A Thank You To Our Veterans

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
11/11/2018 07:41 AMPosted by Zipzø
I'm a vet and I hate that I am, prefer not to be thanked TBH. An absolute waste of time that was.

found another who was crap at their job lol
We have to remember the age gap and that many young people go through the know everything stage and crap on soldiers. Just that they think they are new and original when they do it.
11/11/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Dùbbs
11/11/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Norinrad
Thank you to our veterans, Past, Present, and Future for giving us freedom.

You are the true Hero's of this world

What about all the vets from the enemy factions? Are they true heroes too, or does it only count if they were on this side?

you willing to thank !@#$s for their service to hitler? is that what you're saying? lol dayum dude.
11/11/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Enkki
<span class="truncated">...</span>From my understanding he was pretty messed up kid in high school, its the kind of recruits the army looks for now.
BS. Go down and talk to a recruiter for any branch of the US military. List all your felonies and even your juvenile record. You'll be shown the door; the Marines may even throw you THROUGH the door.

^ Navy told me to sod off because of a juvey record from when I was 16. So guess what imma tell them if a draft ever comes around?
11/11/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Tubthumping
We have to remember the age gap and that many young people go through the know everything stage and crap on soldiers. Just that they think they are new and original when they do it.

I'm young and I don't think this. I'm only 19, going into the Air Force soon, and I praise all of the previous, current, and future vets that are to serve my country.

I think it's more so a political thing. People follow certain political figures, and believe everything they say and take it as fact. It sucks to see there are people who really think veterans deserve no praise :/
Pointless Sunday thread.
@Alphon I thank you for your service
To ALL of the current and former Soldiers Posting I thank you aswell
11/11/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Bamboo
They didn't give us freedom.

They gave us power and oil

Please keep your facts checked before posting.

That’s an opinion.

Are you the one that stole all my tinfoil?
11/11/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Norinrad

I'm not in yet >.<

Don't thank me, I'm going into it in 3 weeks! I'm not quite there yet xD
What I don't get is that I had to provide a government issued ID to get back into my account after years of not playing. I proceed to send my a copy of my military ID to get it done. Blizzard does not accept it.... lmao an American based company asking for government issued ID and military does not count.
But you are going and I thank you
thanks for wiping down humvees for free college
11/11/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Tyierin

That guy already said he doesn’t want your thanks lol.

Cause I have a feeling that’s what he did and why he did it.
11/11/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Alphon
11/11/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Norinrad

I'm not in yet >.<

Don't thank me, I'm going into it in 3 weeks! I'm not quite there yet xD

Good luck, take care, write home often and remember...

DROP AND GIVE ME 20!
thank you for your service
I'm appreciative of people who join the military so others don't have to, props to them. But some of you people in this thread need to tone down the overzealous patriotism.

Contrary to popular modern belief our freedom isn't being perpetually threatened at all times by some freedom stealing boogieman that's waiting to attack at any moment

And also contrary to popular belief, not every war and battle America was involved in threatened America or its freedom.

So can we just chill out a little? We don't have to feel like we're perpetually threatened by communism or what ever paranoia people like to buy into now days.
11/11/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Monrith
I'm appreciative of people who join the military so others don't have to, props to them. But some of you people in this thread need to tone down the overzealous patriotism.

Contrary to popular modern belief our freedom isn't being perpetually threatened at all times by some freedom stealing boogieman that's waiting to attack at any moment

And also contrary to popular belief, not every war and battle America was involved in threatened America or its freedom.

So can we just chill out a little? We don't have to feel like we're perpetually threatened by communism or what ever paranoia people like to buy into now days.

ALL YOU BOOGIEMEN BERONG TO US.

And also contrary to popular belief, not every war and battle fought revolved around taking America and its freedom away.

Yeah, blind patriotism is insanely dangerous. Last war where our freedom was actually at threat was WW2. Most of our freedoms are being taken away at home, not abroad. This weird idea that we are fighting for our freedom is just ridiculous. Most wars now are fought to make the rich even richer. That's it. If we really cared about freedom and human rights, we would have been in Africa decades ago.

The US isn't even considered one of the top countries in terms of freedom: https://www.businessinsider.com/countries-most-freedom-in-the-world-2018-4.
11/11/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Tyierin

Maybe if you buckled down a little harder in school you could have done OCS.