I have seen hell, and it is the Overwatch forums

General Discussion
I've been on the Overwatch forums for years, OP is exaggerating. It's pretty much the same as over here.
11/12/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Ralanbék
What I have come to notice of late there are two trains of thought.

1: Every single puppy in the world is treated nice, all the children are fed and go to sleep in a comfy bed every night, all the unicorns in the world do fart rainbows.

2: Realists

It is ok to have differing opinions.

yeah but a fair percentage of group 1 will tell group 2 they are wrong and dehumanize them, while group 2 tells group 1 that it's okay to have those differing opinions.
11/12/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Spotti
No Moderation - Blizz bad.
Mild Moderation - Blizz bad.
Actual Moderation - Blizz bad.

I am all for critiquing Blizzard on what they do but this is just silly.

99% of these forums is pointless, filled with trolling, layered onto trolling, with an extra touch of neckbeard anger.

I'm quite sure if you actually want to try to be at the very least, a normal, human being, then you'll be fine on the new forums...

But then again, with the different types of angered little children in this game, I'm not surprised some are getting worked up over a forum that is actually moderated. What will I do without all the great amazing threads! /s

I would think a post like this would get u in trouble. Calling people angry children because they disagree with u does not seem to be the way to go. U no better than people ur criticizing
11/12/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Swiftraven
just another change for the worse that nobody asked for

stop "fixing" what isn't broken, blizzard!

People actually asked for some of those things that the new forum will bring, i.e. to see replies to them and that sort of stuff. I mostly don't care if people reply to me so it will be interesting now that I will be expected to know someone has replied to me.
11/12/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Xarron

99% of these forums is pointless, filled with trolling, layered onto trolling, with an extra touch of neckbeard anger.

I'm quite sure if you actually want to try to be at the very least, a normal, human being, then you'll be fine on the new forums...

But then again, with the different types of angered little children in this game, I'm not surprised some are getting worked up over a forum that is actually moderated. What will I do without all the great amazing threads! /s

I would think a post like this would get u in trouble. Calling people angry children because they disagree with u does not seem to be the way to go. U no better than people ur criticizing

Yes I agree - even under these current rules that would be considered trolling.
11/12/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Snowfox
Players may be rightfully scared that they'll have to check their own behavior.

They may see that as an oppressive force censoring them.. or simply the need to maybe be nicer and more polite to other players.

Either way, I'd generally advise players to be nicer to each other in the new forums.

I don't know Snow, I got suspended for making "what would you do?" RP posts mainly because someone didn't like them, and somehow Blizz dinged me for trolling, which I can honestly say I had no intentions of doing. I just wanted to make something people could enjoy and use a little creativity in responding too. I think the fears of people being vindictive and flagging for petty reasons are founded.

Not everyone afraid is a baseless troll. Some of us fear the trolls abusing the system.
11/12/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Teufelgott
11/12/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Archona
Be nicer? No.

The truth isn't always nice and pretty. I'll speak the truth.
You know, it's eminently possible to speak the truth without being an actual d-bag. You do know that, right?

This post would get you silenced on the new forums. I don’t think you quite grasp the changes coming.
11/12/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Snowfox
Players may be rightfully scared that they'll have to check their own behavior.

They may see that as an oppressive force censoring them.. or simply the need to maybe be nicer and more polite to other players.

Either way, I'd generally advise players to be nicer to each other in the new forums.
You can’t wait, can you?

You can take away the green text, but it never left your heart.
11/12/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Xarron

Far from it, I'm fine with people disagreeing with me, my comment was observational from in-game behavior towards other people. Some act like angry children, teenagers who learned only four words, all being swear words to lambast someone for doing even the smallest of things incorrectly.

In the current state gamer-culture and gamer-behavior, calling people angry little children would be a compliment at this point... lol.
11/12/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Teufelgott
You know, it's eminently possible to speak the truth without being an actual d-bag. You do know that, right?

You do realise that statement would be enough to be flagged, and my reply would get me flagged?

So treat the forums the same as trade chat, never reply even if you could help someone. Ok.