I just put 4 hours into gw2

General Discussion
im enjoying it
It's rock solid in it's concept and I'm embarrassed to say that I thought GW2 would be a WoW killer. I laughed at everyone who thought that Aion, Rift, SW:TOR, and others would do the job, and yet I thought GW2 would.

It's floaty, clunky movement and combat as well as lack of AddOn support will always have me coming back here. Stupid things like locked abilities and the awful announcers in PvP maps bring me down too.

Very cool game with a thriving community but it's not for me.
11/11/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Worldwarborn
it felt so good!

and then I realized I finished 3/4 of the post patch content from the expansion that came out over a year ago and theres nothing else to do after that.

so im logging back into wow now

I call BS. I haven't played this expansion but the last living world season I did was way longer. At least if you were trying to collect all the mastery points to make your character better at exploring the world.
So you came back to wow and did what? Guided a turtle through a maze that would bore even a 5 year old?
you skipped a lot of content then
Hey, did you know GW2 has raids now?

Strikes me as a bit odd that a game that claims to be for casuals would have raids.
11/11/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Holidaymug
it felt so good!

and then I realized I finished 3/4 of the post patch content from the expansion that came out over a year ago and theres nothing else to do after that.

I call BS. I haven't played this expansion but the last living world season I did was way longer. At least if you were trying to collect all the mastery points to make your character better at exploring the world.

I agree. Both expansions take several days each to complete the story. You need to develop mastered in order to advance in story and areas.
Some areas require random group events that you can’t solo. Luckily they is usually a bunch of people joining in the dynamic event every time.
11/11/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Wetrobrute
it felt so good!

GW2 is pvp-centric..

so.. you completely missed the point, but you do you.

In your opinion I play gw2 a lot and never do pvp and your opinion is shallow and inaccurate and sound like a bunch of butthurt fan bois
I enjoy the combat in GW2 very much, and the graphics and visuals are very good as well. The problem is you set your own goals, because "questing" is so much different than any other game, there arent a lot of obvious objectives. Dungeons are pretty much dead, raiding isn't that much fun, imo, fractals get repetitive, PvP is alright, but the balance fluctuates a lot. They go a bit more forceful with the RPG elements than a lot of popular MMOs.