If Sylv Got Mak'gora'd, Would She Mak'gora?

Story Forum
Probably. She'd risk losing all the orcs if she refused, and Saurfang isn't much of a threat to her anyway.
I will be 100% unsurprised if they rip off a plot point from their own terrible movie and have Sylvanas accept a duel with Saurfang only to visibly, publicly cheat when the fight shifts in his favor, resulting in Saurfang becoming a martyr and inspiring whoever ends up leading the rebellion.

My money's still on Saurfang sacrificing himself to save the Alliance in some way though.
11/12/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Vespero
Probably. She'd risk losing all the orcs if she refused, and Saurfang isn't much of a threat to her anyway.
Man, not body ever reads the OP (I know I don't).

you missed seeing my joke that if Sylvanas got killed in a Mak'gora, she could pop up right away and challenge the new Warchief to a Mak'gora immediately. :D
11/12/2018 07:59 AMPosted by Hahahahahaha
When Saurfang finds out she killed his son at the Wrathgate, and he kills her in a Mak'gora...think she will challenge him to a Mak'gora 10 seconds later when she respawns?

Of course she will. After all she hates saurfang for killing her and making her a banshee -_-
11/12/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Kazala
I will be 100% unsurprised if they rip off a plot point from their own terrible movie and have Sylvanas accept a duel with Saurfang only to visibly, publicly cheat when the fight shifts in his favor, resulting in Saurfang becoming a martyr and inspiring whoever ends up leading the rebellion.

My money's still on Saurfang sacrificing himself to save the Alliance in some way though.

Yeah, except it would be made even stupider as the forsaken suddenly turn on her. Or are we just going to say they magically turn honorbound the minute she dies?
11/12/2018 08:17 AMPosted by Ayaani
11/12/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Deathisfinal
There's nothing Sylvanas could do that would make Saurfang challenge her to a Mak'gora.

He's so deathly afraid of her that he needed to grovel and cry at Anduin's feet for help to dispose of her.

Challenging someone who notoriously doesn't care about honor at all to an honorable duel seems ill-advised.

Sylvanas would cheat 100%.

If you’re willing to try death by Alliance twice, it probably would of been better to challenge her. Regardless of the outcome.
The truth is that I don't think any one character can kill Sylvanas. It's going to take a lot more than a 1v1 battle to bring her down.
The mak'gora would've put Sylvanas in an interesting political position.

Refuse = Orcs, Tauren, and Trolls questioning her leadership as Warchief

Accept, but "cheat" = ripe for rebellion from the "muh HOnOr" Horde

Accept and win without "cheating" = Saurfang gets his precious "warrior's death"

Accept and lose = Saurfang becomes Warchief

But no, instead we get mopey Sourfang the Coward and Sylvanas lining up to be Garrosh 2.0
*Saurfang challenges Sylvanas to Mak'Gora*

*Sylvanas: Read*
She’d have to accept the Mak’gora just so she doesn’t appear weak. It’s the Horde way. Whether she plays fairly is another subject....

Also, Saurfang has gone from the Horde chuck norris meme to despised... what’s up with that?
Depends on how public the challenge is. If it's in front of a large enough crowd she would have no choice but to accept and she would probably know well enough that she will have to win 'honorably', so any cheating she does would likely be covert rather than overt. Of course if things end up not going her way, then I could also see her cheating grossly at the last minute AND THEN KILLING EVERYONE PRESENT.

Or at least attempting to.

Because that is what I think she would do if challenged in a private setting. Kill the challenger immediately without preamble and then murder anyone who might object who witnessed the deed.
11/12/2018 08:20 AMPosted by Hahahahahaha
11/12/2018 08:17 AMPosted by Ayaani
Challenging someone who notoriously doesn't care about honor at all to an honorable duel seems ill-advised.

Sylvanas would cheat 100%.
What could go wrong?

https://i.redd.it/85pmr7wvsqf11.jpg

i rofld
11/12/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Totemfiend
Why don't they just have 3 people challenge Sylvanas to Mak'gora at the same time?
Even if she cheats she'd be too tired by the time she got around to fighting the third person.

Undead Elf Ranger so bored maybe but tired unlikely.

----------------------------------

As for the thread if challenged by Surfang, I'd say she likely would and probably wouldn't have to cheat.

If she's allowed to use her bow even without black arrows she just kites him turning Surfang into a disabled pincushion.

If she has to melee him, Slyvanas likely taunts him into going Orc blood lust and then uses her undead elf dexterity to dodge his attacks while whittling him down with small strikes.
It doesn’t even matter. Sylvanas would ruin Saurfang in a mak’gora, magic or no magic. He says so himself in the novella—she has years upon years of battle experience over him.
11/12/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Grandblade
11/12/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Deathisfinal
AHAHAH you mad bro
God, why are you like this? Why do we not age-restrict these forums?

>bait someone
>they take the bait
>claim moral highground

like clockwork
If she did accept, she'd gain respect from the OG Horde crowd as well of getting rid of a considerable threat to her leadership from within the faction.

She'd be a fool not to, especially as she wouldn't even have to cheat to win.

11/12/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Sigmar
Also, Saurfang has gone from the Horde chuck norris meme to despised... what’s up with that?

Slyv fanboys/girls don't like him. Whoever-the-Warchief-happens-to-be loyalists don't aren't big fans. The people who wanted him to challenge Slyv either by trying to intervene before the catapults went off or try to stop her instead of going to sit in Jail have gone off him. Some people might have other reasons.

For me he's a figurehead for the faction schism that Blizzard have rammed down our throats, with Saurfang on one side and Sylvanas on the other. Proponents of either would say "Your not welcome here, this isn't your faction." to the other side. If Blizzard can't resolve this, one of those groups is going to be given a canonical confirmation that they don't belong on the Horde which is just shi**y regardless of what Alex Afrasiabi seems to think.
11/13/2018 04:26 AMPosted by Piouspelicañ
11/12/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Grandblade
... God, why are you like this? Why do we not age-restrict these forums?

>bait someone
>they take the bait
>claim moral highground

like clockwork

My intention wasn't to bait anyone. If anything I'm a very playful individual who laughs all the time irl. If anyone is offended by anything I've said, I apologize.

Also, I don't feel as though I've taken a moral high ground in some forum discussion grand scheme(see I laughed irl just then), its not what I do lol. This isn't my first time saying some really reasonable things about Zerde, I really have nothing against him nor Grand(we're discussing fantasy pixels over the internet for crying out loud lol):

I don't agree with a lot of what Z says but I gotta give him props for at least staying positive and focusing on the positive when his favorite faction(Alliance) gets beat. We're the same when it comes to that. - May 2018.
11/13/2018 04:10 AMPosted by Farrar
It doesn’t even matter. Sylvanas would ruin Saurfang in a mak’gora, magic or no magic. He says so himself in the novella—she has years upon years of battle experience over him.
There's no way he could win honorably or dishonorably. If she uses her magic like turning into death mist, he as no way to fight her.

If she's not allowed to use ANY magic, then she's being unfairly crippled, like a warrior dueling a mage and demanding no spells, only melee. There's no honor in that.
11/12/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Nairdrix
11/12/2018 08:34 AMPosted by Grandblade
If Sylvanas had hypothetically been imprisoned by Anduin, and she asked for his help directly, Deathisfinal would call her plan utter genius.

I would definitely call Sylvanas getting Anduin to actually trust her a win for Sylvanas.

That's a pretty low bar.
Saurfang should have already challenged her, it is the Orcish way to challenge if you believe the Chieftain or Warchief is leading the Clan or Horde to ruin. Or if they are just a weak leader in your mind.
The only time you would not challenge if you felt that way is if you fear the ruler; so the implications that we can learn from that can be summed up as these three:

1. Saurfang fears Sylvanas
2. Saurfang is acting out of his Orcish character. Since it's the same guy who said he would forgive Garrosh for all crimes should he win a trial by combat (yes he said this in Warcrimes)
3. It's all an act, and Saurfang is actually trying to find out who the traitors in the Horde are while also getting close to the Alliance.

Because I don't believe in tinfoil theories, I don't believe that it is #3, and I'm pretty sure he does not fear Sylvanas, so #1 is not an option. So he is just acting out of his character.
This happens when you have multiple people writing the story for one person. They act differently based on which direction of the storyboard was chosen, not necessarily what that character would ACTUALLY do.