A Thank You To Our Veterans

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
Lol not overly patriotic about my freedoms.

I’m appreciative.

Also note, IF liberating and helping another country that has resources that could make the lives of that countries civilians and our countries civilians better... at the price of fighting a “controversial” fight isn’t something I’m against honestly.

Ask me to go help liberate people from an oppressive government. I’d take that call.
11/11/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Sabbia
I'm appreciative of people who join the military so others don't have to, props to them. But some of you people in this thread need to tone down the overzealous patriotism.

Contrary to popular modern belief our freedom isn't being perpetually threatened at all times by some freedom stealing boogieman that's waiting to attack at any moment

And also contrary to popular belief, not every war and battle fought revolved around taking America and its freedom away.

So can we just chill out a little? We don't have to feel like we're perpetually threatened by communism or what ever paranoia people like to buy into now days.

Yeah, blind patriotism is insanely dangerous. Last war where our freedom was actually at threat was WW2. Most of our freedoms are being taken away at home, not abroad. This weird idea that we are fighting for our freedom is just ridiculous. Most wars now are fought to make the rich even richer. That's it. If we really cared about freedom and human rights, we would have been in Africa decades ago.

The US isn't even considered one of the top countries in terms of freedom: https://www.businessinsider.com/countries-most-freedom-in-the-world-2018-4.
The first country I saw was the UK. No freedom of speech or press. I think that I have one pocket knife that I can carry there, the rest lock making it illegal there even though they are safer to use. Forgive me if I do not trust something that gives the UK a higher rating than the US.
^ lol rekt

That’s some garbage you posted m8. The US has the second amendment that’s a HUGE freedom to have. Idc if you can smoke pot legally somewhere else. We can own our own firearms and carry them on our person with the correct documentation.
For those who have served in our armed forces...we salute you.
11/11/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Thesandman
^ lol rekt

That’s some garbage you posted m8. The US has the second amendment that’s a HUGE freedom to have. Idc if you can smoke pot legally somewhere else. We can own our own firearms and carry them on our person with the correct documentation.

I can tell you aren't too bright and probably didn't even read the article.
11/11/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Dirtytricks
Thank you to our veterans, Past, Present, and Future for giving us the freedom.

You are the true Hero's of this world

What about the guy that just killed 11 people in california?

What about the millions of vets who didn't kill 11 people? Or do you always generalize and lump people together? You'd fit right in with a group who wears white hooded robes, they too generalize people.
11/11/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Sabbia
^ lol rekt

But the Sandman is correct though. Being able to own weapons in such a way is a great indicator of one's freedom in a country. There is a reason why every genocide in the 20th century started with disarmament. If you want to go further, again in the UK, defending your home was one of the ways to get you in jail. In Germany a man was arrested for defending his daughter from sexual assault.
^ lol rekt

Lol buddy,

There’s no reason to even read your hand selected article to prove your POV. You believe what you believe that’s fine.

I read enough just from the guys post above mine. Which it is very funny you didn’t address him because he drove a very good argument.

I’m simply mocking you. I don’t care to even try and reason with you to convince you to believe my point of view.
My son's middle school band played some songs for Veteran's Day at his school. He played the trumpet. Thinking about it makes me smile.

/respect for our veterans
11/11/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Whim

But the Sandman is correct though. Being able to own weapons in such a way is a great indicator of one's freedom in a country. There is a reason why every genocide in the 20th century started with disarmament. If you want to go further, again in the UK, defending your home was one of the ways to get you in jail. In Germany a man was arrested for defending his daughter from sexual assault.

Again, didn't read the article. They didn't rank it on "hur dur I can carry a gun around." That isn't that great of a freedom anyway. If the government really wanted, they could take everyones guns. Don't believe me? Look at the military budget and the militarization of police. If you honestly think you are going to be able to stop that, I have some beach front property in Colorado to sell you.
11/11/2018 07:11 AMPosted by Nayaga
<span class="truncated">...</span>

What about the guy that just killed 11 people in california?
Our country let him down after his service. Veterans need better health and mental heath care than they are getting.

Reposting for emphasis - this is a shame to those who served.

And thank you to those that served selflessly and with honor.
11/11/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Thesandman

Lol buddy,

There’s no reason to even read your hand selected article to prove your POV. You believe what you believe that’s fine.

I read enough just from the guys post above mine. Which it is very funny you didn’t address him because he drove a very good argument.

I’m simply mocking you. I don’t care to even try and reason with you to convince you to believe my point of view.

The other guy doesn't have an argument so not worth replying to. I reply to you because you are so dumb it's hilarious.
Thank you for your service.
11/11/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Andrin
11/11/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Dùbbs

What about all the vets from the enemy factions? Are they true heroes too, or does it only count if they were on this side?

you willing to thank !@#$s for their service to hitler? is that what you're saying? lol dayum dude.

You are assuming an awful lot of things I never wrote.

You think everyone that served the war effort in Germany was evil? Grow up.
Thanks. Molten Core, heck, even UBRS/LBRS were tough when released. Glad those of us who went in there back then are appreciated today.
11/11/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Sabbia
11/11/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Whim
...But the Sandman is correct though. Being able to own weapons in such a way is a great indicator of one's freedom in a country. There is a reason why every genocide in the 20th century started with disarmament. If you want to go further, again in the UK, defending your home was one of the ways to get you in jail. In Germany a man was arrested for defending his daughter from sexual assault.

Again, didn't read the article. They didn't rank it on "hur dur I can carry a gun around." That isn't that great of a freedom anyway. If the government really wanted, they could take everyones guns. Don't believe me? Look at the military budget and the militarization of police. If you honestly think you are going to be able to stop that, I have some beach front property in Colorado to sell you.

I WAS WRONG!!! Bamboo didn’t steal my tinfoil!
IT WAS YOU! O.O

You’re the biggest fool to ever exist if you think for a second ANYONE In the military, city government, state police, county police, city police will ever disarm America.

They would be disarming there family, friends and themselves. The second amendment keeps every ounce of freedom in our control when it comes down to the fine line.

Ask any police officer or military personnel if they would follow those orders or give those orders.

You’re worse than the guy who eats cereal with a fork man. You’re over here trying to eat cereal on a plate!
11/11/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Sabbia
11/11/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Thesandman

Lol buddy,

The other guy doesn't have an argument so not worth replying to. I reply to you because you are so dumb it's hilarious.

Your rights, including the one that lets you speak freely, are maintained by the efforts of those you hate so much.

"Good people sleep comfortably in their beds at night, because rough men with guns stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
--George Orwell.
11/11/2018 07:10 AMPosted by Porwasil
I live in Toronto, don't care.

You don't speak German, or Japanese.

You're welcome.
11/11/2018 10:23 AMPosted by Thesandman
11/11/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Sabbia

I WAS WRONG!!! Bamboo didn’t steal my tinfoil!
IT WAS YOU! O.O

You’re the biggest fool to ever exist if you think for a second ANYONE In the military, city government, state police, county police, city police will ever disarm America.

They would be disarming there family, friends and themselves. The second amendment keeps every ounce of freedom in our control when it comes down to the fine line.

Ask any police officer or military personnel if they would follow those orders or give those orders.

You’re worse than the guy who eats cereal with a fork man. You’re over here trying to eat cereal on a plate!

Yeah, who do you think pays them to provide for that family you mentioned? So, obey the people paying the bills or risk getting jailed because you don't want to follow orders. You can ask people all day long but when the time comes, people have a tendency to change their minds REAL quick.
11/11/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Dùbbs
11/11/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Andrin

you willing to thank !@#$s for their service to hitler? is that what you're saying? lol dayum dude.

You are assuming an awful lot of things I never wrote.

You think everyone that served the war effort in Germany was evil? Grow up.

Yes. If you served for the !@#$s, you’re human garbage.