I just put 4 hours into gw2

General Discussion
it felt so good!

and then I realized I finished 3/4 of the post patch content from the expansion that came out over a year ago and theres nothing else to do after that.

so im logging back into wow now
because there is a lot to do here also?
11/11/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Smadinker
because there is a lot to do here also?

tbh, leveling from 110-120 took longer than it did to do the entire gw2 expansion
gw2 only content is zerg vs zerg in wvw pvp.
Just play gw1 imo, it is better than both of these games.
11/11/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Worldwarborn
it felt so good!

and then I realized I finished 3/4 of the post patch content from the expansion that came out over a year ago and theres nothing else to do after that.

so im logging back into wow now

GW2 is pvp-centric..

so.. you completely missed the point, but you do you.
I wish Gw2 had more PVE content. I need more MMO's with a action combat playstyle that focus on PVE. There's a few out there, but not much. Or many that are worth talking about beyond visuals, world and story.
Try unlocking the mounts and different masteries. It is also fun exploring the maps and finding secret areas in gw2.

If you play just to complete the story, of course you you will finish it quickly.
I would argue that there is more to do in GW2 because your character scales so even old content is level appropriate. It's simply a case of you don't want to do said content again, or hang around to socialize with the people that are there.
11/11/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Awby
That game still has a community?
11/11/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Acernís
I wish Gw2 had more PVE content. I need more MMO's with a action combat playstyle that focus on PVE. There's a few out there, but not much. Or many that are worth talking about beyond visuals, world and story.

I will forever be sad that that Wildstar borked itself as hard as it did with its endgame decisions. Its combat was a lot of fun. But hey, HARDCORE
GW2 is a fun game. If you can stand killing tens of thousands of centaurs for 80 levels.
11/11/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Shadøw

Sure does. A pretty decent one at that. I still log on and play on occasion. One of my all-time favorite games. You still have people that stay in pre-searing Ascalon hanging around doing their own thing. The last time I played about a month or so ago there were quite a lot of people playing. Amazing game in my opinion.

As far as GW2, there is tons to do in that game. Not sure how the OP could act as if there isn't anything to do. I have been casually and slowly working towards world completion for the entire game. Love doing that. I love my necromancer in that game, the music, art style and the combat is a ton of fun in my opinion. They have some pretty fun holiday events as well. GW2 sure isn't lacking in things to do. Sounds like the OP just wanted to come bash a game?

Regardless, WoW is my favorite mmo. It has been since I first tried it back in 2005. But GW's and GW2 are by far my other favorites. I go back and forth between this game and those two.
one of the worst games I've ever played
I just played gw2 for the jumping puzzles.
End game has always been the flaw with GW2. I like the idea of horizontal progress. However, the way GW2 handles it doesn't satisfy me. Though the classes play alot better then what BfA has.
It doesn't have a monthly sub fee, so that's a huge plus at this point.
11/11/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Shadøw

Gw1 actually got a graphics update about 7 months ago lol
11/11/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Curzè
End game has always been the flaw with GW2. I like the idea of horizontal progress. However, the way GW2 handles it doesn't satisfy me. Though the classes play alot better then what BfA has.

GW2's PvE endgame is fractals, raiding, and world bosses. As well as crafting.