that kids is why sharding is unacceptable #2

Classic Discussion
https://youtu.be/lx9cSwgsbKQ

Would love Blizzard to uncap the post limit on the original thread so the discussion can continue. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769539427?page=1
11/10/2018 04:48 AMPosted by Vhok
you complain and complain but your still going to play. suck it and shut up already.

Classic will fail if sharding is implemented and these same people will come back and say "you thought you did but you didn't" although we all know we didn't buy it because sharding was implemented.
I do want sharding in the starting areas for a limited launch window in classic. I'd prefer to have a playable starting experience instead of a sea of level 1 toons all fighting for the same things, thanks.
Yes. I want no load balancing what so ever. I want continuous crashing and inability to log in just like when I played in vanilla.
you complain and complain but your still going to play. suck it and shut up already.

I've seen that type of comment all over GD.
So you think BFA has 5-6 million playing currently..because none of them really left ?
11/10/2018 06:45 AMPosted by RuthelB9B46C
Yes. I want no load balancing what so ever. I want continuous crashing and inability to log in just like when I played in vanilla.

Well now you are assuming that wow classic will be running on 2004 hardware.

Hardware has changed a bit in the last 14 years.
Servers can easily hold up to 12K online with no sharding.

What is your basis for your assumption or are you just repeating what others have posted ?
What Blizzard could do now ....

Make the demo free and turn off sharding
Monitor what happens
HHAHAHA no

If anything, Blizzard's botch "classic" will spur P server users back to P servers and P servers will gain some new insight. Granted it's all based around 1.12, but the documentation to a lot of skills would help heavily and lead to more advanced P servers.
Can we get a tldr for those not wanting to support clickbait for view streamers?

I think something can be worth complaining about, but not worth quitting over.

Maybe you should share your viewpoint on why sharding isn't so bad, so those who disagree can "suck it and shut up already."
11/10/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Brockthorn
11/10/2018 06:45 AMPosted by RuthelB9B46C

Well now you are assuming that wow classic will be running on 2004 hardware.

Hardware has changed a bit in the last 14 years.
Servers can easily hold up to 12K online with no sharding.

What is your basis for your assumption or are you just repeating what others have posted ?

Ok even with todays technology how many people do you think one area like the starting zone log in can handle? A thousand? A couple hundred?
Show me evidence that server can handle 12000 easily with no sharding.
I don't think blizzard engineers have revealed anything about what their servers can and cannot handle. If so link it.
11/10/2018 07:41 AMPosted by RuthelB9B46C

Ok even with todays technology how many people do you think one area like the starting zone log in can handle? A thousand? A couple hundred?
I don't think blizzard engineers have revealed anything about what their servers can and cannot handle. If so link it.

Northdale launched in June. As the day went on the pop increased.
Peaked at 12K online..no sharding.

1/2 hour ago:
Northdale, 11K online, no login queue, 50fps standing on bridge in IF
Just like to point out people are complaining today on ND about draw distances.
This was one of Nost's tricks to allow 10k pops. They shortened the draw distance.
11/10/2018 06:40 AMPosted by Azerothinian
I do want sharding in the starting areas for a limited launch window in classic. I'd prefer to have a playable starting experience instead of a sea of level 1 toons all fighting for the same things, thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/wTMDphC
Christ............. 9 more months of this crap
11/10/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Padrepwn
Just like to point out people are complaining today on ND about draw distances.
This was one of Nost's tricks to allow 10k pops. They shortened the draw distance.

That is still preferable to sharding though.
11/10/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Brockthorn
11/10/2018 07:41 AMPosted by RuthelB9B46C

Northdale launched in June. As the day went on the pop increased.
Peaked at 12K online..no sharding.

1/2 hour ago:
Northdale, 11K online, no login queue, 50fps standing on bridge in IF

That tells us virtually nothing. In fact if it launched in June you would expect the players to be more distributed now. How was it at launch? I read on line that the server has crashed many times. Can you tell me why?

That tells us virtually nothing. In fact if it launched in June you would expect the players to be more distributed now. How was it at launch? I read on line that the server has crashed many times. Can you tell me why?

That answered exactly the question you asked.

"i read online"...ok

I was there. I played it. Yes there were a few crashes but back online within 5-10 minutes. Not like it wasn't expected though..launch day.
As to why it crashed ? I couldn't tell you because players don't have access to those logs. Only the admins of the server could tell you why it crashed.

But it was nothing like 14 years ago...not even close.
11/10/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Brockthorn

That answered exactly the question you asked.

"i read online"...ok

I was there. I played it. Yes there were a few crashes but back online within 5-10 minutes. Not like it wasn't expected though..launch day.
As to why it crashed ? I couldn't tell you because players don't have access to those logs. Only the admins of the server could tell you why it crashed.

But it was nothing like 14 years ago...not even close.

So you're admitting there were server crashes. Good to know. Thanks.