spoilers Sylvanas' orders

General Discussion
11/12/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Kallistus
11/12/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Shadøw
Should this be a surprise after she blighted her own people in Lordaeron?

Yes, it's a massive retcon of an event that still has an ingame video showing differently.

Only when it comes to Saurfang's son dying. The rest is exactly the same as when it originally happened.
Gotta love when blizzard retcons things to make their current terrible choices look more in line.

This is more butchering of Sylv's character.

If her writer doesn't even know what he wrote in wrath, why is he still allowed to write anything.

And if this was truly his intent all along, he really needs to understand that as a writer, you have to actually WRITE your ideas for them to count. This was not at all the way the wrath gate incident was written. If this is what was in his head then, he is far worse of a writer than we already believed.
I'm up for criticizing Blizzard anytime, but I think this is just a case of Blizzard forgetting its own lore again.

This is the developer team that made Garrosh's entire characterization because of a missed memo, remember?
11/12/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Kelisaria
11/12/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Kallistus

Yes, it's a massive retcon of an event that still has an ingame video showing differently.

Only when it comes to Saurfang's son dying. The rest is exactly the same as when it originally happened.
Not exactly. The rest of the Chronicle passage describes the Alliance and Horde forces cutting through the Scourge much more easily, to the point that it says it would have been the end of the Lich King if the blight hadn't been deployed.
I thought we all knew this already. It shouldn't be a surprise. Sylvanas is an undead banshee raised by cursed runeblade Frostmourne. What did you think would come out of that?

A very friendly gentle kind spirit?
Literally every war related event in this expac has been cultivated by Blizz to make Sylvanas look worse and worse with every event. That they go so far as to retcon one of the best cinematics they’ve ever made shows just how far they’re willing to get to root out her hardcore supporters.

By retroactively making her directly responsible for not only the deaths of many soldiers, but also Saurfang the Younger, it’s pretty clear ‘morally grey’ was never their game plan in the first place and all of the frustration they’ve given us in regards to it was engineered. That so many people allow themselves to be blinded by their confirmation bias and hatebon.ers for Sylvanas is pretty telling for how Blizz looks at the fan base if they’re this easily manipulated into their SoO 2.0 story.
11/12/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Panoptes
Nah, this is some bad retcon.

How is it bad? The Forsaken story line in game makes it clear that Sylvanas fully supported the development of the Blight, she was even testing it upon Alliance and Horde subjects to gauge the effectiveness. They never said she gave the orders to use it but to claim that she didn't play a part in the development of the Blight is an out right lie.
11/12/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Dardillien
11/12/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Glacios
I just want to see Saurfang's reaction when he knows it. He is already very angry with her, but imagine when he finds out that she is responsible for the death of his son. I just hope he does not die before he knows it.

Nothing will come of it. He will find out, get mad, Sylvanas will make a condescending comment about his son because she's a !@#$%, then she will wreck Saurfang and get away. Blizzard loves their waifu too much to have her suffer the consequences of any of her actions.

Oh man I can't wait to see Sylvanas fart rocket her way out of dealing with the consequences of her actions yet again. Especially when Garrosh didn't even get the dignity of being buried in his homeland.
11/12/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Enekie
I'm up for criticizing Blizzard anytime, but I think this is just a case of Blizzard forgetting its own lore again.

This is the developer team that made Garrosh's entire characterization because of a missed memo, remember?

Considering Chronicle 3 makes several, "But Sylvanas didn't orchestrate the Wrathgate herself, OR DID SHE?!" moments, this just removes that tiny curtain of doubt that the book had established.

I heavily doubt this is a misquote.
11/12/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Glacios
I just want to see Saurfang's reaction when he knows it. He is already very angry with her, but imagine when he finds out that she is responsible for the death of his son. I just hope he does not die before he knows it.
its a pretty big Chekhov's gun that they had to retcon a very major event for. I cant imagine they would waste all that set up.
This is some fresh J.K. Rowling style bull!@#$.
11/13/2018 03:14 PMPosted by Kelor
This is some fresh J.K. Rowling style bull!@#$.
I'm just waiting for them to drop the bomb that Arthas is the first bi character almost a decade after being slain at ice crown and that Brightwing is actually Chromie's mother and Anduin's sister due to a delightful mix up in time travel.