Your First Raid Set

General Discussion
Do you remember when you acquired your first tier set? If so, what was it? Mines was from ToT in mist on my Hunter.
yes priest MC set i got helm shoulder chest. and sexond piece for my Benediction staff event all in one night.

i had saved up all DKP just taking the pieces noone needed. then all in one night finished my set being leagues ahead in dkp and luck on drops

Devout was my first complete set though took over 80 plus runs to get my helm. also enjoyed every 5 10 man i did to get it.

Devout set meant more than any set could. so many fun nights.

i miss dungeon sets. careless about the raid ones ive gotten. except tier 4 from TBC Shammie. loved that set
DK tier 10 with bryntol/shadow edge (what ever shadowmournes prequel was)
Nightslayer
Back then I was still playing my rogue and it would be set from MC, think it is Nightslayer. I remember when I finished my Bloodfang set, man that armor looked good back in the day!
11/13/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Shadøw
Do you remember when you acquired your first tier set? If so, what was it? Mines was from ToT in mist on my Hunter.

Warlock T1 Felheart set.

Still regret changing mains and not getting the T3 for Warlock (got it on Rogue).

Still though, T2 Nemesis for Warlock is pretty awesome. I'll never forget how excited I was when I got my first T4 head piece that put off that black aura around shoulders/head area.

Good times back then. Good times.
11/13/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Caelin
Back then I was still playing my rogue and it would be set from MC, think it is Nightslayer. I remember when I finished my Bloodfang set, man that armor looked good back in the day!

Still does! Bloodfang helm is still one of the best looking helm for Rogues even after all these years!!!!
Felheart on my warlock.
Legion.

My first and last :(
Might, though I think I actually finished the ZG set first on my UD warrior.
11/13/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Shadøw

Warlock MC tier set, felheart I think it's called. Second warlock in Guild to get it.
My first fully completed raid set was warrior t4
Giantstalker. Back when it was still disgusting green placeholder graphics.
Shadowblades Battlegear was the first set I actually completed, and it will be the last, considering they wont be making class sets ever again. It was an amazing set that I loved having as an undead rogue, got to look like one of the gouls roaming ICC, and combining that with Kryss, I felt purely bad*ss.
During vanilla I spent much of my early days at 60 going for Grand Marshal so i guess you could say that was my first complete "tier" set (even if it isn't what is traditionally viewed as tier).

I didn't start raiding until after my GM grind was done. My guild was still clearing BWL when they drafted me into raiding but the GM gear at the time was better than tier 1 or 2, though the raids did give me upgrades for slots not covered by the pvp gear of the day (jewelry/accessories/trinkets).

It wasn't until AQ40 and Naxx40 that I started getting upgrades for my pvp item slots and even AQ40 gear was iffy. My first guild fell apart in early Naxx and I got invited to another more progressed guild. We eventually cleared 3 wings of naxx40 and were working on Gothik in last wing when BC hit and my new guild imploded. I had a mix of tier 3, non-tier naxx epics, and some of my pvp and bwl gear (I was still using Neltharion's Tear when I hit 70) going into TBC.

Members of my first guild and some new folks came together in TBC to form the guild I am still in today. As Arcane, the crafted Spellfire set was pretty amazing at the time so I only used the tier 4 in the slots not covered by Spellfire. Tier 5 however was where the raw stats of the tier coupled with its set bonuses outweighed Spellfire's set bonus and that was my very first complete "traditional" tier set.

The most amazing thing for me as Arcane in TBC though was in Sunwell when I was able to wear 2 pieces of Tier 5 AND 4 pieces of Tier 6. That was probably the happiest I was with how Arcane played. And while early WOTLK sucked for Arcane, later WOTLK Arcane was also really good.
Warlock T1 Felheart back in Vanilla.
Technically my first gear set was the blue tier 0 dungeon set for my mage in classic before MC came out. Ah those were the good ole days. I'm old. Get off my lawn!
probably t9 in wotlk.

i didn't do much prior to t9.
11/13/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Mujihn
Nightslayer

This.
Giantstalker, then dragonstalker, then bananas, judgement, redemption.