Do you remember your first day in WoW?

General Discussion
Mine was Feb 2, 2007. It wasn't on this account, sadly. I remember mana wyrms... lots of mana wyrms, lynxes and running back to my corpse.
I remember playing a Tauren. A hunter maybe?
I sure do!
That loading screen took FOREVER!

Yes.
I definitely remember ... I made a blood elf warlock! Ahh memories :D
I was given a free trial for 6 days back in dec 2004. I created a tauren Hunter named bumbles.
Fall 2004. I was a strapping young lad in 8th grade. Had just moved to a small new town, had zero friends and parents beginning a wonderful journey to divorce. I spent my days in my room with the door shut and only my hand to keep me company. Then I came across this "World of Warcraft" on my AOL Internet. I guilted my mother into buying it for me and then embarked on my week long journey installing the game on my computer that had 256mb of RAM and dial up. After coming home from school every day hoping my download was finished for a week I was finally blessed with Warcraft. Logged in and leveled every class til 5 before I settled on a pally and was hooked on the sweet drug of WoW. The rest is history.
October (perhaps November) of 2004.

It was during the month-long Open Beta stress test prior to the game's release.

I played WC2 as a kid, and WC3 later, so I was excited to see Azeroth from the ground instead of as a floating hand in the sky. I played EverQuest prior to WoW, so the difference between was incredible.

It looked better, it sounded better, it felt better. It just was better.

I logged into Shadowglen on Teldrassil as a Night Elf Rogue and was blown away. The panoramic introduction of the Night Elven race being narrated over beautiful music and seeing motes of light floating amidst the trees immediately hit me. I knew that EverQuest no longer had any power of me, and that WoW was going to steal much of my time instead.

And it did, seeing as how... here I am, 14 years later.
I remember rolling a human paladin and my friend that got me into this game trying to teach me. I hated it. Rerolled a warlock loved the class and hated alliance. Rerolled to undead warlock and it was off to the races.
Yep.

- I nearly died to one of those bats in the undead starting area. I didn't know how skills worked so I just... melee'd it to death.

- Was wowed by flight paths. I very vividly remember the first one I took, from The Sepulcher to Undercity for that quest.

- Made friends with the Welcome Bear. Thought maybe I had to sneak around him or something, so I went for a second attempt. Made friends with the Welcome Bear again.

11/10 experience, I'd do it again.
I remember it was back in like 2005 I think.. or maybe it was 2004.. I can't remember. My friend gave me his level 60 hunter and account when he stopped playing. On my first week his guild did molten core, and they gave me a ton of gear because they thought I was still him and he was part of their core raiding group.

At the time I had no idea that was why they were gearing me up. But one of the guildies sent me a nasty message saying that he knows im not the same guy. He never told the guild or anything and I actually continued being a core part of the raiding group afterwards.
11/11/2018 08:31 PMPosted by Mëdicinal
Fall 2004. I was a strapping young lad in 8th grade. Had just moved to a small new town, had zero friends and parents beginning a wonderful journey to divorce. I spent my days in my room with the door shut and only my hand to keep me company. Then I came across this "World of Warcraft" on my AOL Internet. I guilted my mother into buying it for me and then embarked on my week long journey installing the game on my computer that had 256mb of RAM and dial up. After coming home from school every day hoping my download was finished for a week I was finally blessed with Warcraft. Logged in and leveled every class til 5 before I settled on a pally and was hooked on the sweet drug of WoW. The rest is history.

Now that's a sweet story.
I rolled a Gnome, promptly got stuck under the smallest, stupidest log imaginable.
11/11/2018 08:31 PMPosted by Cantaloupe
October (perhaps November) of 2004.

It was during the month-long Open Beta stress test prior to the game's release.

I played WC2 as a kid, and WC3 later, so I was excited to see Azeroth from the ground instead of as a floating hand in the sky. I played EverQuest prior to WoW, so the difference between was incredible.

It looked better, it sounded better, it felt better. It just was better.

I logged into Shadowglen on Teldrassil as a Night Elf Rogue and was blown away. The panoramic introduction of the Night Elven race being narrated over beautiful music and seeing motes of light floating amidst the trees immediately hit me. I knew that EverQuest no longer had any power of me, and that WoW was going to steal much of my time instead.

And it did, seeing as how... here I am, 14 years later.

This is the kind of answer I wanted. That nostalgia is strong.
11/11/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Dobrinya

Yes.
Good talk. Keeping it concise.
11/11/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Gaahr
Yep.

- I nearly died to one of those bats in the undead starting area. I didn't know how skills worked so I just... melee'd it to death.

- Was wowed by flight paths. I very vividly remember the first one I took, from The Sepulcher to Undercity for that quest.

- Made friends with the Welcome Bear. Thought maybe I had to sneak around him or something, so I went for a second attempt. Made friends with the Welcome Bear again.

11/10 experience, I'd do it again.

Give it till summer 2019, here's hoping you will do it again
11/11/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Têire
This is the kind of answer I wanted. That nostalgia is strong.
This is that rogue, by the way. I left Silver Hand behind, but those memories of vanilla and BC I will keep fondly.
Yup. Release day, 2004. I quested out of Camp Narache and befriended this tauren shaman. We did some quests together, he gave me some items and then asked "are we friends now?". I was like, "hell yeah bro we're friends!" and we added each other.
Day one of WoW...

Night Elf Rogue... sat in queue to get in for hours... once in.. stood waiting for friends to log in so we could level together...

Then froze up and disconned… queue again...

Had to wait until more servers opened up before we found a real home and got to play any..

Good times I tell ya!!
11/11/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Rairn
Yup. Release day, 2004. I quested out of Camp Narache and befriended this tauren shaman. We did some quests together, he gave me some items and then asked "are we friends now?". I was like, "hell yeah bro we're friends!" and we added each other.

Here's hoping in some crazy reality you guys somehow still keep in touch.