healers had more instant cast abilities and the feel of the spec felt far more fluid and fast paced.
2) Remove the GCD completely
3)Add brand new fun and engaging content to the world that doesn't feel like a chore or job to do (get rid of world quests)
4)Add a new 40 man bg
5)Add more puzzles and interesting things to go and do
6)Make dungeons have less trash (more dungeons and make them shorter)
7)Bring back tier sets and get rid of this azerite nonsense
8)Make professions actually fun and cool to do
9)More ways to farm gold
10) Wafronts mythic mode
11) Islands unkickable (so teams of 2 don't kick you at last minute so they have more chance at loot)
12) Bring back class order halls
13) Make world bosses actually relevant (the gear they dropped was outdated after the first two weeks of expansion)
I'm sorry to see you go and I hope that changes come around and will draw you back. I hate to see the community shrink but I wish you luck and happiness and fun!
Why do people always assume they will immediately resub in a month?
You're right, I was being a bit unfair.

6 months*
the lack of class tier sets left me on 2/8 heroic uldir and i just dont care to finish it
im leveling alts like this one in the mean time
11/10/2018 05:12 AMPosted by Spellchaser
Why do people always assume they will immediately resub in a month? These are people that actually like the game leaving. They aren't throwing tantrums because of a class change, they are saying the game is no longer fun for them. It isn't magically going to be more fun in a month.

It's an important talking point that nobody ever actually leaves, that our experiences and observations are not typical, and thus we should be willing to believe that all 100 million accounts that have ever existed are still being played full-time.

That made zero sense.
11/10/2018 02:40 AMPosted by Ltque
I always love it how so many d*ckbags jump on these threads to wave off people with snarky comments.

I wish I could see your faces down the line when you realise that suddenly no one is paying the bills anymore on this game.

I always love it how people actually think these people really quit. They don't quit. The ones that actually do, don't feel a need to bring attention to themselves to say they quit. I also love the ones who say, "I quit. This is my good-bye post but I will be back next patch."
11/13/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Bojanglz
11/10/2018 02:40 AMPosted by Ltque

I always love it how people actually think these people really quit. They don't quit. The ones that actually do, don't feel a need to bring attention to themselves to say they quit. I also love the ones who say, "I quit. This is my good-bye post but I will be back next patch."

Although it's like breaking up with someone. In your head its huge (even if no one else really cares). I mean - a lot of us have been playing since launch. That's one hell of an emotional rollercoaster and more commitment than we have to jobs, relationships and so on. Leaving is TOUGH as its such a huge part of your daily life.
11/09/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Cheresani
11/09/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Alfgerðr
I'm staying but only to level alts like this one, try new stuffs and achieves.

Same here. After my Alliance main hit 120, I had no motivation to drag my Horde main through BfA, and the leveling grind killed my desire to work on my allied race alts. I only came back when I found out leveling would be 40% faster in 8.1.

Ya but that only affects 10-110.. little but from 110-111 but no change from 111-120