What's the most unlikely Allied Race you'd like to see?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Nerubians.

They don't even have to be the current models, a few tweaks to make them more player-friendly wouldn't be out of line. They come in a huge range of shapes and sizes already, what's one more? Just gimmie something with more than the standard boring two-arms-two-legs setup already.

11/11/2018 09:08 PMPosted by Fudabitan
Naga.

Also good, for the same reason!
Highelves would be pretty unlikely since they are already playable..
Mantid.

playable classes:
warrior, rogue, priest, hunter, warlock.

Other classes I feel wouldn't really be a good fit.

potential racial ability ideas:
-be their own flying mount (they do have wings)
-maybe some form of some of the paragon buffs we gained access to as we quested in the Dread wastes
-Something to do with amber: be akin to iceblock, or a on use racial damage reduction cooldown, etc...
-mantid sonic disrupter: Targeted AoE disorient (disorient would break on damage, would last for a short amount of time and be on a cd)

Given the end of the quest/story line in the Dread Wastes (I won't spoil it as I thought it was a pretty good twist) I can't imagine either side allowing them to join.
11/11/2018 09:07 PMPosted by Sincubus
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Ogres for sure, it's been long overdue.

I want to see what they would cook up for a female without half the forums blowing up about it.

Who am I kidding, they will blow up about it regardless.

It's true you don't see many Ogre women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Ogre men.

this in turn has given rise to the belief that there are no Ogre women, and that Ogres just spring out of holes in the ground!

…..wait

Spring from holes in the ground....
Ogres tend to live in mounds.....
Their mounds are essentially just holes in the ground...…

hmm....

maybe there are no Ogre women.....
Always wanted to be a murloc.
Nerubians

I want to be a Spoder Man.
.......Also their lore is cool.
But they have to be bloody spiders, no making them humanoid.
Get creative, not lazy.
Eredar or either side... or neither.
11/11/2018 09:07 PMPosted by Sincubus
11/11/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Agnohm

Ogres for sure, it's been long overdue.

I want to see what they would cook up for a female without half the forums blowing up about it.

Who am I kidding, they will blow up about it regardless.

*make it fat*
WAHHHHHHHHH I DON'T LIKE IT! IT'S FAT AND UGLY! FEMALE NOT ALLOWED TO BE FAT AND UGLY!

*make it thin*
WHAT NO OGRES ARE FAT THIS IS SUCH CRAP
My favorite race has always been forest trolls. Don’t care what tribe of forest trolls, any will do.

But I don’t think they are too unlikely of a choice. Maybe loa infused forest trolls? Like the bosses from ZA. They could share the worgen skeleton.
I identify as a Void Gnome Druid. That's what this game needs.

Void Gnome Druids. You know you'd roll one.
Tuskar. But, I'm pretty sure it's a cheap shoot dream.
11/11/2018 08:55 PMPosted by Ashamara
Drakonid. My subscription would be permanent in I could play a dragon based humanoid.

this, bonus points if it was based more on the Meloriak model. I love that scrawny little guy.
Gorlocs.
Trying to keep away from similar races that are already in the factions. I feel like jinyu would be really cool given al new models that differ from night elves enough to not be obviously night elf skeletons... for alliance. And for horde i think the undead drakkari trolls would be awesom, say they looked for sylvanas after the events of the lich king dying. Other choice for alliance would be to make a new model of furblog and for horde the vulpera of course. Then theres the arakkoa, sethrak, maybe hozen?, yaungul, taunka, tuskar, i mean there are plenty of races zome of which are questionable as to which sode they would join. Mogu could even join the horde thru the zamdalari.
Khagarians.

They all have Khadgar’s face but you can customize a feminine or masculine body with different hairstyles, hair colors, jewelry, and eye color.

Coming to you 2019 April Fool’s.
Always wanted to play Ethereal.
Sethrak
The one that doesn't come with a rep/achievement grind.
What's the most unlikely Allied Race you'd like to see?.
Naga.

Totally unwieldy. The lack of legs makes them difficult to adapt as a playable race. Riding animations would be difficult to adapt at best. Armor slots missing, and easiest to just never animate at all. And in Lore, well everyone but the Demonhunters pretty much hate them.

But I have always wanted to be a snakey woman. Ever since I saw The Golden Child, I have tried to get GMs to let me adapt Lamia as a playable race in just about every table top game. I think they will never happen. But yeah, if they were to become playable, WoW would have me on the hook.
11/11/2018 09:30 PMPosted by Ajora
maybe there are no Ogre women.....
What if the two headed types are the women?