How to increase fps

Technical Support
Im playing on a laptop using a GTX 1060 gpu and a I7-8750H cpu. My fps in game seems to be stuck at 30fps no matter how i try to fiddle with the settings. I tried the /console maxfps thing, i rebooted the game multiple times and still no luck. Im using directx 12 and the refresh rate of my panel is 120hz. Any help?
And yes, my v-sync is turned off.
check your video card settings outside of the game.
For instance, I have an nvidia graphics card. If I use Nvidia's control panel and set the v-sync to adaptive then any game I play will run at 30 fps whenever my framerate in game is less than 60 (my monitors refresh rate).

Settings for your video card outside of the game rule over any in game settings you use.

I also have a gtx 1060. I'm set to Fast in the Nvidia settings and keep vsync turned on in the game menu.
11/12/2018 05:14 AMPosted by Namzy
Im playing on a laptop using a GTX 1060 gpu and a I7-8750H cpu. My fps in game seems to be stuck at 30fps no matter how i try to fiddle with the settings. I tried the /console maxfps thing, i rebooted the game multiple times and still no luck. Im using directx 12 and the refresh rate of my panel is 120hz. Any help?

Lets start with a dxdiag

DxDiag
1.Press Windows Key + R.
2.Type DxDiag and press Enter.
3.In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
4.Name the file "dxdiag" and click Save
5.Open the txt file above select all, copy and paste to this thread.
I also noticed a setting in my nvidia control panel that locked my fps to 30 for "optimal battery life" if you have that, turn it off. Called "battery boost extend battery life while gaming''