Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
11/11/2018 07:10 AMPosted by Porwasil
I live in Toronto, don't care.

Absolutely disgraceful
From one Canadian Torontonian to another
Shame on you
Look at the mess veterans in Canada are facing
Shame
I'm a vet and I hate that I am, prefer not to be thanked TBH. An absolute waste of time that was.
11/11/2018 07:17 AMPosted by Inviscerate
11/11/2018 07:11 AMPosted by Nayaga
Our country let him down after his service. Veterans need better health and mental heath care than they are getting.

From my understanding he was pretty messed up kid in high school, its the kind of recruits the army looks for now.

He was a marine. So screw off on the army talk.
Your welcome ;)
Our country let him down after his service. Veterans need better health and mental heath care than they are getting.

From my understanding he was pretty messed up kid in high school, its the kind of recruits the army looks for now.

Every high school kid is messed up. It comes with the age bracket.
So many ANTIFA zombies in this thread. I'm a veteran too, and I love personal loot.
11/11/2018 07:41 AMPosted by Zipzø
I'm a vet and I hate that I am, prefer not to be thanked TBH. An absolute waste of time that was.

this guy is smart. people really need to wake up and face the reality of our situation.
11/11/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Dirtytricks
1. not all vets are good people.
2. not all soldiers are good people.
Duh.
3. this country has done unquestionably evil deeds throughout history.
Uh huh.
4. the government is glorifying vets and soldiers to justify a defense budget that is absolutely ridiculous and a waste of tax payer money.

No.
those are facts.

The last is an opinion based in ignorance.

ok, so spare me the "thank you for your service BS" that the gov is peddling onto you people in order to spend some more trillions on "defense" none of which is received by anyone in the actual military.

/facepalm
we are isolated on 2 borders, 3 if you count canada border, because trust me, u wont be able to start a war with canada even if you wanted to. you think the middle east somehow affects your freedom? it doesnt.

Because countries aren't affected things far away.
11/11/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Dirtytricks
Thank you to our veterans, Past, Present, and Future for giving us the freedom.

You are the true Hero's of this world
What about the guy that just killed 11 people in california?
PTSD will do that to you, the REAL kind of PTSD, not the one you get from hurt feelings.

The military should have identified him as a risk upon release from service. Until recently the military also didn't identify courts-martialed felons on release from service. Both of those categories would have been entered in the federal database. The Thousand Oaks shooter would have failed a background check if the data had been passed on.
It's Rememberance Day for you folks in a Commonwealth nation.
BS. Go down and talk to a recruiter for any branch of the US military. List all your felonies and even your juvenile record. You'll be shown the door; the Marines may even throw you THROUGH the door.
11/11/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Norinrad
Thank you to our veterans, Past, Present, and Future for giving us freedom.

You are the true Hero's of this world

What about all the vets from the enemy factions? Are they true heroes too, or does it only count if they were on this side?
Thank you to all of our veterans, past, present and future, thanks for doing the dirty work so all of us have the freedom to do whatever we wish, even if that includes comfortably sitting in your home, playing WoW, sipping tea without a care in the world and making rude & ungrateful comments about veterans on WoW forums.
11/11/2018 08:31 AMPosted by Enkki
It's Rememberance Day for you folks in a Commonwealth nation.

We don't remember anymore. Look at this thread. It's packed with jingoism and fear.
its the kind of recruits the army looks for now.

... what is wrong with you?
11/11/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Vadya
We don't remember anymore. Look at this thread. It's packed with jingoism and fear.

Strange idea of both packed and jingoism.
It's not veterans day in Canada it's Remembrance Day.

A day when we honer men and women who fought for freedom, a day when we remember the atrocities committed during the war , a day when we remember the people who were murdered, worked to death and starved in camps by the Hitler !@#$% regime.

I was born in the Netherlands (Holland) and my dad was held in a work camp because he refused to fight for the country that invaded his. He was underfed, beaten and forced to burn the bodies of those who executed. Not a soldier but he didn't come out the same man that went in and never was again. The peace treaty was signed on the 11th minute of the 11th day of the 11th month, which is when we have our moment of silence. Lest we forget is the motto of the day. It means that we need to remember so this never happens again. Many young people think it's cool to be skinheads and flaunt the swastika, it's not.

Just my thought for the day.
11/11/2018 08:36 AMPosted by Hrumn
its the kind of recruits the army looks for now.

... what is wrong with you?

He's being realistic?

My neighbor has been a violent psychopath all through childhood. Repeatedly attacked his sister, weekly visits from the police when he would trash the house, sent to a "special school". When he came home after aging out, he promptly burnt down the garage. Most recently, the police were here again because he was setting animal traps around the neighborhood and decapitating what he caught.

Oh and he's joining the Marines. He'll end up like the Thousand Oaks shooter if he survives service.
... Our country let him down after his service. Veterans need better health and mental heath care than they are getting.

he was just a psychopath. no one let anyone down. im a vet too.

here are some facts:

1. not all vets are good people.
2. not all soldiers are good people.
3. this country has done unquestionably evil deeds throughout history.
4. the government is glorifying vets and soldiers to justify a defense budget that is absolutely ridiculous and a waste of tax payer money.

those are facts. ok, so spare me the "thank you for your service BS" that the gov is peddling onto you people in order to spend some more trillions on "defense" none of which is received by anyone in the actual military.

here is another fact. throughout my service i never fought anything that had any bearing on your freedom at home. we are isolated on 2 borders, 3 if you count canada border, because trust me, u wont be able to start a war with canada even if you wanted to. you think the middle east somehow affects your freedom? it doesnt.
Keep telling it like it is because some of those people who enlist tend to already be bat!@#$ insane.
11/11/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Dirtytricks
you think the middle east somehow affects your freedom?

Edit: For Canadians, Today isn't about the middle east. It's about those who served and shared in the World War

If you think the outcome of the World Wars wouldn't have affected North American freedom and lives, idk what to tell you.

Does America not celebrate Remembrance?

11/11/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Alystrya
It's not veterans day in Canada it's Remembrance Day.

Ahh. Okay that makes sense.

11/11/2018 07:40 AMPosted by Nitocris

Absolutely disgraceful
From one Canadian Torontonian to another
Shame on you
Look at the mess veterans in Canada are facing
Shame

This.