Not Sad, Just Disappointed

General Discussion
I really wanted to convince myself to buy this expansion but.... The more I read into the lore and narrative, the more disappointed I became.

And I've watched all the latest cinematics on YouTube, and caught up with Nobbel... And it's just....

They seem to have ignored numerous characters personal growth and arcs, not to mention the actual events leading up to this expansion. And they've based it all on a moronic and contrived premise...

I guess I'm glad for those that wanted them to "put the war back in Warcraft," you've got your game. It's stupid. I resubbed hoping to find reason to buy BfA, but.... Nah.
Its not bad, its just not nearly as good as legion.

With Activision-Blizzards new focus being on cheap easy to monitize mobile gaming I would not expect much improvement.
Ok. Bye.
11/12/2018 06:03 AMPosted by Essenti
Its not bad, its just not nearly as good as legion.

With Activision-Blizzards new focus being on cheap easy to monitize mobile gaming I would not expect much improvement.

The thing is it's not nearly as good as any expansion so far, including WoD. At least WoD had decent storytelling while levelling and in dungeons. Sure the premise was weak but they made it work.

This... Is really lackluster from a narrative AND gameplay perspective. I wouldn't mind if it was just gameplay, but there really isn't anything here.
There are definitely some things that are a lot of fun but the story is pretty much not there. Island Expeditions and Warfronts are meh at best though.

Anyway, it will be on sale for 9.99 soon probably or even wrapped into the subscription price lol.

(puts out a lovely tray of cookies for all to enjoy)
RDR2 is out, go play that.
11/12/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Nzhuv
RDR2 is out, go play that.

I am, it's so good! Warframe too! Fortuna has probably been the best expansion I've experienced in an MMO, including all the expacs for WoW and Anarchy Online! And it's free! ((wtf?))

I just... Wish I could still appreciate WoW. It was my second MMO and I've always loved Warcraft lore.... Until this point.
What, you don't enjoy murdering innocents cause MUH WAR! and "dis is warcraft not peacecraft!" ? Yeah, I'm with you and I'm holding it up to blizzard to kill off this dumb idiotic faction war once and for all and to stop using WMD's as a convenient plot point to further said dumb and idiotic faction war. As is stands if BFA ends up with another dumb redemption arc for a one dimensional character who stopped being interesting since Wotlk then I'm out, I bought this expansion with that thought in mind.
11/12/2018 05:59 AMPosted by Sahalen
I really wanted to convince myself to buy this expansion but.... The more I read into the lore and narrative, the more disappointed I became.

And I've watched all the latest cinematics on YouTube, and caught up with Nobbel... And it's just....

They seem to have ignored numerous characters personal growth and arcs, not to mention the actual events leading up to this expansion. And they've based it all on a moronic and contrived premise...

I guess I'm glad for those that wanted them to "put the war back in Warcraft," you've got your game. It's stupid. I resubbed hoping to find reason to buy BfA, but.... Nah.

I'm not just sad, i'm disappointed just like you....however i'm more disappointed in another 110 character coming on the boards with the same old rhetoric. Come up with something new, have an original thought, but you wont, you'll just complain. Let me guess Tuesday will be a post about Pathfinder, Wednesday will be Ion, Thursday, will be an alliance bias post, and then Friday will be something about RNG...did I give your trolling away?
There's gonna be people flooding out of the woodwork to tell you variations of "if you don't like it, you can git out!!".

Oh and posting "bye" spam. On most forums you can't even post stuff with that few characters, it's considered spam (because it is).
I'm not sad, or disappointed really, Just some of the Story line is Misconstrued when you are playing one faction and go into another factions Zone. I am really thinking though they have it set up to all come together though in 8.1 and 8.2 looks like.
11/12/2018 06:16 AMPosted by Oimâk
11/12/2018 05:59 AMPosted by Sahalen

I'm not just sad, i'm disappointed just like you....however i'm more disappointed in another 110 character coming on the boards with the same old rhetoric. Come up with something new, have an original thought, but you wont, you'll just complain. Let me guess Tuesday will be a post about Pathfinder, Wednesday will be Ion, Thursday, will be an alliance bias post, and then Friday will be something about RNG...did I give your trolling away?

Nah, I'm fully Horde so I'll let the Alliance players fight their battles. Ion's just doing his job, and I don't really condone personal attacks. I don't mind RNG, I mean... How else are we supposed to get loot?

As for Pathfinder, it's an incredible system to supplement or replace DnD 4.0 or 5.0 without falling back to 3.5.

If you mean the achievement for flying, I don't really care. Flying was never really my thing, I liked it for checking out vistas, but enjoy exploring areas on landmount more.

As for being a LVL 110, well ... I resubbed after seeing suddenly hot Metzen and then watching all the cinematics, but was ultimately let down by the current state of gameplay and lore.

..... Dat Daddy Metzen though.... I would gladly make a post about that before retiring to Warframe. So that might be my Friday post.
I see BFA stuck between 2 camps:

~The MMORPG life long fans. Love a great in depth story. The journey is the fun part because the story & lore engages the player. You feel accomplishment when you earn various achievements and goals are unlocked. Time gates are not so bad because there is enough in the story to keep you engaged and the flow naturally leads to the end reward.

~The twitch gaming/shooters/etc fans. They want their shinies and they want them now. Zero care for story or lore. Leveling is unnecessary and only serves to tick these fans off because it is a waste of time. They want to dive headfirst into end game with the best that there is and that is all they care about.

Then you have BFA. Neither camp is satisfied. The story/lore has so many holes in it you could strain the pulp out of orange juice with it. This leads to ripping the mask off of the time gates, and with so little between point A and point B, everyone is packed in waiting like they're waiting for a store to open on Black Friday. Some areas do have great story lines or atmosphere, but if you're an altaholic, you burn yourself out on the one story line you like and now it is as tedious as the one zone you like the least. The shinies in end game are lackluster. Character progression feels empty and lowers the sense of accomplishment.
This thread is confusing.

Three months later, you're disappointed that a game you didn't buy isn't something you want to play?

Sounds rough, bud. Really rough.
11/12/2018 06:30 AMPosted by Mvura
This thread is confusing.

Three months later, you're disappointed that a game you didn't buy isn't something you want to play?

Sounds rough, bud. Really rough.

Well when they announced it, I kinda expected it to be trash so I quit and started playing elsewhere. I was hoping that by now it'd be better, they'd be steaming along with a decent narrative, and the hype train would be picking up.

Basically, "I WANT TO LOVE YOU, WHY WON'T YOU LET ME?!"