My best friend is dying

General Discussion
11/12/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Hypêrspace
hey that sounds like my former best friend! he was doing the same thing to me!
at least you're beautiful and on the devs preferred faction. take solace that the devs will continue to take your concerns before mine, for example. :D

Unfortunately, I'm just an alliance traitor =/

I switched over (well after I realized the getting was much better on the other side) only when I finally found friends I liked on horde well enough to pay for a few toons to be faction changed.
My best friend gives me special 'favours' without me throwing money at him. I think you need a friend like my best friend.

All your friend cares about is doing you from behind metaphorically. (which is ironically a metaphor for something unpleasant despite originating from a fun activity)
11/12/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Akston
WoW started asking you for money a few years ago?

Just to borrow it, as I stated, with the promise of sweet new content loaded with fun, new ideas, as repayment.
11/12/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Bouzsi
11/12/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Hypêrspace
hey that sounds like my former best friend! he was doing the same thing to me!
at least you're beautiful and on the devs preferred faction. take solace that the devs will continue to take your concerns before mine, for example. :D

I switched over (well after I realized the getting was much better on the other side) only when I finally found friends I liked on horde well enough to pay for a few toons to be faction changed.

well i have horde chars too. lol
my former best friend has decided that i should be limited in my speech. it's an odd thing that. i was always shocked at the discourse in trade chat and would just switch to an alternate tab. but i certainly didn't want them to be silenced. i know how this is gonna go. it's sad really.
11/12/2018 05:13 PMPosted by Hypêrspace
11/12/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Bouzsi

well i have horde chars too. lol
my former best friend has decided that i should be limited in my speech. it's an odd thing that. i was always shocked at the discourse in trade chat and would just switch to an alternate tab. but i certainly didn't want them to be silenced. i know how this is gonna go. it's sad really.

Part of me suspects this thread will quickly be locked or just deleted. I'm hoping that, until then, some healthy conversation and good points can be made. I guess we'll see.
11/12/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Dùbbs
Everything dies. We all die. All our favourite things die. In the deep time of the universe, everything will ultimately dissipate into nothingness.

I suggest you reflect on this fact, and find peace there.

Can you enlighten us on how your theory of nothing has meaning of peacefulness?
But wait, don't you have another friend?

Don't you have a phone?

Don't you have...?
This is probably the worst thread I have ever read and I worry for your mental health.
people in power for too long, start making assumptions.
for example, hospitals are constantly making life and death
decisions. they are as use to doing that as blizz is use to
making games and players are use to playing them.

one day i go in to the hospital with horrible chest pains but
i know they are from my stomach not my heart. i assume
my digestive system is backed up and suggest a laxative.
they ignore that and instead check between my toes to see
if there's any needle marks. i dont do drugs. never have.

i suggest again, it's my stomach, so they decide to operate
and run a catheter up to my heart (not my stomach)... this
is day 2, mind you. i'm beside myself with frustration. they
dont trust that you might know your own body after 50 plus
years of living or have a brain cell capable of putting evidence
together.

thankfully, my sister called my hospital room and diagnosed
my condition, remotely, from another state. i was allergic to
tomatoes and had just had a big meal doused in yummy salsa
the day i went to the hospital.

i was like hasta la vista baby, right outta that place. got me some
zantac, took it once, pain gone. never eat tomatoes now, problem
hasn't come back. such a simple solution. listen to the patient, at
the very least. i'd tell them what i thought it was and they'd just
nod at me and say "hmm" but do something else lol
/sniff ground to find friend
Rolls eyes.
OP got me to read way too far before I realized I'd been mislead.

Grats?
11/12/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Caddarly
This is probably the worst thread I have ever read and I worry for your mental health.

I'm going to have to agree here. Go outside op,I think you need a break from your computer. Seriously.
Well....our dear old friend wants to drive off a cliff and I am going to let him. I found a new friend called intrepid....they have a game coming out late next year. I also have an old buddy named Bethesda....they are working on a new game as well...maybe a few years out. So between them I think that I will have more than enough friends.

If Blizz wants to chase new customers in China so be it....I have no desire to support a company that does so little for the people who helped to grow them. But that is ok....I have tokens a plenty so I can sit around and poke at them.
11/12/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Jamalia
OP got me to read way too far before I realized I'd been mislead.

Grats?

My intention wasn't to mislead anyone, I don't really benefit from that in any way that I can think of. It was to invoke a feeling, to allow you to know how I feel, to see if anyone else felt like the game was once an incredible part of their life but is now just leaving a feeling of being used, possibly even abused.

My apologies if you think I intentionally misled you.
What do you mean when you say the game is asking you for more and more money? My payments to this game have been pretty steady for the past 12-13 years, from subscription fees to expansions. Anything else is purely optional.

ps: I'm enjoying BfA.
my best friends have died irl

you will learn to move on... or not
11/12/2018 07:14 PMPosted by Audeze
What do you mean when you say the game is asking you for more and more money? My payments to this game have been pretty steady for the past 12-13 years, from subscription fees to expansions. Anything else is purely optional.

ps: I'm enjoying BfA.

Most recently, the changes to leveling seemed to boil down to "oh, you want to raid on a different class sooner? Or you want to level a ton to raid with your friends on a different realm? Or you just find the leveling process on your 15 th toon to get in the way of raiding, where you feel like the game actually begins? No problem! Just give us the amount of money that could get you a AAA game, and you can almost have a max level toon."

Leveling is painful now. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like without heirlooms, as a brand new player on a new account...

I know this is being addressed in 8.1, sort of, but it's just the latest example of cash grabs for the things they had gotten is used to. It's slimy, it's unfortunate, it's kind of petty of them to do things like that.