Alliance win nothing

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
I don't see how buffing or nerfing racials on either faction would resolve the imbalance issue. I can only speak from history when they've done it before, but it just moves the issue to the other faction.

Removing racials might balance out populations, but homogenizing things further is bad for the game in my opinion...even as insignificant as racials really are, they do bring flavor.
but nobody has given me an incentive to play alliance.

I agree they could give better incentives (like how they had separate rated ladders) just not over nerfing/buffing racials
11/11/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Jadei
11/11/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Muffindiver

It would require a massive enough shift that entire social groups would migrate over. And I don't see that drive without Blizzard giving the Alliance something as impactful as EMFH was.

One of the top horde raiding guilds said they’d faction swap if they buffed alliance racials. Wouldn’t a thriving pve and pvp environment on both factions be better than players migrating to one faction because it is healthier which exasperates the problem?

I'm on the fence about whether or not I'd pay $ to transfer TO Alliance. Right now I'm kind of in that "meh" spot where I think the content is coming a little too slowly. Blizzard is handing out bread crumbs about what is coming, but then you see the time frame and I don't know if it's a concerted effort to try to keep subs and spread the $ out or what, but...there's nothing to aspire to right now. The honor system has become a joke, it's nothing but titles and the same mount re-skinned over and over. There needs to be SIGNIFICANTLY more reward for prestige/honor level and a less RNG way to gain iLVL through PVP.
11/11/2018 10:44 AMPosted by Dangerjosh
I don't see how buffing or nerfing racials on either faction would resolve the imbalance issue. I can only speak from history when they've done it before, but it just moves the issue to the other faction.

Removing racials might balance out populations, but homogenizing things further is bad for the game in my opinion...even as insignificant as racials really are, they do bring flavor.

From what I’ve read, Method faction swapped to horde in 2012 because of racials. Racials don’t mean much to me, but it obviously has some impact on highly competitive players.
11/11/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Jadei
Everyone keeps quoting and upvoting “git gud” but nobody has given me an incentive to play alliance in BfA.

*AHEM*
Do away with merc and bring back bonus honor/conquest/whatever for the undermanned side instead.. it not like we all don't have 12 toons on each side..

If you want to keep merc then bring back bonus honor to give people incentive to merc
11/11/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Jadei

From what I’ve read, Method faction swapped to horde in 2012 because of racials. Racials don’t mean much to me, but it obviously has some impact on highly competitive players.

And if they buff Alliance racials on top of nerfing Horde ones, then all of them will just swap to Alliance and it will be the exact problem, opposite side. Not sure what they can do but over buffing/nerfing doesn't seem to be the way to go.
11/11/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Tribbie
11/11/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Jadei
Everyone keeps quoting and upvoting “git gud” but nobody has given me an incentive to play alliance in BfA.

*AHEM*
Do away with merc and bring back bonus honor/conquest/whatever for the undermanned side instead.. it not like we all don't have 12 toons on each side..

If you want to keep merc then bring back bonus honor to give people incentive to merc

Except we currently do have merc mode so while I’m on board with removing it, as long as we have it, it isn’t an incentive to play alliance.
11/11/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Jadei
Except we currently do have merc mode so while I’m on board with removing it, as long as we have it, it isn’t an incentive to play alliance.

Didn't seem to be as much of an issue when the honor bonus was in effect in Legion
We still have the enlistment bonus if that's what you mean.

I'm speaking overall playerbase, not the top 1% of the top 1%. I'm not really sure what this proves/disproves.
Method faction swapped to horde in 2012 because of racials.

For PVE
11/11/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Jugajr

Oh I thought that went away.. I suppose I have been playing Alliance too much lol.

The coming xp nerf might help too.. I plan on leveling up the rest of my alts post nerf.

Extra honor has little to no value.

Extra conquest might be an actual incentive.
Can't really discredit PvE decisions affecting PvP though...people complained about belf silence being OP in PvP for a long time, but it wasn't until it was used in the Mythic Dungeon Invitational that it was all of a sudden on the radar for nerfing.
11/11/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Arganoth

K. Was responding to something about bonus honor :P
11/11/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Tribbie

Oh I thought that went away.. I suppose I have been playing Alliance too much lol.

The coming xp nerf might help too.. I plan on leveling up the rest of my alts post nerf.

They had better make the incentive to turn on War Mode much better for Alliance, because as it is, leveling on Horde is FAR easier. There is no disincentive to war mode, it's just a flat percentage increase because there are no Alliance to kill you while leveling.

Extra conquest might be an actual incentive.

I agree with this. Prestiging quicker isn't exactly incentive.
It's largely a player skill issue, and Alliance casuals are generally worse at PvP when compared to Horde casuals (for whatever reason).

I'm just not buying this "but the OP Horde racials!" cope argument, because as others have pointed out in EU the Alliance does just fine in PvP.

It's the players, and Ally players (the North American ones anyway) are *generally* bad at PvP, hence why they tend to lose more in bgs. Simple.
Not really discrediting it, but that's the reason Method changed. While one may be o...k... for PVP, it may be awesome for PVE, vice versa. Blizzard will nerf for PVE reasons faster because they don't want people out-growing their new content too quickly.
11/11/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Jugajr

K. Was responding to something about bonus honor :P

Yeah, I'm just saying that I think the bonus should go to conquest points, not honor (until/unless there are meaningful rewards from the honor/prestige system).