If Sylv Got Mak'gora'd, Would She Mak'gora?

Story Forum
11/12/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Grandblade
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I would definitely call Sylvanas getting Anduin to actually trust her a win for Sylvanas.
And yet it's not for Saurfang? I'm not talking about the prior relationship, I'm talking about the action itself.

I currently don't know if its a win for Saurfang. What happens later will tell me if it is or isn't. I just don't like the story surrounding that. However, for Sylvanas to convince Anduin into trusting her after everything she's done, is already a win for her.
11/12/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Deathisfinal
11/12/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Grandblade
God, why are you like this?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
You know you're borderline a troll, right?
She would have to, and she would have to fight fairly because the alternative is losing the orcs' support, and I doubt the Horde could survive that.
I might add, that I do know that freeing Saurfang is going to be an overall win for Anduin, because we know that he's High King in the future, rather than a head mounted on Tyrande's wall.
I don't think he actually would. Saurfang wants to take Sylvanas down for sure, and hopefully prevent her resurrection. I am only guessing, so take it for what you will, that he knows he doesn't stand a chance in a 1v1 duel with Sylvanas even if she wasn't trying. Sylvanas is leagues above every other Horde leader. Anduin has a better shot being a priest … paladin … Gary Stu thing. Hence forth he hoped he would take her down.
11/12/2018 08:57 AMPosted by Grandblade
11/12/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Hahahahahaha
...https://i.imgflip.com/21c1nf.jpg
Thank you, Slot, good morning.

Yes TY Three, I needed a good laugh today.
11/12/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Nairdrix
I might add, that I do know that freeing Saurfang is going to be an overall win for Anduin, because we know that he's High King in the future, rather than a head mounted on Tyrande's wall.

Not to derail but... do we know that?

We know he is alive. That does not mean he ruled the whole time.

It is possible he steps down, and takes the position up later in life.
"Sylvanas, your dishonorable methods and fear of death are leading us down the path to ruin. I hereby challenge you to an honorable duel to the death!"
11/12/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Cursewords
11/12/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Nairdrix

Not to derail but... do we know that?

We know he is alive. That does not mean he ruled the whole time.

It is possible he steps down, and takes the position up later in life.

Because I have a hard time believing anyone in the Alliance, especially the Night Elves, would be okay with Anduin as High King, even in the future, if the Saurfang thing didn't ultimately net him a win in the long run.
11/12/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Nairdrix
Because I have a hard time believing anyone in the Alliance, especially the Night Elves, would be okay with Anduin as High King, even in the future, if the Saurfang thing didn't ultimately net him a win in the long run.
Alliance and Horde will be okay with whatever stupid and/or morally absent actions Anduin and Sylvanas perform, so long as Blizzard requires one or both of them to head their respective factions for the plot.

Honestly, while I'm writing this, I feel like we criticize Blizzard too heavily for exercising the rule of convenience. Most narratives will write around a subject like this for the sake of continuing the story they wanna tell. It's just the level they exercise it at in this expansion particularly.
Plot twist: Sylvanas kills Saurfang and rezzes him to be her Nathanos 2.0
11/12/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Solythn
Yes, of course she would cheat. And she would be right to. No decent person should be subjected to such idiotic barbarism.

I mean, seriously - a system that allows executive power to be seized solely on basis of a fight. Orcish culture is a disease.

Look man, if you hate your allies this much we can drop you off in Quel'thalas and let you fend off the deus vult human paladin purp drank butt buddies by yourself. Orcish culture is what saved your pretty behind from a hard, strong and fast downward magic addiction spiral with the Alliance just salivating at the chance to crap on you. I will turn this featherdusting faction around so help me Thrall.

Still better than a hereditary monarchy lol
Orcish culture is a disease.
Pretty ironic statement seeing as how Forsaken culture is almost entirely based around the production and spreading of diseases and chemical weapons.
11/12/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Deathisfinal
Sylvanas makes terrible mistakes, I just don't go around posting about it. Ya know, being a fan and all.

I will cherish this post forever. It's not often people are honest about avoiding conversations that make their interests look bad.
11/12/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Amadis
11/12/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Deathisfinal
Sylvanas makes terrible mistakes, I just don't go around posting about it. Ya know, being a fan and all.

I will cherish this post forever. It's not often people are honest about avoiding conversations that make their interests look bad.

Thank you Amadis. I mean I've talked about them, but its not something I particularly enjoy.

: )
11/12/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Rothiron
Someones never heard about trials by combat.

Of course I have. I didn't feel compelled to mention it because it has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

1. Has nothing to do with the transfer of power.
2. Has never been associated with any culture in WoW.
3. Only applies to criminal accusations for which there are no witnesses, IE, it's a very low form of "evidence" that can be superceded by almost anything else.
Yes, of course she would cheat. And she would be right to. No decent person should be subjected to such idiotic barbarism.

I mean, seriously - a system that allows executive power to be seized solely on basis of a fight. Orcish culture is a disease.
If you want a civilized faction, the Alliance is there waiting for you.
I actually have my own theory for how a Mak'gora would go down.

Saurfang challenges Sylvanas to a Mak'gora for control of the Horde, and she accepts. During the duel, she does something nobody was expecting...

She concedes almost immediately.

She vows that she will not make the same mistake that Garrosh made. When the Horde demanded a restoration to their honor, Garrosh resisted. In doing so, he turned the Horde against itself, which not only cost them the war in Pandaria, but also lead to Garrosh's undoing.

Thus, Sylvanas concedes the mantle of Warchief to Saurfang, in the interest of keeping the Horde whole rather than allow it to tear itself apart during a crucial phase in the war. If the Horde truly demands a new Warchief, she will not resist.

In truth, this is simply another plan. Sylvanas knows that Saurfang would have many supporters, and that trying to fight back against him and his camp would result in yet another Horde Civil War - which is the LAST thing she needs on her plate right now. Yes, the demotion is unfortunate, but ultimately, it does little more than delay her plans. Besides, she never really cared for her position as Warchief. The spotlight can be a restricting place. She works better in the shadows...
Why don't they just have 3 people challenge Sylvanas to Mak'gora at the same time?
Even if she cheats she'd be too tired by the time she got around to fighting the third person.
11/12/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Solythn
11/12/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Rothiron
Someones never heard about trials by combat.
Of course I have. I didn't feel compelled to mention it because it has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.
Yes it does. Mak'gora is a trial by combat.
1. Has nothing to do with the transfer of power.
Not necessarily and it does in this case.
2. Has never been associated with any culture in WoW.
The orcs and ogres since WC3 at least say hi.
3. Only applies to criminal accusations for which there are no witnesses, IE, it's a very low form of "evidence" that can be superceded by almost anything else.
Wikipedia isn't a reliable source, professor Google-search. Go home, knife-ear. You're drunk.